Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Corkyefes, March 10, 2015, 12:53pm
Sat at work having a discussion about the plight of Town, it got us thinking...

What is John Fenty actually doing to improve this club, in terms of gathering extra revenue, sponsorship even a buyer for the club?

- What local interest has he drummed up?
- Why are no successful local business men interested in being involved?
- Why are our attendances low, even though we sit fourth in the league and have a chance of promotion?
- Is it time to put an offer in for season ticket holders? Bite the bullet, reduce the costs in the hope of drumming up extra venue?
- Is Fenty wasting his time with this new stadium?
- Has he contacted suitable investors out of town?

Just wondering on all your thoughts and what would YOU do to get this club back to where they should be?
Posted by: BIGChris, March 10, 2015, 12:56pm; Reply: 1
Why don't you ask him as he is the only person who can answer you.

John@gtfc.co.uk
Posted by: Corkyefes, March 10, 2015, 1:01pm; Reply: 2
Thanks Chris,

I will do that indeed.

What is yourself and other peoples thoughts on what THEY would do though?
Posted by: Trawler, March 10, 2015, 1:04pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Corkyefes

What is John Fenty actually doing to improve this club, in terms of gathering extra revenue, sponsorship even a buyer for the club?

- Why are our attendances low, even though we sit fourth in the league and have a chance of promotion?
- I

Quite a lot if you read the local press. 5000 people have signed some survey or other.  Three local consultations on the new ground were well attended. Local interest is probably at a peak even if this is not reflected in increased gates.

How do you want them to be involved? Aside from writing a blank cheque.

It's something to do with standard of football served up at home? And a recent history of shattered hopes and disappointment. And low compared to what? What would you consider a healthy attendance in the fifth division?
Posted by: Trawler, March 10, 2015, 1:11pm; Reply: 4
- Is it time to put an offer in for season ticket holders? Bite the bullet, reduce the costs in the hope of drumming up extra venue?
A run at the Conference title will be the best way to get bums on seats, increase revenue.

Do you mean Peaks Parkway or a new stadium full stop?

Refer you to Big Chris's answer - not exactly something he would be publicising
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 10, 2015, 2:26pm; Reply: 5
I've been critical of JF in the past, but to be fair he can't do any more than he is doing right now. Let's all get behind the club, get us back into the football league and take it from there.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 10, 2015, 2:49pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from 75
I've been critical of JF in the past, but to be fair he can't do any more than he is doing right now. Let's all get behind the club, get us back into the football league and take it from there.

Exactly, I don't really see what the OP is hoping to achieve by posting this at this moment in time when all is going so well on the pitch.
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 10, 2015, 3:49pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from 75

I'll 2nd that BP Vicar, no further comments required.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 10, 2015, 4:27pm; Reply: 8
Much as I am not a fan of Mr Fenty, the only thing that will re-generate interest in the club and ultimately get us in a new stadium is success on the pitch. Four wins on the bounce (however they were achieved) is four steps in the right direction - let's get behind the team for now and see where the next three (hopefully only two) months take us.
Posted by: barralad, March 10, 2015, 5:56pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Corkyefes

Just wondering on all your thoughts and what would YOU do to get this club back to where they should be?

Haven't we just renewed our sponsorship with Youngs?-A major achievement for a team in the fifth tier. There are lots of "local businessmen" involved with the club-advertisers, match sponsors, match ball sponsors.
We've surely done the attendance thing to death on here lately-I suggest you re-read the copious threads on the subject.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, March 10, 2015, 6:01pm; Reply: 10
Well I doubt the OP was expecting his post to generate unanimous support of JF! Me neither, but it is nice to see, especially with the team doing well and a seemingly serious new stadium proposition.

UTM
Posted by: Grim up north, March 10, 2015, 9:55pm; Reply: 11
Call me naive but I honestly can't see anyone giving John Fenty grief.Ive met the guy twice but only briefly spoken ,once he was sorting chairs for a mates kids party the next scaling ladders in his suit to keep the game on as part of the main stand roof advertising had become unstable. The truth is he inherited a club crippled by the ITV fiasco and on a massive downward spiral and has continued to dig deep in his pockets to bring us success when no one else has stepped up to the plate and I doubt Abramovich is in the wings waiting . He supports the club to the tune so possibly around £30 000 a game ,the dearest season ticket ever bought as he foots a bigger wage bill than gates in the hope we gain promotion. I for one when we finally get promoted will be delighted as much for him as I will for the team .
Posted by: Garth, March 11, 2015, 8:50am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Grim up north
Call me naive but I honestly can't see anyone giving John Fenty grief.Ive met the guy twice but only briefly spoken ,once he was sorting chairs for a mates kids party the next scaling ladders in his suit to keep the game on as part of the main stand roof advertising had become unstable. The truth is he inherited a club crippled by the ITV fiasco and on a massive downward spiral and has continued to dig deep in his pockets to bring us success when no one else has stepped up to the plate and I doubt Abramovich is in the wings waiting . He supports the club to the tune so possibly around £30 000 a game ,the dearest season ticket ever bought as he foots a bigger wage bill than gates in the hope we gain promotion. I for one when we finally get promoted will be delighted as much for him as I will for the team .

Well said,  sure he`s got his critics but you can`t fault the guy for effort, I`d like to hope that I will be celebrating with him and a few thousand more at the end of the season
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 9:43am