Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, February 25, 2015, 12:48pm
I appreciate it is all about what we do but the main challengers have some tough looking games coming up;

Barnet

Barnet V Forest Green
Sat 7 Mar

Eastleigh V Barnet
Sat 14 Mar

Bristol R

Gateshead V Bristol Rovers
Sat 28 Feb

Bristol Rovers V Eastleigh
Sat 7 Mar

Halifax V Bristol Rovers
Sat 14 Mar

Macclesfield V Bristol Rovers
Sat 28 Mar

Macclesfield

Gateshead V Macclesfield
Sat 14 Mar

Macclesfield V Bristol Rovers
Sat 28 Mar

Halifax V Macclesfield
Fri 3 Apr

Forest Green V Macclesfield
Sat 11 Apr

Torquay V Macclesfield
Sat 25 Apr

[b][/b]
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 25, 2015, 1:03pm; Reply: 1
I know It's stating the obvious but we've just got to try to win every game from now on and hope the top 3 all start to drop points.

We're still hanging on in there (just) but games are running out and we can't really afford any more dropped points.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 25, 2015, 1:24pm; Reply: 2
We need to few these remaining 11 as Cup Finals!! Aim to battle and fight for 3 points each game, , 33 points to go for we can't afford to drop any
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 25, 2015, 2:39pm; Reply: 3
the fact Macclesfield play Rovers have just give me that little bit more hope !
Posted by: Garth, February 25, 2015, 2:47pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
We need to few these remaining 11 as Cup Finals!! Aim to battle and fight for 3 points each game, , 33 points to go for we can't afford to drop any

Agree, problem is there`s at least another six teams thinking the same
Posted by: cmackenzie4, February 25, 2015, 4:30pm; Reply: 5
It will all mean nothing if we lose Saturday, we need to take advantage of being at home and put on a good solid performance. If we win Saturday and Bristo/Barnet lose or draw it will make it really interesting.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 25, 2015, 4:38pm; Reply: 6
Eastleigh  v Macclesfield this Saturday is another good one,

I will watch it on BT,  I hope its on in the Town bar before our game with Braintree,

The lads could get tanked up watching that game,

Then go and STAND in the Ponny and sing their hearts out. 8)

(groupwave)(groupwave1)(groupwave)
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, February 25, 2015, 6:50pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

That would mean we would finish the season with 13 consecutive wins. Obviously that's the aim but it would presumably smash all our records going back well over a century so it's optimistic to say the least.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, February 26, 2015, 11:06am; Reply: 8
I personally think it's going to get tighter at the top. I can see Rovers slipping up at some point which could cost them the tittle. I can see Barnet slipping further and us and Macclesfield battling it out to see who can take advantage. Just a feeling I have.

It's getting exciting and very interesting. I believe we're going up, one way or the other (looks more likely to be through play off's, but football is a funny old game).  ;)
Posted by: RichMariner, February 26, 2015, 11:58am; Reply: 9
Bristol Rovers will lose, and when they do I'd be interested to see how they bounce back.

48 goals is a remarkably low total for a team at the top of any division after 36 games. When you're a free scoring side, your mentality after a defeat is just to go for it in the next match because you know you can get goals.

When you find goals hard to come by, it's not easy to just snap out of it.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 8:03am