Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Richard Cranium, March 16, 2015, 8:34pm
30 of us so far
Posted by: livosnose, March 16, 2015, 9:13pm; Reply: 1
I'm off with a Dundee United fan  :) :) :) :)
Posted by: Caesar, March 16, 2015, 9:34pm; Reply: 2
My brother is coming down for this one, hope we can completely fill up the place.  

It's the worst ground in the confence that I have been too so an experience to go to! Hope we can get lots of us there
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 16, 2015, 11:18pm; Reply: 3
You didn't go to Hayes then Caesar!

Typically Welling clashes with something I can't avoid. But there might be a couple of Wombles attending.
Posted by: alvinghammariner, March 16, 2015, 11:34pm; Reply: 4
Should be!
Posted by: BIGChris, March 17, 2015, 6:40am; Reply: 5
The game will be segregated with Town having the East side (cricket club side)of the ground.

I will be there +1
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 17, 2015, 7:19am; Reply: 6
Missing this one as I'll be in the Scottish Highlands.
Posted by: Caesar, March 17, 2015, 8:53am; Reply: 7
Quoted from KingstonMariner
You didn't go to Hayes then Caesar!

Typically Welling clashes with something I can't avoid. But there might be a couple of Wombles attending.

No I never made it there but have been referred to it a couple of times now so must have been bad.  What made me laugh most at Welling last time was the excited announcement that they had opened a second tea van!
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 17, 2015, 10:58am; Reply: 8
I will be there with my two granddaughters better halves,

Miss Mariner got something on  so can not make it ( part timer )  :)
Posted by: heppy88, March 17, 2015, 9:04pm; Reply: 9
Hi first post on this forum but wanted to say me and the missus will be at Welling. Is there a theme for the welling game?
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, March 17, 2015, 9:58pm; Reply: 10
Really disappointed to be missing this one as it's my closest game and Welling is a real non-league ground experience:  touching distance of the pitch with the nets pinned up to the advertising boards, a friendly supporters' lounge, crumbling concrete terracing, a lovely sarf Landan Seafood Van selling whelks, mussels and winkles.

If anyone fancies coming down and making a weekend of it, or dropping the non-footy-loving members of the family off, I'd recommend leaving them at the Westfield Mall at Stratford.  They can look at that and take a walk round the Olympic Park or go off into central London, while you can take the short tube and bus ride to Welling for the game.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 18, 2015, 11:29am; Reply: 11
Quoted from heppy88
Hi first post on this forum but wanted to say me and the missus will be at Welling. Is there a theme for the welling game?

Welcome to the Fishy,

I suggested Wings at Welling, its their nickname so maybe they will buy them off us after the game  ;D

BUT

No decision has been made yet, someone said Wellies,

Keep looking it will be posted on here soon.
Posted by: WappingMariner, March 18, 2015, 3:37pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Really disappointed to be missing this one as it's my closest game and Welling is a real non-league ground experience:  touching distance of the pitch with the nets pinned up to the advertising boards, a friendly supporters' lounge, crumbling concrete terracing, a lovely sarf Landan Seafood Van selling whelks, mussels and winkles.

If anyone fancies coming down and making a weekend of it, or dropping the non-footy-loving members of the family off, I'd recommend leaving them at the Westfield Mall at Stratford.  They can look at that and take a walk round the Olympic Park or go off into central London, while you can take the short tube and bus ride to Welling for the game.

That is of course if you want to lose those "non-footy-loving members of the family". I only go on a Friday. It's diabolical any other day.
Posted by: WappingMariner, March 18, 2015, 3:38pm; Reply: 13
I will be there with a few of the folk who are staying over in London after the England match at Wembley. A few pints in London Bridge before are in order.
Posted by: heppy88, March 18, 2015, 7:58pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from grimsby pete

Welcome to the Fishy,

I suggested Wings at Welling, its their nickname so maybe they will buy them off us after the game  ;D

BUT

No decision has been made yet, someone said Wellies,

Keep looking it will be posted on here soon.

Will wellies be such a good idea as they are not very visable? My wife had the idea of Wizards at welling. All you would need is a pointed hat and a bit of magic might come in handy :). the themes have really turned up the away atmosphere up a notch and I think even the away teams have appreciated the party atmosphere.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 18, 2015, 8:55pm; Reply: 15
Bristol Mariners (x2 for now) going..
Posted by: samg, March 18, 2015, 9:20pm; Reply: 16
We should all wear ear defenders (about a fiver to buy) and then all singing - can you hear Welling sing,I can't hear a f**king thing
Posted by: Mariner16, March 18, 2015, 11:38pm; Reply: 17
Yep
Posted by: mariner91, March 18, 2015, 11:48pm; Reply: 18
I'll be there, closest game to me.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 19, 2015, 10:53am; Reply: 19
Quoted from heppy88

Will wellies be such a good idea as they are not very visable? My wife had the idea of Wizards at welling. All you would need is a pointed hat and a bit of magic might come in handy :). the themes have really turned up the away atmosphere up a notch and I think even the away teams have appreciated the party atmosphere.

WIZARDS  AT  WELLING

I like that 8) 8)
Posted by: ska face, March 19, 2015, 11:15am; Reply: 20
Me +2 on train & meeting others in London on the way down.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 19, 2015, 11:39am; Reply: 21
Amoff
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 26, 2015, 4:13pm; Reply: 22
Not seen one! So.. me and my boy from Bristol with our new 'GTFC - Bristol Mariners' flag, meeting x1 from Bath and x1 from Chelmsford in London and x2 from Kent in pub near ground (one of whom went to El Classico on Sunday - warm up for Saturday).  UTM
Posted by: KK_DOG, March 26, 2015, 4:14pm; Reply: 23
Yep, looking forward to this one.
Posted by: ska face, March 26, 2015, 4:38pm; Reply: 24
2 out of Sheffield at half 7, one on at Nottingham, a handful more in London.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 26, 2015, 4:45pm; Reply: 25
Me and GollyGTFC.
Posted by: WappingMariner, March 26, 2015, 5:35pm; Reply: 26
Any chance of one of the admins merging this thread with the original?
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 26, 2015, 5:39pm; Reply: 27
Amoff
Posted by: livosnose, March 26, 2015, 6:17pm; Reply: 28
Im off and will be getting insanely drunk with a fat scottish guy
Posted by: mariner91, March 26, 2015, 9:26pm; Reply: 29
I'll be there.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 26, 2015, 10:32pm; Reply: 30
Still up in the Highlands of Scotland recovering from listening to the last 10 minutes commentary of the Dover game (good job that whisky is plentiful up here). Not back in Gy 'til Sunday.

Will be there at Alfy and Southport though.

UTM. GTID.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 26, 2015, 10:49pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from livosnose
Im off and will be getting insanely drunk with a fat scottish guy

Steve Evans?!!
Posted by: Richard Cranium, March 27, 2015, 12:04am; Reply: 32
Virtually fully booked coach
Posted by: GrimRob, March 27, 2015, 1:29pm; Reply: 33
Don't forget to have a look at the Car Sharing board if you want a lift or can offer a lift to this and other games

http://thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?b-cs/
Posted by: lobsterpot, March 27, 2015, 4:26pm; Reply: 34
Me tonight meeting another in Sheffield then another jumping on the choo choo at Notts then 3 more at London Bridge
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 27, 2015, 6:37pm; Reply: 35
Is there owt to do in Bexleyheath?
Posted by: easypeersy, March 27, 2015, 8:08pm; Reply: 36
I will be there and hoping for a big win to bolster our promotion push! :)
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, March 27, 2015, 8:47pm; Reply: 37
Me + 3
Posted by: codcheeky, March 27, 2015, 9:04pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Is there owt to do in Bexleyheath?

shag your women and drink your beer
Posted by: lukeo, March 28, 2015, 9:19am; Reply: 39
Quoted from GrimRob
Don't forget to have a look at the Car Sharing board if you want a lift or can offer a lift to this and other games

http://thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?b-cs/

Sadly i can't go, i have my little man until 1pm and it's a 4 hour journey, otherwise i'd have been in the car share forum trying to organise something. Safe journey one and all x
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 28, 2015, 1:47pm; Reply: 40
Any parking at the ground?
Posted by: easypeersy, March 28, 2015, 2:03pm; Reply: 41
The pub outside the ground is kicking! I predict 600 Town support at this one! Hoping Macclesfield can sneak a winner against Bristol Rovers!
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 4:12am