Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 25, 2015, 2:35pm
Create the same sort of atmosphere at home games like we do at the away ones ?

Its does not take a brain surgeon to realise our great support at away games inspires the team to play better,

We should be singing from the off until the end of the game,

If anybody has any good idea's please say,

Then the team might just react and give us a few big wins before the season is over.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, February 25, 2015, 3:09pm; Reply: 1
Away games often standing so people who want to sing etc are near each other.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 25, 2015, 3:18pm; Reply: 2
Away days are so different to home games, , it's more of an event, a day out, , home games are viewed differently.

And how many of the 1000 from Barnet for example would have been at the game last night?? Yes the Gy based fans would of been and they would of travelled on sat but a lot of the away crowd are exiles. I don't know but totally agree that BP is rather flat apart from a couple of games a season.
Posted by: Garth, February 25, 2015, 3:46pm; Reply: 3
Siege mentality Pete, your in the enemies patch and need to shout loud to support the outnumbered, at home you should feel confident that a win is just around the corner so no one bothers too much.

Its not just at BP,the  Barnet crowd were library quiet on Saturday, for real atmosphere at the Park we need to be a league or two higher with at least three to five hundred away supporters to chant to
Posted by: Caesar, February 25, 2015, 3:47pm; Reply: 4
Got to agree away games are different, all fans are congregated in one stand or area as opposed to spread round further making it easier to get a song going.    Gateshead this season when we won 6-1 the atmosphere was flat as the fans were quite spread out.

However also I think Barnet was exceptional, I have been to many away games this season and not once have I had an atmosphere close to that.  If we want to recreate it the closest we can get is by individuals not to being embarrassed about singing like a maniac.
Posted by: ackomariner, February 25, 2015, 3:47pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Away days are so different to home games, , it's more of an event, a day out, , home games are viewed differently.

And how many of the 1000 from Barnet for example would have been at the game last night?? Yes the Gy based fans would of been and they would of travelled on sat but a lot of the away crowd are exiles. I don't know but totally agree that BP is rather flat apart from a couple of games a season.

The thing to get the fans going at BP is the football, nothing more.....nothing less.
It's boring on the pitch, so boring off it
Posted by: Caesar, February 25, 2015, 3:52pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from ackomariner

The thing to get the fans going at BP is the football, nothing more.....nothing less.
It's boring on the pitch, so boring off it

That is only partially true though Acko.  I mean the atmosphere at Barnet was amazing but the football was not the greatest we have played.  We were just up for making the atmosphere incredible regardless of performance.  
Posted by: The Singing Fisherman, February 25, 2015, 4:03pm; Reply: 7
To many negative people at blundell park expecting it to be shite before it is. They go with that attitude. If we all did what we do away and turn up and sing and be positive has fans I'm certain the home record would be a lot better. We do it away no matter how we are playing so why can't we at home. The atmosphere has been decent a few times this season from the start at blundell park and we have won and played well for example the Barnet game and the flags. So we can do it. Utm
Posted by: Chrisblor, February 25, 2015, 4:10pm; Reply: 8
Town fans drunk The Hive dry on Saturday (and presumably did a lot of drinking on trains, minibuses and pubs before even getting there) which I imagine somewhat contributed to last Saturday's atmosphere. I'd hazard a guess that most Town fans don't spend several hours drinking heavily in the run up to a Tuesday night game against Telford. Also Blundell Park is full of miserable old moaning girl privates (you can usually hear a couple of them sat near John Tondeur when he's commentating).

Oh yeah we barely ever get anything approaching a sizable away crowd at home so that doesn't really help matters either. The solution to this is getting promoted back into the league.
Posted by: psgmariner, February 25, 2015, 4:56pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Chrisblor
The solution to this is getting promoted back into the league.

And getting drunk.
Posted by: oldun, February 25, 2015, 5:03pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Chrisblor
Town fans drunk The Hive dry on Saturday (and presumably did a lot of drinking on trains, minibuses and pubs before even getting there) which I imagine somewhat contributed to last Saturday's atmosphere. I'd hazard a guess that most Town fans don't spend several hours drinking heavily in the run up to a Tuesday night game against Telford. Also Blundell Park is full of miserable old moaning girl privates (you can usually hear a couple of them sat near John Tondeur when he's commentating).

Oh yeah we barely ever get anything approaching a sizable away crowd at home so that doesn't really help matters either. The solution to this is getting promoted back into the league.

you are right there, one of then started moaning around 9 mins in and never stopped. He was on Lenny's back form start to finish, plus hurling instructions to PH. I know he pays his money and is entitled to his opinion, but I really do not know why he bothers going.

Posted by: grimsby pete, February 25, 2015, 5:57pm; Reply: 11
I got an idea, I put it on another thread,

Go to the Town bar and get tanked up watching Eastleigh and Macclesfield,

Then go and STAND in the Ponny and sing your hearts out,

That's the Braintree game sorted just the other 4 games now. :)
Posted by: moosey_club, February 25, 2015, 9:42pm; Reply: 12
Free bar....classic match video's on the tv.....a couple of strippers....and Roberts your fathers brother  8)
Posted by: GiveUsAG, February 25, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 13
The atmosphere will get better, not sure about the Telford game I wasn't there, but against Barnet and Bristol Rovers the fans in the pontoon were great and we're hoping to create the same kind of atmosphere or better on Saturday. We're encouraging as many as possible to come stand in the pontoon and get behind the team, and make as much noise as we can. It WILL be noisy on Saturday.  ;) 8)
Posted by: kevikov, February 25, 2015, 11:38pm; Reply: 14
I was in the ponny on tuesday, my "8 and its the conga" chant near the end didn't quite catch on as much as i thought it would!
Miserable feckers  ;D
Posted by: grimps, February 26, 2015, 4:37am; Reply: 15
The best atmosphere years ago while we was still getting smallish crowds was when the away fans was put in the corner next to the Pontoon.
Being right up against each other always made good fun during the game, to be fair most of the chants on those days was threats about never making the coaches , come in a taxi, gonna get your fuffing head kicked in , ect
I belive this is why the singing part of the Pontoon is still situated in the top corner today.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 26, 2015, 10:53am; Reply: 16
Quoted from GiveUsAG
The atmosphere will get better, not sure about the Telford game I wasn't there, but against Barnet and Bristol Rovers the fans in the pontoon were great and we're hoping to create the same kind of atmosphere or better on Saturday. We're encouraging as many as possible to come stand in the pontoon and get behind the team, and make as much noise as we can. It WILL be noisy on Saturday.  ;) 8)

Good lad Gary, sing loud and proud mate 8)
Posted by: RichMariner, February 26, 2015, 12:12pm; Reply: 17
There's a sense of expectation when people turn up at BP. There's no excuse for losing at home to anyone in this division, given our budget, league placing and (arguably) history.

Whether that's right or wrong is up for debate, but I suggest that's what the majority think. They pay £16 upwards and expect to be entertained.

Going back just a few years when we were in the Championship, it was different. It was more like the siege mentality that was mentioned at the start of this thread. We had hundreds, sometimes thousands, of opposition fans coming onto our patch, expecting to win, and we were there to ruin their day.

A defeat was more excusable back then, given the division, budgets and league placing etc. As long as the players put a shift in, and we competed for 90 minutes, fans went home happy. A victory was brilliant, but not always expected.

You won't get that now at BP. The atmosphere in the home match v Barnet was decent, with the flags etc, but I suspect that's as good as you're going to get unless a team brings about 800 fans with them to create a bit of hostility.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 7:21pm