Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 21, 2015, 10:33pm
http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/confprem/form

We are peaking at the right time, i'm having to stop myself getting too positive after previous seasons of disappointment in the conference but i feel this is our year to go up. It's now a three horse race for the title and Hurst is in prime position for manager of the month, i think i'm going to have a nose bleed.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 21, 2015, 11:09pm; Reply: 1
Please God not the manager of the months award. Traditionally the kiss of death for the following month wasn't it?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 21, 2015, 11:12pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from promotion plaice
http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/confprem/form

We are peaking at the right time, i'm having to stop myself getting too positive after previous seasons of disappointment in the conference but i feel this is our year to go up. It's now a three horse race for the title and Hurst is in prime position for manager of the month, i think i'm going to have a nose bleed.

Repeating that form again over the next six and we'd catch up with Barnet on points but still be behind on GD with a game in hand. And we'd be 2 points behind Rovers with a GiH.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, March 21, 2015, 11:26pm; Reply: 3
A word of caution,
Both Alfreton and Southport are in the top 7 form teams at the moment and who we both play away in the next few weeks as 2 of our "easier" games to the run in of the season, still we're top so they should be more fearful of us!
Posted by: LH, March 21, 2015, 11:28pm; Reply: 4
Don't want to jinx it but Alfreton is always a goal fest and nearly always goes our way. Our title will be won by the time we play Southport  ;)
Posted by: Caesar, March 22, 2015, 10:19am; Reply: 5
After feeling so down and frustrated last week that it took me 3 days to recover, great to defeat Eastliegh and pretty much assure us a place in the playoffs minimum.  

Wasn't able to go so have been trying to judge our performance on Just Back thread and sounds good, well done to the team and manager for bouncing back and while as a Town fan there will always be concerns it is nice that we are spriting towards the line this year as oppossed to our usual stumbling over it.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 3:27am