Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 9, 2015, 9:07pm
Sounds like Lincoln's playing budget is going to suffer next season -

http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/imps-given-10-weeks-to-find-380000.html
Posted by: horsforthmariner, March 9, 2015, 9:08pm; Reply: 1
Hope if they do go bust - it's before the end of the season thus nullyfying every lincoln result
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), March 9, 2015, 9:22pm; Reply: 2
What I find strange is that they can afford overnight stays still which are funded by the club and can still offer there players contracts (which apparently are higher than there current deals).
Posted by: WetFlannel, March 9, 2015, 9:29pm; Reply: 3
Wish them all the best and hope they can sort it out.
Posted by: friskneymariner, March 9, 2015, 9:52pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from 1739
What I find strange is that they can afford overnight stays still which are funded by the club and can still offer there players contracts (which apparently are higher than there current deals).

They beat Barnet twice.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 9, 2015, 10:34pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from friskneymariner

They beat Barnet twice.

And us so even stevens with the Bees but what about Macc and Bristol?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 9, 2015, 10:51pm; Reply: 6
They'd owe a big wedge less if they'd given us a stand with more tickets every season they've been down here. Maybe 10% off that debt.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 9, 2015, 10:53pm; Reply: 7
Fck em...gloating b@st@rds when we got relegated.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, March 9, 2015, 11:07pm; Reply: 8
Don't like to see anyone go bust but how can they offer contract extensions with that debt hanging over them
Posted by: bradzmilne, March 9, 2015, 11:40pm; Reply: 9
I'd never want to see any team go bust, maybe excluding MK Franchise from that.
I'm not sure about anyone else but I see Lincoln more of a little brother than a rival, the sort of brother that you pass on your old clothes on to because their too small for you now.
For god sake, we sent them Peter Bore.
For that reason alone I'd never want to see them go out of business, good luck lads... You never know, you might just help us before the end of the year.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 10, 2015, 6:02am; Reply: 10
There's been issues at Lincoln for a while. As people have said though, they have been having overnight stays, offering out contracts and the likes yet have this hanging over them.

They some how think a concert on SN will save them and then they had that silly idea for a huge mural on the seats of the Coop stand which was never going to work. On top of that they're still talking about places to move a new ground to. Bonkers.

May be of they sold off some of the houses the club own or play zone and the astro turf etc to recoup the cash???
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, March 10, 2015, 11:57am; Reply: 11
Reason is they still own six properties in the City some of which are rented out to players & their value well exceeds their debt hence the lack of real panic. Think one of the houses alone will be worth getting on for £300K subject to its condition.

I understand all have been owned for years so assume all paid for
Posted by: RoboCod, March 10, 2015, 12:26pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Reason is they still own six properties in the City some of which are rented out to players & their value well exceeds their debt hence the lack of real panic. Think one of the houses alone will be worth getting on for £300K subject to its condition.

I understand all have been owned for years so assume all paid for

If there is any truth in this then perhaps this is why the Co Op bank have got so shirty with them ? It needs clarifying if so, enough Lincoln fans are closing their Co Op accounts (and hilariously boycotting the Co Op supermarkets) and there's some major fund raising going on to pay the debt.

Why are their fans, and fans of other clubs digging into their pockets to help if they have the assets, and who's keeping an eye on what money goes where. The fund-raised money can easily, somewhat indirectly, go towards new signings.

Posted by: wycombemariner, March 10, 2015, 3:36pm; Reply: 13
I doubt any lincoln fans can afford to shop at the co-op  ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 10, 2015, 3:59pm; Reply: 14
[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/25tz0ya.gif[/IMG]

But they have a mahoosive church, who ring the bells when those freaks go bust?

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/27y51le.gif[/IMG]

Feel for the 'odd' genuine fan but on the whole they wouldn't be missed and their poor support.

Just look back Gimps, if you'd given us that big stand we could have saved your skin, that's called cutting your nose off to spite your face, although looking at most Gimps I could understand the self mutilation part.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 3:32pm