Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BPMariner, March 8, 2015, 9:50pm
The commentator made me laugh any way http://wall.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/Event/Mariners_Wall/150840308
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 9, 2015, 10:36am; Reply: 1
Brilliant, players and fans coming together like this is fantastic.

Would love to see the players warm up with those wigs on for the home game against Eastleigh.  It would raise an eyebrow or two and for those fans who don't know about how the away fans are trying to help the players, it could help getting BP back to that partisan place we grew up with.

Great stuff from the players and our away fans really do us proud.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, March 9, 2015, 11:09am; Reply: 2
Pure quality, , , stuff like this makes me proud to be Town.

Keep it going lads and the lads on the pitch will do their bit.

UTMM
GTID
Posted by: BIGChris, March 9, 2015, 12:04pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Marinerz93
Brilliant, players and fans coming together like this is fantastic.

Great stuff from the players and our away fans really do us proud.

This is so true.

Some were sceptical about the 'themed' away days but they have helped . I am 100% certain of that.

The players have engaged with us and they too have bought into the fun.

JP Pitmann tweeted over the weekend that he was really enjoying his football for the first time for 3 years..

Enjoyment and winning go hand in hand and this has been an inspiration.

Needs to be definitive decision for Chester and also Welling/Alfreton

My personal view is Jesters for Chesters and Hi -viz for Alfreton. Not sure about Welling but i will be there for the weekend.

UTM

Posted by: ska face, March 9, 2015, 9:00pm; Reply: 4
Agree with BC again - I was one of those very sceptical about the whole "theme" thing but it clearly helped on Saturday and the players seemed to love it at the end, so happy to be proven wrong. Hi-vis at Alfreton would be great (& dirt cheap to do).

The telegraph can still suck balls though.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), March 9, 2015, 9:22pm; Reply: 5
High Vis at Alfreton would look great and sounds a really good idea and would get national attention. Cheap and easy to get hold off.  Lets get #HiVis@Alfreton tweeting and spread the word on all social media sites.

I haven't seen a lot about the theme day at Chester but I hope everyone gets on board with the jester hats.

Posted by: immariner, March 9, 2015, 10:11pm; Reply: 6
I'm guessing we're talking vests rather than full steward-style coats? The idea seemed to start off as a bit of a protest idea about stewarding at football matches in general and trying to imitate stewards which I wasn't sure was the right way to go. If it's just about being seen and making an impact I think it's a cracking idea and visually will look great.

Suits has to happen at some point though, right!?
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 9, 2015, 10:25pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from immariner
I'm guessing we're talking vests rather than full steward-style coats? The idea seemed to start off as a bit of a protest idea about stewarding at football matches in general and trying to imitate stewards which I wasn't sure was the right way to go. If it's just about being seen and making an impact I think it's a cracking idea and visually will look great.

Suits at Southport? Last away game.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, March 9, 2015, 10:35pm; Reply: 8
Suits@Southport!! Brilliant Les.

Hi-Vis@Alfie and bring an Inflatable!!!!
Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 9, 2015, 10:36pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from immariner

Probably for the court appearances after Alfreton away?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 9, 2015, 10:38pm; Reply: 10
Even if it doesn't have any effect on the players* it makes the day more enjoyable. Which is why we originally all got into this daft game.

* but clearly it did on the post match clips and pics on Saturday, even if it was just about unwinding after a good win
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 9, 2015, 10:49pm; Reply: 11
I know they get a bit of stick at times but well done to the club's video crew for filming it, they could just as easily stopped filming at the final whistle.
Posted by: Mariner16, March 9, 2015, 11:07pm; Reply: 12
Imagine one fan going on the pitch at Alfreton normally clothed, while a 1,000 stewards to join on  8)
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, March 9, 2015, 11:25pm; Reply: 13
Another video from Saturday

http://youtu.be/Te55-bfR_c0
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 9:54am