Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 8, 2015, 10:33am
Good headlines on our performance and win in the NLP today:

"Menacing Mariners move in".

"Solid Grimsby steal a march".

(I just love these NLP headlines after a good win).

"................but in truth the slender scoreline didn't truly reflect Grimsby's superiority".

"Roared on by 500 travelling fans,(what happened to the other 9?) the Mariners cruised to a 10th away win".

Delighted Hurst said that "This was an excellent away performance.  It would have been a travesty had we not got all 3 points.  I am especially delighted for our wonderful fans who, for the second time in 2 weeks have come south in force. They were fantastic and it gives the players such a boost to run out and see so many of them cheering us on".

Pittman made team of the week.

The NLP also had a large picture of Scott Neilson with some bizarre story about a granny wanting him to play golf with young ladies for charity.  No wonder he took his eye off the ball at Grimsby.
Posted by: oldun, March 8, 2015, 11:08am; Reply: 1
Quite right too
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 8, 2015, 11:57am; Reply: 2
Well said Paul Hurst for acknowledging the fans . We do make a difference the players have said this on numerous occasions it gives them a great lift to see so many fans.

WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS GET BLUNDELL PARK ROCKING LIKE IT USE TO.  
Posted by: jaymariner, March 8, 2015, 12:23pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS GET BLUNDELL PARK ROCKING LIKE IT USE TO.  

Whatever happened to 'we will rock you' and 'boys are back in town' being played before a game to get the crowd going? Or am I imagining that this ever happened?(I was very young at the time lol)
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, March 8, 2015, 12:33pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from jaymariner

Whatever happened to 'we will rock you' and 'boys are back in town' being played before a game to get the crowd going? Or am I imagining that this ever happened?(I was very young at the time lol)

Yep that happened.  I remember we had a group of dancing girls for a couple of seasons doing cheerleader routines before the game.  Although that could easily be a dream I've recalled.  Also vaguely remember a parachute display team landing on the pitch before a game sometime in the 90's.  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 8, 2015, 5:31pm; Reply: 5
Give everyone a free double short on the way into the ground. That'll loosen up some inhibitions and vocal chords.  ;)
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 12:47pm