Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 13, 2015, 9:10am
Wang Jianlin, chair of China's largest property company,and China's richest man, is considering buying a football club in this country or Italy.  He considers GB the best place in the world to invest. He wants to make other investments.

In a BBC News article today (Fri), he is reported as saying that he has been approached by several English football clubs.  He said that he is looking for value. Nothing sorted yet.

Well, investing in GTFC would be "low-cost" and the potential "value" from the asset/stock rising should be very attractive.  Certainly compared to many other clubs. We have a long, interesting  history and traditions that reflect British values.  

Is it worth John making an approach?  We have nothing to lose. Maybe recent programmes about Grimsby might appeal as "special character, or a unique selling point"?  We can wish.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, March 13, 2015, 9:41am; Reply: 1
Leeds Utd are the best value club, huge potential a well run club would be in the top 4.

If not Villa might not be a bad bet.

Otherwise he'll probably want a London club
Posted by: moosey_club, March 13, 2015, 9:48am; Reply: 2
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Wang Jianlin, chair of China's largest property company,and China's richest man, is considering buying a football club in this country or Italy.  He considers GB the best place in the world to invest. He wants to make other investments.

In a BBC News article today (Fri), he is reported as saying that he has been approached by several English football clubs.  He said that he is looking for value. Nothing sorted yet.

Well, investing in GTFC would be "low-cost" and the potential "value" from the asset/stock rising should be very attractive.  Certainly compared to many other clubs. We have a long, interesting  history and traditions that reflect British values.  

Is it worth John making an approach?  We have nothing to lose. Maybe recent programmes about Grimsby might appeal as "special character, or a unique selling point"?  We can wish.

and we have several chinese take aways in the town demonstrating our acceptance of different cultures......plus we had the greatest ever Chinese footballer playing for us......whose child was born in GY..........its nailed on he will buy us.
Posted by: psgmariner, March 13, 2015, 9:51am; Reply: 3
Thought this thread was going to be about Zhang Enhua.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 13, 2015, 11:01am; Reply: 4
Quoted from psgmariner
Thought this thread was going to be about Zhang Enhua.

Fluff me, how did i miss that one? ......edit of previous response coming up..
Posted by: Caveman, March 13, 2015, 11:24am; Reply: 5
Glate Glimsby Town anyone ?
Posted by: psgmariner, March 13, 2015, 11:26am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Caveman
Glate Glimsby Town anyone ?

That's lacist.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 13, 2015, 12:45pm; Reply: 7
China Town!  ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 13, 2015, 1:13pm; Reply: 8
But will we have to change the colour of our shirts ?
Posted by: Jaws, March 13, 2015, 1:21pm; Reply: 9
Not a chance, not a big enough area. I'm all up for lying though and saying we have a potential local fanbase of 70 million.
Posted by: the driver, March 13, 2015, 3:17pm; Reply: 10
I feel a Grimsby Dragons debate on going
Posted by: AdamHaddock, March 13, 2015, 3:24pm; Reply: 11
At least the club shop staff will get a pay rice. They wok hard enough

Sorry  :-/
Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 13, 2015, 3:35pm; Reply: 12
Can't wait to see our new numbers 112, 137 and 154. (chef)
Posted by: thefish, March 13, 2015, 3:39pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Can't wait to see our new numbers 112, 137 and 154. (chef)

With 'Prawn Crackers', our Chinese import, on the wing!
Posted by: jock dock tower, March 13, 2015, 3:41pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from grimsby pete

No doubt it will be Ming ing!

Posted by: Grimal, March 13, 2015, 4:14pm; Reply: 15
我爱格里姆斯比城足球俱乐部并希望自己的

This is what we would like him to say..
Posted by: gary_elton, March 13, 2015, 5:01pm; Reply: 16
We already  have ( ahem ) one of the best " take away " supports....   :)
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 13, 2015, 7:03pm; Reply: 17
I got a chicken cow mien from one of the local Chinese restaurants and I didn't like it.  I took it back and told the chef that the chicken tasted rubbery, and he said with a big grin "fank you wery much".

[youtube]7DqvweTYTI0[/youtube]
Posted by: Garth, March 13, 2015, 7:08pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from grimsby pete

We could have a dragon on the shirt as apposed to Rankin who had it dragging on the floor ;)
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 13, 2015, 8:12pm; Reply: 19
But Wang Jianlin was brought up on the teachings of the revered Chinese, philosopher and political theorist Confucius, not sure what he would think when listening to Hurst and Fenty......... ;D
Posted by: wycombemariner, March 13, 2015, 9:36pm; Reply: 20
If he bought us and took us to the top of the championship and then said he was changing the shirt colour to red, would you be happy?
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 13, 2015, 10:32pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from wycombemariner
If he bought us and took us to the top of the championship and then said he was changing the shirt colour to red, would you be happy?

Not for many on here i should think because they have decades in front of them, but for me yes because i am in my fifties and i would love to see Town in the premiership now at any price.

Posted by: moosey_club, March 14, 2015, 2:21am; Reply: 22

depends on the quality of the hot chocolate...... ::)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 14, 2015, 7:53am; Reply: 23
Noooooooooo! Give him Leeds number.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, March 14, 2015, 8:04am; Reply: 24
Look how many lower league foreign investments have gone mammaries up Leeds,Leyton Orient, Salisbury to name a few. He is by no means perfect but would rather have Fenty who is a genuine fan.
Posted by: thefish, March 14, 2015, 8:26am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Look how many lower league foreign investments have gone mammaries up Leeds,Leyton Orient, Salisbury to name a few. He is by no means perfect but would rather have Fenty who is a genuine fan.

Not forgetting the Notts County Sven/Sol saga!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 14, 2015, 8:29am; Reply: 26
Supplies!!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 14, 2015, 8:30am; Reply: 27
Agree FtheS. Apart from the risk, if it was just about winning we'd all be supporting Man City, Mosul Babylonians or whoever is top dog at the moment.
Posted by: RexFannies, March 14, 2015, 8:41pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Supplies!!!

Made me jump

Posted by: Jaws, March 14, 2015, 8:54pm; Reply: 29

Shirt colour? I'd let him stick average speed cameras on peaks parkway, charge for brown bin collections and lose our money to an icelandic bank..
Posted by: BeijingMariner, March 15, 2015, 1:37am; Reply: 30
Quoted from psgmariner

That's lacist.

actually it is, yes. its racist because its a huge lazy stereotype. my daughter is Chinese so I actually take offence, but there you go, you will most likely make me out to be an easily offended pc type. I would rather be that than a third rate jeremy clarkson.

and i have actually put together a written plan/proposal for Chinese investors and presented it to a venture capital group here. it didnt work but it wasnt for the lack of trying.

that was all quite disappointing.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 7:20pm