Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 2, 2015, 5:46pm
Innocent until proven guilty of course but in the light of the Ched Evans saga, wonder how the media will deal with this case

http://purelyfootball.com/2015/03/english-footballer-arrested-on-suspicion-of-having-sex-with-a-14-year-old?utm_source=Kd49ZXPwkB&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=pf
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 2, 2015, 6:07pm; Reply: 1
Its Adam Johnson of Sunderland according  to the BBC.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 2, 2015, 6:26pm; Reply: 2
Yup.

[url]http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/england-and-ex-leeds-footballer-adam-johnson-arrested-on-suspicion-of-sex-with-girl-15-1-7134568[/url]
Posted by: Tinymariner, March 2, 2015, 7:03pm; Reply: 3
It's disgraceful how names can be released before proven guilty. Regardless of the outcome he will live with that accusation for life, this could ruin his reputation and possibly his life. Innocent until proven guilty my bottom!
Posted by: Abdul19, March 2, 2015, 7:05pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Tinymariner
It's disgraceful how names can be released before proven guilty. Regardless of the outcome he will live with that accusation for life, this could ruin his reputation and possibly his life. Innocent until proven guilty my bottom!

Agreed, he's not even been charged yet.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, March 3, 2015, 9:01am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Tinymariner

Spot on , just read a report that said 4 police vehicles turned up early morning to arrest him . Wow was they expecting an armed siege .(The  report also states they recovered a legally owned starting pistol). Where is the need for the police to add this gem ? If it's legally owned ,then why is that news ?
As you say, innocent or guilty his life just took a sudden downturn.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, March 3, 2015, 10:05am; Reply: 6
As long as the news is full of footballers and popstars getting hassled for stuff everyone can get themselves in to a fury about, the financial crimes of the city elite stay off the radar.
Posted by: wigworld, March 3, 2015, 10:44am; Reply: 7
Four police vehicles and that pistol? Obviously they were worried he might start something...
Posted by: supertown, March 3, 2015, 11:51am; Reply: 8
Quoted from highcliff mariner

Spot on , just read a report that said 4 police vehicles turned up early morning to arrest him . Wow was they expecting an armed siege .(The  report also states they recovered a legally owned starting pistol). Where is the need for the police to add this gem ? If it's legally owned ,then why is that news ?
As you say, innocent or guilty his life just took a sudden downturn.

well, i guess the 4 vehicles contained officers to search the 'mansion' they say he lives in, they have got to get there somehow and the starting pistol is a firearm by definition so it would be seized as a natural requirement of his arrest, but i do agree it is somewhat pointless to point it out. I also agree it is unfair to name him unless he has been charged. Who actually made this public, the club or the Police?
Posted by: oldun, March 3, 2015, 3:21pm; Reply: 9
The law must really be changed to protect people's identity at least until a formal charge is brought. The information must have come from the police about the arrest and they had no need to even say the person is a professional footballer.
Posted by: psgmariner, March 3, 2015, 3:24pm; Reply: 10
In this day and age it must be practically impossible to arrest and interview a celeb without everyone finding out. Hardly seems worth trying.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 9:30am