Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: JMT, March 8, 2015, 3:10am
Honestly I am one of Lenny's biggest fans, but don't want him brought straight back into the side front two against Woking have warranted another place in the starting line up against Chester, if one of those makes room straight away for LJL I for one will not be happy.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, March 8, 2015, 4:08am; Reply: 1
Is he fully fit then? Just wondering why he didn't travel. Or as it due to the birth of his daughter.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, March 8, 2015, 4:37am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Is he fully fit then? Just wondering why he didn't travel. Or as it due to the birth of his daughter.

Hurst said on the radio after the game, because of the birth.  How long do blokes get off, about two weeks aint it?
Posted by: oldun, March 8, 2015, 7:17am; Reply: 3
Depends on Palmer's fitness, which does not sound encouraging. So we may well need our Lenny back
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 8, 2015, 9:42am; Reply: 4
Same, LJL had s really good season but looked like he could do with a rest against Braintree I thought, hope Palmer is fit enough and let him and JP get a run of games too ready for the run in. Think hurst has played it quite clever really with the players out on loan to get some match fitness and hopefully there'll be competition for places and no position We can't adequetely fill for the games in April
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 8, 2015, 9:50am; Reply: 5
This is a true test of Hurst now for me. Two strikers come in, both score and work well together. They've earnt a start now, LJL hasn't done enough to earn the right to walk straight back in the side. Hopefully Hurst swallows a bit of pride and doesn't alienate the rest if the squad by letting him waltz back in. If LJL realises he's not a guarenteed starter, we may see him come back better when he does come back.
Posted by: Maringer, March 8, 2015, 10:00am; Reply: 6
Bear in mind that LJL has been first name on the sheet in recent weeks because he's been the only 'targetman' striker we had available who was fit. The bizarre theory that Hurst won't drop him for any reason just doesn't hold any water.

If Palmer and Pittman are both fully fit next week then I expect they will both start. Let's hope Palmer is OK as the comments after the game didn't sound too good and he has certainly made the difference more often than not when he has played.
Posted by: BIGChris, March 8, 2015, 10:01am; Reply: 7
If the comments about Ollie's fitness are true then we will need LJL fit and available.

We could have done with him on the bench yesterday as Palmer was shot after an hour
Posted by: wycombemariner, March 8, 2015, 10:07am; Reply: 8
If he is on paternity leave then he's got two more games to miss before he comes back
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, March 8, 2015, 10:08am; Reply: 9
Quoted from BIGChris
If the comments about Ollie's fitness are true then we will need LJL fit and available.

We could have done with him on the bench yesterday as Palmer was shot after an hour

Is it his hamstring again BC?
Posted by: forza ivano, March 8, 2015, 10:34am; Reply: 10
Unfortunately we aren't going to be able to rely on Pittman and Palmer for this run in.both are very injury prone and it was no surprise at all to see both being subbed at the earliest possible opportunity. At least with shop Hannah jolly n arnold we have quality options
Posted by: ackomariner, March 8, 2015, 10:47am; Reply: 11
Quoted from forza ivano
Unfortunately we aren't going to be able to rely on Pittman and Palmer for this run in.both are very injury prone and it was no surprise at all to see both being subbed at the earliest possible opportunity. At least with shop Hannah jolly n arnold we have quality options

Whs.....sad but true
Posted by: SamTheMariner, March 8, 2015, 11:52am; Reply: 12
Only concern would be if Lenny is still unavailable and Palmer is injured, we'll have to play Hannah or Jolley and I expect Chester will be a physical battle.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, March 8, 2015, 2:28pm; Reply: 13
I think LJL will be available next Sat. Wouldn't have thought many players took a standard 2 weeks of paternity leave.
Posted by: LH, March 8, 2015, 2:30pm; Reply: 14
He can take his leave up to six months after the birth anyway can't he? I'm sure some will argue he's been taking his leave throughout the pregnancy.
Posted by: devs, March 8, 2015, 3:04pm; Reply: 15
Big fan of LJL for his commitment, hold up play and never say die spirit...but, we need a bit of 'magic' for the last few games and I think JPP and Palmer could be the way to go as thye BOTH have goals in them and can score both the bread and butter stuff plus make goals for themselves.
It's time to take a little punt and be brave... Hurst is doing this with Clay; he admits Brown is a 'fantastic' player (his words not mine) so it's good that PH is going on what he sees, which is Disley/Clay combo working well
Mackreth is underrated IMO - gives the team a lot of options and when push comes to shove he can deliver a good ball. Arnold has a touch of class but is erratic - as long as he works hard we have to put up with the mistakes and wait for the killer pass (which will come) and the odd 'wonder' goal.
Time to be brave Paul...nothing to lose so just go for goals and attack

By the way...don;t rule FGR out. They are full of goals and scoring for fun at the minute; top three will all have scary/nervy moments from here on in and they will be ready to pounce.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 1:36pm