Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 28, 2015, 5:14pm
Hat trick for Dayle Southwell today.
Posted by: Garth, February 28, 2015, 5:51pm; Reply: 1
Apparently not good enough for Town though :o
Posted by: RichMariner, February 28, 2015, 5:54pm; Reply: 2
Have you seen Boston's home record just recently? Their last 6 results have been:

5-3
5-1
5-0
1-1
5-0
5-2
Posted by: Tinymariner, February 28, 2015, 5:55pm; Reply: 3
He's found his level, good on him.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 28, 2015, 6:01pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from RichMariner
Have you seen Boston's home record just recently? Their last 6 results have been:

5-3
5-1
5-0
1-1
5-0
5-2

Bet that didn't happen when Hurst was manager.
Posted by: jimgtfc, February 28, 2015, 6:11pm; Reply: 5
If he had a different name and wasn't an ex town player we'd all be clamouring for us to sign him, same as any player scoring goals at that level... ala Ricky Miller, Omar Bogle, Liam Hearn to name 3.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 28, 2015, 6:17pm; Reply: 6
Maybe that's why Hurst got rid of him.
Posted by: fivestarfish, February 28, 2015, 6:21pm; Reply: 7
Every dog has his day  :)
Posted by: fleabag1970, February 28, 2015, 6:45pm; Reply: 8
That is 20+ this season .................... Rough Diamond let go ....................New Stadium ? Just give me someone who can fire us out this league .
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, February 28, 2015, 6:47pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from fleabag1970
That is 20+ this season .................... Rough Diamond let go ....................New Stadium ? Just give me someone who can fire us out this league .

I'm pleased for the lad but the idea that Southwell would have fired us out of this league is a tad optimistic to say the least!
Posted by: Garth, February 28, 2015, 6:47pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from fivestarfish
Every dog has his day  :)

Meaning?
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 28, 2015, 6:50pm; Reply: 11
Might be worth signing him at the end of the season, he needed a clear run of games and wasn't ready without that experience, probably done him the world of good.
Posted by: ackomariner, February 28, 2015, 6:52pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Might be worth signing him at the end of the season, he needed a clear run of games and wasn't ready without that experience, probably done him the world of good.

Would you sign again under hurst to be sat on the bench......I wouldnt
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 28, 2015, 6:59pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from ackomariner

Would you sign again under hurst to be sat on the bench......I wouldnt

Hurst gave him 2 professional contracts and his first games in pro football. I would imagine he would come back to town full time if he got the offer.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 28, 2015, 7:04pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Hurst gave him 2 professional contracts and his first games in pro football. I would imagine he would come back to town full time if he got the offer.

Doubt that very much.  ;)
Posted by: Maringer, February 28, 2015, 7:08pm; Reply: 15
excrement game today, but a third consecutive victory which takes us up to third in the table. I'm quite pleased about this, to tell the truth.

Why some seem to be so interested in the form of players at a team in the division below, I'm not entirely sure. Seems odd to me.
Posted by: ackomariner, February 28, 2015, 7:15pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Maringer
excrement game today, but a third consecutive victory which takes us up to third in the table. I'm quite pleased about this, to tell the truth.

Why some seem to be so interested in the form of players at a team in the division below, I'm not entirely sure. Seems odd to me.

Can't really rave on about our own strikers can we......dreadful again today but still got 80 mins on the pitch.

Sure Hannah could do better than lewis atm, but won't get to chance to show it
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 28, 2015, 7:15pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from jimgtfc
If he had a different name and wasn't an ex town player we'd all be clamouring for us to sign him, same as any player scoring goals at that level... ala Ricky Miller, Omar Bogle, Liam Hearn to name 3.

You're not wrong mate. Definitely need to keep an eye on him, has he signed a new contract? I think he did. He'll be a different player now after being the star man at Boston, only a league below us all season. Whether he would want to come back to a club and a manager that didn't really give him a chance is debatable. But he looks a prospect now alright and I'm pleased for the lad.
Posted by: fleabag1970, February 28, 2015, 7:34pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I'm pleased for the lad but the idea that Southwell would have fired us out of this league is a tad optimistic to say the least!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Did I say that ????????????? NO ...................................... FFS does anyone  actually read the posts
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, February 28, 2015, 7:39pm; Reply: 19
Having watched Southwell he wasn't good enough at that time. if that changes at Boston then well done to him but he can only be judged at the time, there comes a point when a player just needs to move on and this was it. I'm sure he will return to the conference and will be a better player for his Boston experience.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 28, 2015, 9:35pm; Reply: 20
Wait till he's played a couple seasons see if he keeps up that sort of record, if h does I would have him back no problem, no point saying Hurst made a big mistake letting him go after a single season
Posted by: Maringer, February 28, 2015, 9:49pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from ackomariner

Can't really rave on about our own strikers can we......dreadful again today but still got 80 mins on the pitch.

Sure Hannah could do better than lewis atm, but won't get to chance to show it

Ah, you're back onto LJL again then.

He was very poor today, no doubt. Pittman was even worse, but there you go. Jolley didn't do any better than them when he came on either which is a bit disappointing as well.

I don't doubt Palmer would have been brought on for LJL at some point had he been properly fit, but it seems sensible to me to be careful when players are recovering from hamstring injuries. Hannah simply doesn't play the same role as LJL so would never be brought on as a like-for-like replacement. To tell the truth, the way that our wingers and forwards were playing today, I doubt that any of the subs could have made much of a difference. It was a really dire performance.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 28, 2015, 9:54pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Maringer

He was very poor today, no doubt. Pittman was even worse, but there you go. Jolley didn't do any better than them when he came on either which is a bit disappointing as well.

I don't doubt Palmer would have been brought on for LJL at some point had he been properly fit, but it seems sensible to me to be careful when players are recovering from hamstring injuries. Hannah simply doesn't play the same role as LJL so would never be brought on as a like-for-like replacement. To tell the truth, the way that our wingers and forwards were playing today, I doubt that any of the subs could have made much of a difference. It was a really dire performance.

He was average at Barnet and poor Tuesday and today. If we didn't have other options then ok, but we have and at most other clubs, a striker who hasn't scored from open play for 2 months would be dropped, no matter what he brings.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 28, 2015, 9:58pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

No, because Hurst wouldn't have picked him. Can't be doing with strikers bagging hatfuls of goals can we.
Posted by: ackomariner, February 28, 2015, 11:00pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Maringer

I just can't understand how he keeps his place however bad he is. You can't really moan about Pittman he's just coming back from an injury, jolleys not fit, but you've got other players sat on the bench itching for a game.

Just can't get my head round it. Hannah can have a bad ten mins then we don't see him for another six games, neilson the same when he was here, paddy the same..........
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, February 28, 2015, 11:20pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from fleabag1970

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Did I say that ????????????? NO ...................................... FFS does anyone  actually read the posts

Well, in a thread exclusively about Southwell you said: "That is 20+ this season .................... Rough Diamond let go ....................New Stadium ? Just give me someone who can fire us out this league ." You'll have to forgive me for assuming that your post was in some way connected to all the other posts in the thread.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 5:44pm