Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 10, 2015, 12:10pm
A nice story in the papers today, even if it relates to Bristol Rovers.

A 100 year old female fan has been given her own corporate box at Bristol Rovers until the end of the season.  (As opposed to any other box she might get). She looks strong enough for a few more seasons.  

She has attended nearly every home game since 1954.  She said that supporting Rovers has kept her alive, along with strong coffee and corned beef sandwiches.  

Let us hope that she is still watching non-league football next season.  

I wonder who is our oldest fan?  My dad is nearly 91 but there must be older fans.  He started watching in the early 1930s, but struggles with mobility now to get to games from Mablethorpe.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 10, 2015, 12:25pm; Reply: 1
You are a true football fan Mrs Thorne ( respect )

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/11844738.100_year_old_football_fan_Kitty_gets_corporate_box_treat/
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 10, 2015, 12:36pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
A nice story in the papers today, even if it relates to Bristol Rovers.

A 100 year old female fan has been given her own corporate box at Bristol Rovers until the end of the season.  (As opposed to any other box she might get). She looks strong enough for a few more seasons.  

She has attended nearly every home game since 1954.  She said that supporting Rovers has kept her alive, along with strong coffee and corned beef sandwiches.  

Let us hope that she is still watching non-league football next season.  

I wonder who is our oldest fan?  My dad is nearly 91 but there must be older fans.  He started watching in the early 1930s, but struggles with mobility now to get to games from Mablethorpe.

The other week they showed an old boy at West Brom's game. He was either 105 or 106. I doubt there are many older than him still going to games.

She looks bloody good for 100 though.
Posted by: BIGChris, March 10, 2015, 12:59pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Les Brechin

STEADY Les!!!
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 10, 2015, 1:02pm; Reply: 4
[YOUTUBE]U0AwL1K7_vE[/YOUTUBE]
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, March 10, 2015, 1:35pm; Reply: 5
Les fancies a bit of a dabble.....
Posted by: lukeo, March 10, 2015, 2:11pm; Reply: 6
good on her regardless of who she supports.
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 10, 2015, 4:07pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin

The other week they showed an old boy at West Brom's game. He was either 105 or 106. I doubt there are many older than him still going to games.

You will have to team up with that other 'known' Town fan who is a fancier of the more, much more mature women   ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 10, 2015, 4:55pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Marinerz93

You will have to team up with that other 'known' Town fan who is a fancier of the more, much more mature women   ;)

I didn't realise Wayne Rooney was a Town fan.  ;)
Posted by: mariner83, March 10, 2015, 4:55pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin

Is Les Tony Hamilton in disguise?
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, March 10, 2015, 5:12pm; Reply: 10
this box...it wasn't 6 foot by 4 foot was it?
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:32am