Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 12, 2015, 11:34am
Man United

Real Madrid

or

Chelsea?

All 3 teams were very poor for different reasons.  Collectively, they have won the Champions League x number of times.  

After listening to the Chelsea game, there are less cynical standards of player behaviour in Non-League.  

On Five Live when Chelsea scored on about 81 mins, there was effectively 13 or 14 mins of play left.  All the commentary team agreed that this was game over.  Chelsea have won.  There was no reason or logic to reach this conclusion and say this.  PSG only had to score once to force ET - as they did.  PSG were the better team and more adventurous throughout.  Fortune favoured the brave. Chelsea were insipid - which does not bode well for the over-hyped Premiership.   Do we really care though at our level?
Posted by: LH, March 12, 2015, 11:56am; Reply: 1
Chelsea for me. Why do superior teams go away in the first leg to not try and kill the tie early on? The red card was a farce. Play acting and referee crowding are killing the game but nothing is being done about it.

Madrid were a close second but they had tried to kill the tie off in the first leg. They were worthy European champions last season but the ease of which they conceded the other night shows how poor defending has become in world football lately. The fact David Luiz made the FIFPro team also highlights this!

Man Utd continue to slide and I continue to laugh.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 12, 2015, 11:58am; Reply: 2
What LH said.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 12, 2015, 12:01pm; Reply: 3
I love it when these big teams come unstuck,

I love it !!!!!!!!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 12, 2015, 12:18pm; Reply: 4
You wouldn't believe Pete the amount of stick i take by supporting Town ( my team) by some of my work colleagues who supposedly support Man Utd ( some may I add have never even seen them live)  :-/

I love it when they also fail mate!
Posted by: ginnywings, March 12, 2015, 12:47pm; Reply: 5
Last nights game was an utter disgrace and has just about finished me from watching top flight football matches. Some of the behaviour of the players was cringeworthy. I didn't make it to the end, so missed all the goals.
Posted by: RichMariner, March 12, 2015, 1:12pm; Reply: 6
I don't normally watch the Champions League, but last night I did. Can I admit to being entertained? Not by the football, obviously. The game had a bit of needle - and it was probably why I (and most others) watched until the end.

I sort of enjoyed watching the Chelsea players act disgracefully because I couldn't wait for them to a) get knocked out and then b) get hammered by the pundits.

Maybe, just maybe, in a few years' time when we're discussing how top flight football has cleaned up its act to some degree, we'll look back at last night's match (and possibly Manu's defeat to Arsenal on Monday) as the turning point.

If you're going to dive and cheat, the referee will punish you.

If the referee misses it, the TV cameras and the journalists won't. You'll get hammered in the press.
Posted by: Caesar, March 12, 2015, 1:18pm; Reply: 7
I loved Acrington Stanleys tweet response to it.

Remember that new £5bn TV deal? Worth every penny...
#supportlocal #lowerdivision

Naturally they got loads of Premier league 'fans' respond to it but still made me laugh.

I think Man U are undoutedly the worst of the 'top' teams at the moment in terms of ability. However Chelsea last night were a great advert for lower league football in my opinion!  Such childish and ridiculous behaviour from their players was distasteful in the extreme.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 12, 2015, 1:22pm; Reply: 8
Chelsea have been doing for seasons, Drogba's infamous 90 mins of rolling around the floor against Barca for instance.
Posted by: RoboCod, March 12, 2015, 1:55pm; Reply: 9
Didn't see Chelsea but Man Utd must play the ugliest football relative to the teams cost and wages. Fellaini is just not easy on the eye and must be the holder of the most niggly fouls award.
Real were shaky and rely heavily on Ronaldo but I thought Schalke were superb.
Posted by: pizzzza, March 12, 2015, 3:22pm; Reply: 10
Chelsea the worst for me then Man U. Real Madrid were shite but at least they did enough to progress.
Posted by: Grimal, March 12, 2015, 6:02pm; Reply: 11
So called " top flight football " hasn't interested me for quite a while now, no lies I didn't even know Chelsea were playing last night. I don't subscribe to sky any more but I get BT sport free with my broadband deal, even then the only matches I bother watching on there are the ones that cover the games in our division but that's not very often.      UTM. Really looking forward to a great day out at Chester this Saturday.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 12, 2015, 6:32pm; Reply: 12
Some Man United fans applauded Welbeck.  He was always a trier and did not want to leave.  Ironically, he would fit in now with their mediocre players.

Other United fans booed him.

I don't really care about the prima donnas at Madrid.  Anyway, didn't they go 6 seasons without getting to the last 8 of the Champs League?

Like others, I do like to see United struggle after spending the Glaziers' millions.  History will show that Fergie left them in a mess and the directors took their eye off the ball, hoodwinked by his previous successes.

With no GB team in the last 8 (probably), it shows that money does not always buy success or quality.  Last night Bayern fans were chanting "stuff the Premiership, it is no financial model for us to adopt".  True.  

Posted by: ginnywings, March 12, 2015, 7:52pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Some Man United fans applauded Welbeck.  He was always a trier and did not want to leave.  Ironically, he would fit in now with their mediocre players.

Other United fans booed him.

I don't really care about the prima donnas at Madrid.  Anyway, didn't they go 6 seasons without getting to the last 8 of the Champs League?

Like others, I do like to see United struggle after spending the Glaziers' millions.  History will show that Fergie left them in a mess and the directors took their eye off the ball, hoodwinked by his previous successes.

With no GB team in the last 8 (probably), it shows that money does not always buy success or quality.  Last night Bayern fans were chanting "stuff the Premiership, it is no financial model for us to adopt".  True.  

Those Germans can really write a catchy tune can't they.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 12, 2015, 9:14pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings

Those Germans can really write a catchy tune can't they.

Another classic from the master of terrace hit writing  gtfc_david  if i am not mistaken  :P
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, March 13, 2015, 10:29pm; Reply: 15
I used to care but sadly haven't done for some time. It is more cabaret than football. I don't watch WWE wrestling either :-)
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:18pm