Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, February 26, 2015, 1:34pm
Winfarrah to join Scarborough and as posted elsewhere Hamish to Gainsborough. Both one month loans
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 26, 2015, 1:37pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from BIGChris
Winfarrah to join Scarborough and as posted elsewhere Hamish to Gainsborough. Both one month loans

Wish them both the best of luck,

Back in time for a play push or even a top spot.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 26, 2015, 1:44pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from BIGChris

both too good for them teams IMO, but will do them good, i like both players
Posted by: Maringer, February 26, 2015, 1:56pm; Reply: 3
Good to see youngsters getting some game time somewhere. Must be very difficult for them to gain experience now we no longer have a reserve team playing so regularly.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 26, 2015, 4:19pm; Reply: 4
Hamish to Gainsborough? Gives him one less reason to drop Lennie.
Posted by: pizzzza, February 26, 2015, 4:30pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Hamish to Gainsborough? Gives him one less reason to drop Lennie.

Brilliant! Let's turn a thread about Winfarrah going out on loan into yet another LJL/PH bashing thread (thumbup)
Posted by: Maringer, February 26, 2015, 4:36pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from pizzzza

Brilliant! Let's turn a thread about Winfarrah going out on loan into yet another LJL/PH bashing thread (thumbup)

Hurrah!

Must be said, I'm a little surprised that Winfarrah is dropping 3 divisions on loan. Hopefully the game time will help him despite the fact it is a pretty big drop from this level. Just one division below for Watson seems much better so it will be interesting to see how he does there.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 26, 2015, 4:56pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from pizzzza

Wahey!! Hook, line and sinker!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 26, 2015, 6:01pm; Reply: 8
Sorry but they are never going to play for the first team on any sort of regular basis if at all. The loans are good for them to keep in trim with 90 minutes play but I don't think the manager would be thinking either of them will be here next season. He isn't one to experiment is he?
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 26, 2015, 6:04pm; Reply: 9
Sorry but they are never going to play for the first team on any sort of regular basis if at all. The loans are good for them to keep in trim with 90 minutes play but I don't think the manager would be thinking either of them will be here next season. He isn't one to experiment is he?

If Hamish scores a few goals during the month,

He might not start for us but will get more playing time,

20 mins instead of 5 mins  ;)
Posted by: thevera, February 26, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from pizzzza

They can not help it anything remotely positive must be turned around. Positivity will not be allowed to breed on this board!
Posted by: fiveallive, February 26, 2015, 9:18pm; Reply: 11
I feel sorry for both Caine Winfarrah had a really good game against Nuneaton and hasn't been seen since very unfair, and Hamish Watson i can understand if Palmer wasn't injured we should of kept him, PH is obsessed with LJL its started damaging striker confidence most of the season Cook (last season) and now Hannah have had there confidence zapped by PH persistence to play LJL. IF Hannah and co played and was as greedy as LJL was the other night he would of mentioned it in the interview and dropped them.

Everyone around me was saying PH won't drop LJL, everyone can see it and if the fans know it then the forwards at the club know anything they do won't dislodge LJL as ther main forward, i would like to keep Jolley up front so that would mean LJL or Palmer when fit to play.
Posted by: RichMariner, February 26, 2015, 10:04pm; Reply: 12
I'm glad Winfarrah is going out on loan and doesn't mind dropping a few divisions. It shows the right attitude.

I remember watching a programme about how some young players at Premier League clubs refuse to go out on loan to lower league clubs. That attitude stinks. Players should want to play.

If they're not playing for their parent club, say Arsenal, and Dagenham come calling, go play for them. It's a game of football. It's experience.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 26, 2015, 11:05pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from grimsby pete

Wish them both the best of luck,

Back in time for a play push or even a top spot.

If so they will more than likely be watching it from the stand.

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 27, 2015, 1:54pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from grimsby pete

If Hamish scores a few goals during the month,

He might not start for us but will get more playing time,

20 mins instead of 5 mins  ;)

That'll be 5 minutes spread over about 3 games too Pete!
Posted by: paramariner, February 27, 2015, 2:35pm; Reply: 15
Good luck to the 2 lads but for gods sake, stop protecting Hurst, he hasn't given either of these two a chance at all and doesn't care in the least what peoples opinions are anyway. He's quoted in the E.T. today saying that Lennie is fine but "missed a few chances"!!, he aint kidding.
He's not at all concerned about him not scoring, I wonder which of our other strikers he would say that about???
Yes Shop  did miss chances, and all strikers do, but I'm afraid he had a terrible game overall, not just missed chances, he couldn't even hold the ball up. I really like "Shop" but nobody should be "bullet proof"
In MHO that was the worst game I've seen him have in a Town shirt, big deal, he hit the bar, wow, it's still NOT between the sticks is it!?
Again in MHO (if I'm allowed that luxury),he should have been taken off .
Posted by: Sussexmariner, February 27, 2015, 3:20pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from paramariner
Good luck to the 2 lads but for gods sake, stop protecting Hurst, he hasn't given either of these two a chance at all and doesn't care in the least what peoples opinions are anyway. He's quoted in the E.T. today saying that Lennie is fine but "missed a few chances"!!, he aint kidding.
He's not at all concerned about him not scoring, I wonder which of our other strikers he would say that about???
Yes Shop  did miss chances, and all strikers do, but I'm afraid he had a terrible game overall, not just missed chances, he couldn't even hold the ball up. I really like "Shop" but nobody should be "bullet proof"
In MHO that was the worst game I've seen him have in a Town shirt, big deal, he hit the bar, wow, it's still NOT between the sticks is it!?
Again in MHO (if I'm allowed that luxury),he should have been taken off .

Agree

LJL had a poor game at Barnet in my opinion, their huge centre half had him in his pocket all game,  a part from the cross/ shot that the goalie fumbled LJL was very quite all game.

I'm a big fan of LJL, his work rate and commitment is second to none but Hurst is showing very poor management by picking him game after game regardless of his form. Hurst has never got the right strike force correct this season as he has never bothered to experiment and change. Until the right formula comes up its always LJL + another and that is why, in my opinion it's another play-off defeat this season
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 27, 2015, 3:31pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Sussexmariner

Agree

LJL had a poor game at Barnet in my opinion, their huge centre half had him in his pocket all game,  a part from the cross/ shot that the goalie fumbled LJL was very quite all game.

I'm a big fan of LJL, his work rate and commitment is second to none but Hurst is showing very poor management by picking him game after game regardless of his form. Hurst has never got the right strike force correct this season as he has never bothered to experiment and change. Until the right formula comes up its always LJL + another and that is why, in my opinion it's another play-off defeat this season

Hallelujah! Work rate on Tuesday was poor, lacking in confidence, poor first touch, same old, same old. A mate of mine is a Bury fan and their opinion was always that Lenny's second touch would always be a sliding tackle because his first touch was that bad.

Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:27am