Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Perkins, February 24, 2015, 9:15am
Just an advance warning to anyone intending to travel by train to Woking on March 7th.
Because of engineering work between Retford and Peterborough all trains from Doncaster to London will be diverted causing 90 minutes to be added to the journey. This applies also to the return journey. eg, if you were going on the 8.34 from Town Station you wont arrive in Woking till 14.33.
Anyone going via Lincoln- Newark, you will be bussed from Newark to Peterborough so an extra 90 minutes also.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, February 24, 2015, 11:00am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Perkins
Just an advance warning to anyone intending to travel by train to Woking on March 7th.
Because of engineering work between Retford and Peterborough all trains from Doncaster to London will be diverted causing 90 minutes to be added to the journey. This applies also to the return journey. eg, if you were going on the 8.34 from Town Station you wont arrive in Woking till 14.33.
Anyone going via Lincoln- Newark, you will be bussed from Newark to Peterborough so an extra 90 minutes also.

Just as an addition to this, the engineering work is also affecting trains in on the 28th - Welling away.
Posted by: Mariner16, February 24, 2015, 11:45am; Reply: 2
A few of ours are going via Sheffield to St Pancras leaving originally at half 8, you'll get to Woking for around 1.30/2pm
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 24, 2015, 11:51am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Mariner16
A few of ours are going via Sheffield to St Pancras leaving originally at half 8, you'll get to Woking for around 1.30/2pm

I was looking at the times and prices from East Yorkshire on East Coast Trains and whilst they usually send me down via Doncaster and the East Coast line this time it defaulted to trains via Sheffield so they do look the best bet.

Posted by: livosnose, February 24, 2015, 12:53pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Just as an addition to this, the engineering work is also affecting trains in on the 28th - Welling away.

True however the costs are dirt cheap with Grand Central trains !
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 24, 2015, 1:30pm; Reply: 5
If you are going to buy off East Coast site remember they change to Virgin Trains on 1st March. Prices (Discounts) terms etc may not be the same, but you can get Nectar points.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 24, 2015, 1:34pm; Reply: 6
Yeah, I'm avoiding the train like the plague for this one.

It was bad enough coming home on Sunday when there was a bus replacement service from Donny which took about 2 hours, having to call at Scunny, Barnetby and Habrough on the way back.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, February 24, 2015, 2:22pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin
Yeah, I'm avoiding the train like the plague for this one.

It was bad enough coming home on Sunday when there was a bus replacement service from Donny which took about 2 hours, having to call at Scunny, Barnetby and Habrough on the way back.

It's been like that for weeks Les, should be back to normal in March though I'm led to believe.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:28am