Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: W.T.F, March 21, 2015, 5:51pm
Has there ever been a dedicated man of the match thread after games?
Would be interesting to see other people's opinions in one place
Doubt many would say this but Craig clay for me today. Excellent work rate, commitment and looks to play the easy ball

Ref was a lot better than usual too I thought
Posted by: Hagrid, March 21, 2015, 5:55pm; Reply: 1
Disley for me
Posted by: the driver, March 21, 2015, 6:00pm; Reply: 2
Dis edged it for me but Clay did play very well
Posted by: bobbyturtle, March 21, 2015, 6:15pm; Reply: 3
Clay for me too
Posted by: ginnywings, March 21, 2015, 6:16pm; Reply: 4
Me and my bro were discussing how well Clay had played and i'd probably give him MOM.

Jolley still disappoints though. Looks short of confidence but to be fair, he got better as the game wore on.
Posted by: gtfc82, March 21, 2015, 6:24pm; Reply: 5
Lots of players played well today! I thought Arnold had a great game. He was involved in a lot of attacks and showed a great first touch!
Jolley continues to disappoint, although he is a wide forward, not a winger!
Posted by: W.T.F, March 21, 2015, 6:26pm; Reply: 6
I think jolly would be my un-man of the match! He tried though
Posted by: Perkins, March 21, 2015, 6:27pm; Reply: 7
Disley for me without a doubt.
Posted by: Mariners_15, March 21, 2015, 6:28pm; Reply: 8
Clay or Diz!!
Posted by: Mariner16, March 21, 2015, 6:33pm; Reply: 9
Craig Clay, followed by Toto
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 21, 2015, 6:33pm; Reply: 10
Can we have joint winners because it would be very difficult to choose between Clay or Disley.
Posted by: samg, March 21, 2015, 6:33pm; Reply: 11
Diz for me - just had that extra bit of quality and experience when he had possession of the ball - Magnay was excellent again though.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 21, 2015, 6:37pm; Reply: 12
It is always interesting to hear the views of different fans

Some say he is rubbish some say he had a great game,

When I say he, you can insert any name. ;D
Posted by: jimgtfc, March 21, 2015, 6:47pm; Reply: 13
Clay and Disley were superb.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 21, 2015, 8:09pm; Reply: 14
Overall I would go for the Ref.  Better than the usual dross that we get.

Also, many other C rap/weak refs would have sent Magnay off to equal the team numbers.  We need him so much for the run-in.  Clay could also have been booked for persistent fouls in the first half. I thought that he was going in the book for one tackle.

And he sent their manager to the stands. As well as sending Burton off.  
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, March 21, 2015, 8:14pm; Reply: 15
Clay for me thought he had good game.
Posted by: A.l.f., March 21, 2015, 8:27pm; Reply: 16
Thought it was between Dis and Palmer as both showed great workrate.  Thought Clay was too deep far too often in the 2nd half.  Good performance overall and a very important 3 points. UTM :)
Posted by: Abdul19, March 21, 2015, 8:30pm; Reply: 17
Big OP
Posted by: crusty ole pie, March 21, 2015, 10:30pm; Reply: 18
Dis for me
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 21, 2015, 10:56pm; Reply: 19
I said Clay to my mate today as well. Diz a very close 2nd.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 22, 2015, 12:47am; Reply: 20
Maggers, awesome in the first half. Had a couple of pints at half time so not so sure in the second as it topped me up. Hehe.
Posted by: carrot top, March 22, 2015, 8:19am; Reply: 21
Disley for me. Calm on the ball and makes some great runs. As a mention thought Palmer ran his socks off
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 22, 2015, 11:31am; Reply: 22
Palmer for me, a goal and an assist coupled with the fact he worked his socks off up front.
Posted by: DickBarton, March 23, 2015, 6:39am; Reply: 23
Paul Hurst
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 23, 2015, 11:55am; Reply: 24
Clay for me.  When he plays well, we play well.  Dictates the tempo for us.

Actually thought the ref blotted his performance in the last fifteen minutes when he let things get completely out of hand.  Thought up until that point he was having a decent game but let Eastleigh get away with too much before culminating in Burton walking.  
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 23, 2015, 1:21pm; Reply: 25
Our group weren't that impressed with Clay, thought the game passed him by which when you think Disley stood out may be why and he got a right slagging off from McKeown when one of their players skipped down our left passing three of our players with ease and McKeown had to pull off a match winning save.

Arnold for me is pretty annoying, one minute he can look a match winner then the next look like he can't be arsed, a great cross in the second half in the move when we scored but in the first half a great ball played down the right into acres of space yet he didn't really seem as if he wanted to go for it, I thought if he had put a spurt on he could gone for goal, but sauntered to the by-line and put in a woeful cross.

Jolley seems to be a bit the same and doesn't look like the player he was at Newport when they went up, neither at times look as if they really want to be here.

I agreed with the sponsors, Palmer man of the match, always seems to be in the right place at the right time and can put the ball away.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 23, 2015, 1:24pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from arryarryarry
Our group weren't that impressed with Clay, thought the game passed him by which when you think Disley stood out may be why.

Arnold for me is pretty annoying, one minute he can look a match winner then the next look like he can't be arsed, a great cross in the second half in the move when we scored but in the first half a great ball played down the right into acres of space yet he didn't really seem as if he wanted to really go for it, I thought if he had put a spurt on he could gone for goal, but sauntered to the by-line and put in a woeful cross.

Jolley seems to be a bit the same, neither at times look as if they really want to be here.

I agreed with the sponsors, Palmer man of the match, always seems to be in the right place at the right time and can put the ball away.

Yep, the sign of a good striker. Wonder where we would be if we had him or someone like him sooner?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 23, 2015, 1:56pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from arryarryarry
Our group weren't that impressed with Clay, thought the game passed him by which when you think Disley stood out may be why and he got a right slagging off from McKeown when one of their players skipped down our left passing three of our players with ease and McKeown had to pull off a match winning save.

Arnold for me is pretty annoying, one minute he can look a match winner then the next look like he can't be arsed, a great cross in the second half in the move when we scored but in the first half a great ball played down the right into acres of space yet he didn't really seem as if he wanted to go for it, I thought if he had put a spurt on he could gone for goal, but sauntered to the by-line and put in a woeful cross.

Jolley seems to be a bit the same and doesn't look like the player he was at Newport when they went up, neither at times look as if they really want to be here.

I'd go with that one...although to be fair no one player was outstanding. They all played ok imho

One thing I noticed close to the end of the game - seemed like Jolley was taking some stick from people leaving early (Imp Corner area)

I know he looked a bit lost at times and didn't set things alight but come on, he was clearly trying hard all afternoon although it didn't come off too well.  

Whoever it was giving it large - we won so why not just support the players..don't knock them!!  :-/
Posted by: ackomariner, March 23, 2015, 2:20pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from ginnywings

Yep, the sign of a good striker. Wonder where we would be if we had him or someone like him sooner?

Out of sight Ginny....that's where we'd be mate
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, March 23, 2015, 2:38pm; Reply: 29
It's a pity we can't all chip in and buy a really nice Trophy - "The Fishy Independent - Player of the Year" or something else? When it's the end of the season player evening.

Have a vote through the Fishy and whoever wins gets the Trophy on the night.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 3:35pm