Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 7, 2015, 5:09pm
One game at a time and all that but we've now got a fantastic opportunity to do this. We are good enough, now we need to be bold enough. UTM
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 7, 2015, 5:20pm; Reply: 1
Dead right mate! We can do this, the team should be full of confidence now with 4 straight wins, It also puts immense pressure on Barnet and Rovers, we are sitting pretty in the table and should fear nobody.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 7, 2015, 5:22pm; Reply: 2
As the Monkeys used to say,

I AM A BELIEVER !!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, March 7, 2015, 5:25pm; Reply: 3
Maybe just maybe... I bet Johnny is wondering too! lol

[img]http://i.imgur.com/q7EPPd3.png[/img]
Posted by: MrsMariner, March 7, 2015, 5:29pm; Reply: 4
Believe it or not we have 3 strikers bang in form the scoring records show LJL is scoring 1 every 2 games as is Ollie and JP 1 every 3 games if those 3 can go into the remaining games with confidence high we can do this
UTM
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 7, 2015, 5:33pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Maybe just maybe... I bet Johnny is wondering too! lol

[img]http://i.imgur.com/q7EPPd3.png[/img]

He's safe as long as the paternity leave lasts anyway. ;)

And today shows how useful it is to have a striker who picks up the pieces in the box.

The results really went our way today. Another day like this would see us right up there but it is still asking a lot. Confidence is going to be the key to consistency and a Mansfield type run in.

I don't care how we play if we can keep getting results and wouldn't it be fantastic to do it without the play-offs? That should be our aim now.

Posted by: ackomariner, March 7, 2015, 6:03pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from MrsMariner
Believe it or not we have 3 strikers bang in form the scoring records show LJL is scoring 1 every 2 games as is Ollie and JP 1 every 3 games if those 3 can go into the remaining games with confidence high we can do this
UTM

Not having a go but LJL every two games......wrong there somewhere
Posted by: Maringer, March 7, 2015, 6:14pm; Reply: 7
No, LJL is not quite 1 in every 2 appearances, but the stats on the OS indicate 15 in 34 which isn't too far off. Not sure if they are up to date or not, however?

Palmer is actually a bit better than 1 in 2, I think. Isn't that 3 goals in 5 appearances?

Pittman has about 1 in 2 for games started which isn't bad.

Let's hope all 3 are fit and available for selection until the end of the season and we may well have a chance. Slightly concerned about Palmer from what Hurst said in the post-match interview. Hopefully, he was just being overcautious about seeing if Palmer was going to have any reaction to today's game.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 7, 2015, 6:19pm; Reply: 8
If only..........

3 points v brizzle
3 points v macc
3 points v. Fgr

Only, if only
Posted by: acko338, March 7, 2015, 6:24pm; Reply: 9
More like 6 lost points vs Lincoln - 6 more points and we would have been top tonight!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 7, 2015, 6:24pm; Reply: 10
Superb set of results today well done town.  

Trying to stay calm but if we can get a result at Chester anything is possible the easter period looks very exciting, positions can and do change so quickly. Eastliegh are storming through as well.

All roads lead to Chester now UTM GO LADS. ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: chicaneuk, March 7, 2015, 7:17pm; Reply: 11
Starting to feel cautiously optimistic here.. the lads have ground out some good results in the last few games and with such a small gap now to the top of the table, we have to believe it's possible.

UTM!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 7, 2015, 7:28pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from grimsby pete
As the Monkeys used to say,

I AM A BELIEVER !!!!!!!!!!!

So do you believe in fairy tales then Pete?  8)
Posted by: chaos33, March 7, 2015, 7:37pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Maringer
No, LJL is not quite 1 in every 2 appearances, but the stats on the OS indicate 15 in 34 which isn't too far off. Not sure if they are up to date or not, however?

Palmer is actually a bit better than 1 in 2, I think. Isn't that 3 goals in 5 appearances?

Pittman has about 1 in 2 for games started which isn't bad.

Let's hope all 3 are fit and available for selection until the end of the season and we may well have a chance. Slightly concerned about Palmer from what Hurst said in the post-match interview. Hopefully, he was just being overcautious about seeing if Palmer was going to have any reaction to today's game.

Definitely a concern. Palmer said, after the game, that he "played on one leg today". He also said that the "lads carried me" and that he was "very sore".  :-/
Posted by: MrsMariner, March 7, 2015, 8:14pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ackomariner

Not having a go but LJL every two games......wrong there somewhere

Apologies I made the mistake of trusting wikipedia  but it appears that although it was correct for Ollie the 13 goals in 26 games for LJL is only correct up to the end of Jan and since he played in all the Feb games and failed to score he now stands at 13 in 31
Posted by: ackomariner, March 7, 2015, 9:24pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from MrsMariner

Apologies I made the mistake of trusting wikipedia  but it appears that although it was correct for Ollie the 13 goals in 26 games for LJL is only correct up to the end of Jan and since he played in all the Feb games and failed to score he now stands at 13 in 31

No need to apologize Mrs mariner  :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 7, 2015, 9:39pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from cmackenzie4

So do you believe in fairy tales then Pete?  8)

Fairy tales do come true sometimes. 8)
Posted by: gary_elton, March 7, 2015, 10:02pm; Reply: 17
My next game will be Alfreton...  who's up for getting in free again ?? ha ha ha
Hopefully we can keep this run going and it will be interesting to see how many
townies make the trip.... another Barnet ???  That'd be great !!!
Posted by: chaos33, March 7, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 18
There'll be loads at Alfreton - more than 1000 I'd say. It's relatively close to us in relation to the majority of conference clubs.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, March 7, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 19
I think the Alfreton away game is going to be something special , , Town fans in full voice and bouncing like mad in Hi-Vis/Fancy Dress and Inflatables?? It sure is going to be an away day not to be missed and of course on the pitch goals galore, , with Town bagging 5
Posted by: Rick12, March 7, 2015, 11:33pm; Reply: 20
Looking at the table its a lot closer than I anticipated prior to the 3pm kickoffs.Still think its a long shot but all  I can say is take each game as it comes and play to the best of their ability's till the end of the season.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, March 8, 2015, 12:48am; Reply: 21
If you look at our run in we've got a lot of teams who have absolutely nothing to play for now, only Eastleigh and perhaps Alfreton (although they may well be safe by Easter weekend).

I think we are now genuine contenders. I think it'll boil down to us or brizzle. Barnet are clearly falling apart and Macc have the hardest run in. Brizzle are favourites but I can see us doing it.

I like the options we have going forward now and unlike earlier in the season we seem to be getting the rub of the green. I also think we are really benefiting from losing in the tinpot trophy.

UTM
Posted by: Rick12, March 8, 2015, 8:39am; Reply: 22
Quoted from grimsby pete

Fairy tales do come true sometimes. 8)
In football they sometimes do.Ones that stand out for me are Liverpools comeback in the champions league final  against AC Milan and Spains remarkable historic treble.I have some Spanish friends and never thought they would win a world cup yet alone win three tournaments on the bounce considering in the past they were bottlers.Other memorable mentions in recent time incude Wigans survival in the prem around 2 -3 seasons back and Tony Pulis Crystal Palace team who managed to survive last season against the odds
Posted by: Caesar, March 8, 2015, 8:48am; Reply: 23
This is true, after Brizzle at home I was devestated as I had got my hopes up and they had been dashed, I promised myself I would only focus on playoffs as don't want to get my hopes up but after Barnet I couldn't help looking upwards, 3 more wins and the top 2 slipping up how can I not get excited.  We definately can do this thing! And if it doesn't come off hopefully we will at least be going into the playoffs in form unlike last 2 years when we limped over the line!
Posted by: Spiritater, March 8, 2015, 9:05am; Reply: 24
As an outsider I did say a couple of months ago that it is achievable to win it. I hope you lot do win it, you've had your time down there same as we did and you now will forever know and appreciate what it takes to get back to the FL. GOOD LUCK, and more than ever you need to back your boys with a heavy footfall through the turnstiles and help see them back to the Promised land.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 8, 2015, 9:39am; Reply: 25
Personally think we need to now be unbeaten til season end and only drop two points if we are to win the title. That's a big ask, but not impossible. I'll only start getting excited when we hit the top. Next week is as much of a banana skin as yesterday. Many coming games fall into this category, the players need to see it like this and maybe, just maybe we'll get there.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 12:50pm