Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, February 21, 2015, 9:23pm
Mate said today having seen Pittman for the first time what an awesome front pairing these two would be. Would certainly put the fear of God into conference defenders
Posted by: mariner91, February 21, 2015, 9:34pm; Reply: 1
I've thought all season that a fully fit and firing JPP is our best striker. He's got a bit of nous about him that others at this level don't have. The problem is keeping him 100%!
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 21, 2015, 9:38pm; Reply: 2
If Pittman and Palmer can arrange to have their hamstring problems at different  times,

We will be ok as John Lewis seems to be injury free most of the time.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, February 21, 2015, 9:53pm; Reply: 3
Lenny is better than the pair of them. Personally I'd start with Lenny and Ollie and have Pittman has an impact sub, like today. Having seen Jolley today he looked sharper, fitter and now having scored more confident. I can't see Ross Hannah being in the squad on Tuesday, Hamish looked a far better player to me and the other 3 are obviously better players.
Posted by: Garth, February 22, 2015, 12:32pm; Reply: 4
I thought that LJL had the hardest job of all today being consistently pushed pulled and nudged by their two centre backs, whilst they were trying to contain him the others Jolley etc were given more freedom, he still managed to pull out of their keeper two great saves though one rocket to the foot of the post and another stooping header that was a certain goal
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 22, 2015, 1:16pm; Reply: 5
Even though LJL isn't as prolific as we would want him to be, his work ethic is more valuable for wearing down defences,  JPP should either be used as a 3 man attack or impact sub for LJL in the last 15-20 minutes.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 22, 2015, 3:00pm; Reply: 6
I did feel a bit sorry for Lenny yesterday,

Two man mountains fouling him all game and I think he only got one free kick awarded.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 7:15pm