Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mariner16, February 28, 2015, 8:34pm
Me plus 4 on train
Posted by: ska face, February 28, 2015, 9:05pm; Reply: 1
Meeting three on the train at sheffield, one down the line at Derby (connections permitting) & a couple more in London.
Posted by: Mariner16, February 28, 2015, 9:16pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from ska face
Meeting three on the train at sheffield, one down the line at Derby (connections permitting) & a couple more in London.

Yeah, hopefully I might make the train at derby this time pal  :-/

Posted by: ska face, February 28, 2015, 9:23pm; Reply: 3
Think a slightly later start might help mate. Not many places open for Bucks Fizz before 7am.
Posted by: Tinymariner, February 28, 2015, 9:56pm; Reply: 4
Me plus 2, got one space remaining in my car.
Posted by: Green27, February 28, 2015, 10:34pm; Reply: 5
Myself. The other half (in the Woking end) and my little boy for his first ever Town game!
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 28, 2015, 10:34pm; Reply: 6
Me plus Big Chris plus a couple more (maybe)
Posted by: jerseymariner, February 28, 2015, 11:46pm; Reply: 7
Me. Although on my own as can't persuade the missus to come after sitting through today's game.
Posted by: BIGChris, February 28, 2015, 11:50pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Les Brechin
Me plus Big Chris plus a couple more (maybe)

Still 2 spaces available. PM if interested
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 1, 2015, 12:29am; Reply: 9
Quoted from jerseymariner
Me. Although on my own as can't persuade the missus to come after sitting through today's game.

I'm no ladies' man, but even I can see where you are going wrong:

(1) You can't persuade them. It's about making lurve it's not a debate.
(2) Watching football is not foreplay.*

* Though to be fair, Dave Gilbert's last minute winner at Luton in 1994 was a happy ending.  :P
Posted by: codcheeky, March 1, 2015, 9:25am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Green27
Myself. The other half (in the Woking end) and my little boy for his first ever Town game!

Which end is that?  Has been unsegregated there for the last few seasons and we have had fans in every stand
Posted by: Richard Cranium, March 1, 2015, 9:28am; Reply: 11
Coach fully booked. 51 of us
Posted by: bradzmilne, March 1, 2015, 9:34am; Reply: 12
Me + 2 more, first train out of town... Got tickets for an absolute bargin
Posted by: Caesar, March 1, 2015, 1:49pm; Reply: 13
Will attend with at least one other person.  Out of interest where are people likely to go if it is unsegregated?  THink I will go behind whichever goal are attacking, so one half in the nice stand, the other in an old dingy terrace but hopefully with a belting atmosphere.
Posted by: Mariner16, March 1, 2015, 2:20pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Caesar
Will attend with at least one other person.  Out of interest where are people likely to go if it is unsegregated?  THink I will go behind whichever goal are attacking, so one half in the nice stand, the other in an old dingy terrace but hopefully with a belting atmosphere.

It is segregated, and we are mostly in the uncovered side stand, with seating available behind the goal

Posted by: Les Brechin, March 1, 2015, 2:35pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from codcheeky

Which end is that?  Has been unsegregated there for the last few seasons and we have had fans in every stand

It's segregated on Saturday.

http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/4912/woking-v-grimsby-town-segregated/
Posted by: Caesar, March 1, 2015, 2:42pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Mariner16

It is segregated, and we are mostly in the uncovered side stand, with seating available behind the goal

Oh right, wasn't aware of that, cheers for letting me know, don't like the side too much really but hopefully can help get an atmosphere going.
Posted by: alvinghammariner, March 1, 2015, 3:20pm; Reply: 17
Yeah go on then
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 2, 2015, 1:41pm; Reply: 18
Don't forget to take your wigs . :)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 2, 2015, 5:26pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from grimsby pete
Don't forget to take your wigs . :)

Still got my 'Conlon' wig, will that be OK?

Posted by: WappingMariner, March 2, 2015, 8:39pm; Reply: 20
Oh yes. Booked the day off a while ago and will be bringing a Palace fan from work with me as well as the others arriving into London. London Bridge for beer and then to Woking.
Posted by: gtfc55, March 2, 2015, 9:02pm; Reply: 21
Half hour drive for me. Us exiles get everywhere. ;)
Posted by: BIGChris, March 3, 2015, 8:56am; Reply: 22
Quoted from BIGChris

Still 2 spaces available. PM if interested

Now just oine space remaining. PM me if interested
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 3, 2015, 7:23pm; Reply: 23
Do I need to get a wig? Who is going to and what wigs have you got?
Posted by: BIGChris, March 3, 2015, 7:51pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Do I need to get a wig? Who is going to and what wigs have you got?

Of course.

Can't wait to see Barralad in a syrup ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 3, 2015, 7:51pm; Reply: 25
Me plus 75% of the bewigged KM offspring. Probably a couple more too.
Posted by: sydney, March 3, 2015, 9:50pm; Reply: 26
Can't make Woking but hoped that if we take the lead or are winning as the final whistle beckons could the town faithful have a chant of " Worst Town team I've ever seen"
It's only that I dislike Gary Hill you understand
Good luck
Come on Town!!
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 4, 2015, 9:31am; Reply: 27
Me + 3.
Posted by: BIGChris, March 4, 2015, 10:27am; Reply: 28
Wigs at Woking

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-players-support-plans-wigs-Woking/story-26112662-detail/story.html?
Posted by: Kymariner12, March 4, 2015, 10:42am; Reply: 29
4 away games in month is certainly testing. Having to pick and choose, will be at Chester!
Posted by: northbankmariner, March 4, 2015, 10:46am; Reply: 30
Quoted from sydney
Can't make Woking but hoped that if we take the lead or are winning as the final whistle beckons could the town faithful have a chant of " Worst Town team I've ever seen"
It's only that I dislike Gary Hill you understand
Good luck
Come on Town!!

like the idea of the chant on this subject, would sounds good to the tune of sloop john b by the beach boys.
i wanna go home
I wanna go home
this is the worst team
that i've ever known

or something similar perhaps ?    ;)
Posted by: ska face, March 4, 2015, 10:54am; Reply: 31
Quoted from BIGChris

Urgh.

I think we can all agree that the club's away support doesn't need any "inspiration", certainly not in the form of some cheesey campaign backed by a newspaper that has spent years denigrating supporters and perpetuating vicious stereotypical views of football fans in order to increase sales.
Posted by: matts1985, March 4, 2015, 10:56am; Reply: 32
Exiled mariner on the train from Clapham Junction. Where we drinking in Woking? 🍺🍺🍺
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 4, 2015, 1:25pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from matts1985
Exiled mariner on the train from Clapham Junction. Where we drinking in Woking? 🍺🍺🍺

Bloody hell, you've set off in good time. It's only about 20 minutes on the fast train.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 5, 2015, 3:51pm; Reply: 34
Wigs obtained ! LOL
Posted by: Tinymariner, March 5, 2015, 6:31pm; Reply: 35
Still got a spare seat in my car for Saturday. PM me if interested
Posted by: BIGChris, March 5, 2015, 6:40pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Tinymariner
Still got a spare seat in my car for Saturday. PM me if interested

Likewise
Posted by: mariner91, March 5, 2015, 6:45pm; Reply: 37
Should make this!
Posted by: KK_DOG, March 5, 2015, 8:27pm; Reply: 38
Yep, I  will be there
Posted by: samg, March 5, 2015, 9:02pm; Reply: 39
Just watching the 70's number one and an idea for another away day - all donning the tartan flat cap singing 'we are sailing'
Posted by: Green27, March 5, 2015, 9:48pm; Reply: 40
Just wondering if anyone needs any advice or any questions answered with regards to Woking  that can be of any use.

Nearest cash machine at the station there's one in the main concourse football ground side and on the town centre side there is a Natwest on the left as you walk out.

No pubs within a ten minute walk of the ground.  Town centre has a Yates O'Neills and Weatherspoon's. The Sovereign (Embers Inn) is the closest to the ground.  

If you park in the Leisure Centre across the road, parking is free for the first 3 hours.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 5, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Green27
Just wondering if anyone needs any advice or any questions answered with regards to Woking  that can be of any use.

Nearest cash machine at the station there's one in the main concourse football ground side and on the town centre side there is a Natwest on the left as you walk out.

No pubs within a ten minute walk of the ground.  Town centre has a Yates O'Neills and Weatherspoon's. The Sovereign (Embers Inn) is the closest to the ground.  

If you park in the Leisure Centre across the road, parking is free for the first 3 hours.

The last time we went we parked in The Leisure Centre and went in the snooker club near the ground for a few beers before the game. Is the snooker club still there do you know?
Posted by: Green27, March 5, 2015, 10:04pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Les Brechin

The last time we went we parked in The Leisure Centre and went in the snooker club near the ground for a few beers before the game. Is the snooker club still there do you know?

Yeah that's still there bud. I've never been in but it's open.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 5, 2015, 10:12pm; Reply: 43
Last season there were "bouncers" in the car park turning people around who weren't using the leisure centre facilities.
Posted by: Green27, March 5, 2015, 10:17pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Last season there were "bouncers" in the car park turning people around who weren't using the leisure centre facilities.

You could say you're off to Pick and Mix. It's the soft play place in there they wouldn't expect you to know that  ;)

Posted by: jerseymariner, March 6, 2015, 12:33am; Reply: 45
Quoted from KingstonMariner

New parking arrangements and charges – Woking Park

Nick Shaw - 30th November 2014

As advised by Woking Borough Council:

Following a comprehensive review of parking facilities at Woking Park, new parking arrangements and charges will be introduced to create a better parking experience and encourage responsible parking.

From Monday 1 December 2014, car park users are advised that:
You can park up to three hours completely free!

If you wish to park longer than three hours, you will need to use the Pay & Display machine before you leave your car. You'll need to know your car registration number and hours required.

http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/4782/new-parking-arrangements-and-charges-woking-park/

Think I will just go for the leisure park reading this.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 6, 2015, 1:19am; Reply: 46
Quoted from Green27

You could say you're off to Pick and Mix. It's the soft play place in there they wouldn't expect you to know that  ;)

I could say that my son is a big lad for his age and just happens to like wearing black and white nylon tops and big wigs.  ;)
Posted by: GyMariner, March 6, 2015, 9:05am; Reply: 47
Silly question but is it all pay on the gate ? Don't get to many away games.
Posted by: BIGChris, March 6, 2015, 11:40am; Reply: 48
Quoted from BIGChris

Likewise

My car is now full. UTM
Posted by: Tinymariner, March 6, 2015, 12:42pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from BIGChris

My car is now full. UTM

Still one space in mine if anyone is stuck for a lift,
Posted by: forza ivano, March 7, 2015, 11:43am; Reply: 50
North bucks and mid bucks Mariners on their way
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 7, 2015, 1:36pm; Reply: 51
Pre match lunch at The New Inn, Send.  Just 2 1/2 miles from ground. Yum yum sausage egg and chips.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 7:09am