Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, March 22, 2015, 10:03am
Grimsby v Scunny it could be, the dream is still on, or we might have to settle for Boston! The Iron are sinking like a stone and we are gradually approaching the surface.
Posted by: brigg_mariner, March 22, 2015, 10:09am; Reply: 1
I have seen their fans calling for the managers head already...
Posted by: Martz86, March 22, 2015, 10:24am; Reply: 2
I'm not sure whether the football league arrange local matches over the festive period.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 22, 2015, 10:25am; Reply: 3
If I was a scunny fan I woould be careful why they wish for.

Rodwell has just arrived at the club, he alone is a cowboy but more importantly, so is his friend, Steve 'the eyeliner' Evans...
Posted by: Paris Mariner, March 22, 2015, 10:56am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Martz86
I'm not sure whether the football league arrange local matches over the festive period.

Yeah, I don't think they go for local derbies in the sense of same county but they try and keep them at least regional.

Posted by: Paris Mariner, March 22, 2015, 12:36pm; Reply: 5
Highlights here from yesterday's Lincolnshire derby at York Street: http://www.unitedhighlights.co.uk/ looked like a decent atmosphere and a deserved three points for Boston who are just outside the play-offs. They have scored loads of goals at home this season.
Posted by: Trawler, March 22, 2015, 12:41pm; Reply: 6
That Dayle Southwell looks useful CDAJATL?  ;)
Posted by: Paris Mariner, March 22, 2015, 12:52pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Trawler
That Dayle Southwell looks useful CDAJATL?  ;)

To be fair, he's done really well for Boston this season. Saw him play in a couple of games over Christmas and he took his goals well. Just shows what playing in the correct position and lots of games can do for a player.
Posted by: mike_d, March 22, 2015, 10:41pm; Reply: 8
In a league below this one, yes.
Posted by: Trawler, March 23, 2015, 10:08am; Reply: 9
Southwell has 25 goals this season for Boston. If Boston don't get promoted a Conference Premier team is bound to make him an offer.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 23, 2015, 11:22am; Reply: 10
We could be playing York in L2 or sadly the conference.
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 23, 2015, 11:31am; Reply: 11
Quoted from aldi_01
If I was a scunny fan I woould be careful why they wish for.

Rodwell has just arrived at the club, he alone is a cowboy but more importantly, so is his friend, Steve 'the eyeliner' Evans...

I think Evans has moved onto bigger and better things since their Boston days.

I wouldn't want Rodwell anywhere near my football club.  Evans is, in my opinion, an excellent manager but is stuck with his dodgy tag which may prevent him managing any higher than his present position, even at the same level should he leave Rotherham.   If so he'll end up going to a train-wreck club like Leeds.   I'm not defending his dodgy past but I think his biggest mistake was getting caught.      

Posted by: Nelly GTFC, March 23, 2015, 2:42pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Trawler
Southwell has 25 goals this season for Boston. If Boston don't get promoted a Conference Premier team is bound to make him an offer.

I think he's their regular penalty taker, I've not checked how many goes have come through penalties though.
Posted by: TAGG, March 23, 2015, 3:12pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from grimsby pete
We could be playing York in L2 or sadly the conference.

Hope not where would we get our players from  :D  
Posted by: Abdul19, March 23, 2015, 3:20pm; Reply: 14
Coulson aside, I wouldn't want any of their current players!
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 10:26am