Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 24, 2015, 3:13pm
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/New-site-proposed-Grimsby-Town-s-new-stadium/story-26076166-detail/story.html?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 24, 2015, 3:20pm; Reply: 1
That will go down like a lead balloon with the Old Clee preservationists! ;D
Posted by: AdamHaddock, February 24, 2015, 3:23pm; Reply: 2
[img]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276369/Article/images/26076166/9544714-large.jpg[/img]

That stadium is a tiny site. Yes you might just squeeze something the size of Glanford Park on there but possibility for expansion in the future? No. I can't see where the car parks, park 'n ride are going to go either unless the neighbouring green land would also come with it. None starter I'm afraid. It's like the Tioxide one recently. Politicians just suggesting sites without putting any real thought into it
Posted by: Maringer, February 24, 2015, 3:26pm; Reply: 3
Possibly the worst location in the town for transport links as well?
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 24, 2015, 3:29pm; Reply: 4
Nothing makes a football ground worse than a running track!!!!
Posted by: Doubled, February 24, 2015, 3:31pm; Reply: 5
this would be virtually next door to Cleethorpes Town!!!!
Posted by: gaz57, February 24, 2015, 3:39pm; Reply: 6
Doesn't bode well for Peaks parkway when the leader of the council is talking about other sites.
Posted by: Doubled, February 24, 2015, 3:40pm; Reply: 7
Not the leader for much longer
Posted by: Chrisblor, February 24, 2015, 4:09pm; Reply: 8
Chris Shaw talking out of his fat bottom as usual.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 24, 2015, 4:18pm; Reply: 9
Time for him to start playing with trains methinks!
Posted by: chaos33, February 24, 2015, 4:57pm; Reply: 10
What a complete non-starter that is. Can't have done himself any favours with that suggestion.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 24, 2015, 5:02pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from chaos33
What a complete non-starter that is. Can't have done himself any favours with that suggestion.

No interest in anything locally unless he benefits personally and it will be a good day when he disappears for good.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 24, 2015, 5:43pm; Reply: 12
Isn't Shaw a Hully gully?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, February 24, 2015, 5:47pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Maringer
Possibly the worst location in the town for transport links as well?

Totally agree!  It would be chaos on match days, the Town would be gridlocked.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 24, 2015, 5:55pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Doubled
this would be virtually next door to Cleethorpes Town!!!!

Perhaps there's a ground share option there. ;)

It would be just possible to squeeze in a new ground based on King George's but the traffic problems rule it out straightaway. At one time there was a plan to build Humberston Road right through to Love Lane Corner and I think that would have to be resurrected but it still wouldn't solve the problems. Dead duck.

The only other way would be a mini-railway. Now, I wonder who might have one of those ...............?
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 24, 2015, 5:56pm; Reply: 15
It can not go there,

What would happen to the tadpoles in the little ditch that runs along side the footpath,

If it is still there,

I am going back 60 years where I spent a many an hour with my fishing net and jam jar. 8)
Posted by: gary_elton, February 24, 2015, 6:02pm; Reply: 16
SAVE THE KING GEORGE TADPOLES !!!!   T-shirt anyone ???  :)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 24, 2015, 6:12pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from grimsby pete
It can not go there,

What would happen to the tadpoles in the little ditch that runs along side the footpath,

If it is still there,

I am going back 60 years where I spent a many an hour with my fishing net and jam jar. 8)

Too late Pete. Culverted years ago. Still, no problem with newts down there now anyway!!

Posted by: grimsby pete, February 24, 2015, 6:20pm; Reply: 18

Too late Pete. Culverted years ago. Still, no problem with newts down there now anyway!!

Oh ok better cancel the Tee Shirts Gary  ;D
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 24, 2015, 6:32pm; Reply: 19
Wouldn't take much notice of Shaw he will soon be history not really done much of any use to the town. He probably has a few enemies around there and it's his parting shot at pissing them off. Like Austin Mitchell he comes out with utter excrement every time he opens his mouth.  
Posted by: realist, February 24, 2015, 8:01pm; Reply: 20
What a perfect site - I did suggest this in the survey.
More importantly it solves the problems of the old Bird Eye site which is an eyesore and a perfect location for affordable housing. It would regenerate an area that is really in need of it.
As for the arguments about transport links, it is only just over half a mile from BP so existing infrastructure would work perfectly
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 24, 2015, 8:23pm; Reply: 21
Tomorrow's suggestion, a flip up between ploggers and haverstoe
Posted by: AdamHaddock, February 24, 2015, 8:36pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Tomorrow's suggestion, a flip up between ploggers and haverstoe

Waltham air field  ;D
Posted by: EY Mariner, February 24, 2015, 10:27pm; Reply: 23
Brainless. Just brainless.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 24, 2015, 10:35pm; Reply: 24
If memory serves i think KG V Stadium was a consideration when the council sponsored survey in the 80/90's eventually identified Great Coates as the site of choice the council would support, KG V being ruled out as unsuitable.

Richard Cranium.
Posted by: oldun, February 25, 2015, 12:01am; Reply: 25
You couldn't make it up. Wait hang on a minute our council leader just did. Just need to decide which bits would be covered in black and white blocks, would fit in nicely. What nonsense.
Posted by: barralad, February 25, 2015, 7:56am; Reply: 26
Mischief making on a grand scale. He has announced his intention to go and is now getting his revenge in first...
Posted by: scrumble, February 25, 2015, 8:35am; Reply: 27
Yet another site suggested by the council. This is the same council who suggested Great Coates, then listened to a dozen NIMBYS and dragged it out long enough for it to fail. Then they suggested Peakes Parkway, where they will no doubt listened to a few more NIMBYS and drag it out to the point of extinction. And now we have this, a site that is surrounded by even more housing than any of the others, and will no doubt have even more people complaining.

The problem is, no matter where a new stadium is built it will have people living nearby that won't want it.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 25, 2015, 9:53am; Reply: 28
Fenty - New location for Grimsby Town stadium 'barmy'.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/New-location-Grimsby-Town-stadium-barmy/story-26077125-detail/story.html?
Posted by: Garth, February 25, 2015, 10:18am; Reply: 29
Complete red herring thrown in to create confusion by a yesterday man
Posted by: grimps, February 25, 2015, 10:25am; Reply: 30
It just shows the tactics of the local council towards the Mariners stadium project.
This has been going on for 20 years but then again like Austin Mitchell said .....
Posted by: Maringer, February 25, 2015, 10:25am; Reply: 31
Taking the lead of Dubai, I suggest we build a new ground on an artificial "Fenty Island" created just off the North Wall. Look, it works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Islands

If we don't have the space for a new ground available in the town, let's build it!  ;)
Posted by: horsforthmariner, February 25, 2015, 11:01am; Reply: 32
Crazy suggestion by Chris Shaw up there with his crazy paving
Posted by: jaymariner, February 25, 2015, 11:11am; Reply: 33
Quoted from moosey_club
If memory serves i think KG V Stadium was a consideration when the council sponsored survey in the 80/90's eventually identified Great Coates as the site of choice the council would support, KG V being ruled out as unsuitable.

Richard Cranium.

Richard cranium?
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 7:38am