Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 21, 2015, 5:18pm
Great result today must have been a great sight surely the club can make a mint out of this the final run in with thousands of Harry's in the crowd would be great fun. ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 21, 2015, 5:30pm; Reply: 1
What happend to the Harry Haddock revival? I seem to remember the original design / company wasn't available anymore?

About a year or more ago, a few people had contacted places about another design, but it all went quiet...
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 21, 2015, 5:49pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
What happend to the Harry Haddock revival? I seem to remember the original design / company wasn't available anymore?

About a year or more ago, a few people had contacted places about another design, but it all went quiet...

The Trust worked extensively on this and the financial risk was too high and there was something like a 3 month turnaround for the type of numbers we wanted. A new design was drawn up that was a haddock and not a rainbow trout as the first one was. (I do have the drawn up design if people are interested in seeing it).
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 21, 2015, 7:31pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
The Trust worked extensively on this and the financial risk was too high and there was something like a 3 month turnaround for the type of numbers we wanted. A new design was drawn up that was a haddock and not a rainbow trout as the first one was. (I do have the drawn up design if people are interested in seeing it).
Sounds great, I would love to see it.

Also how about gathering interest, see how many people would pre-order, then it won't be as much risk(Confused)

How many would you need to order, are we talking thousands (unsure)
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 21, 2015, 7:44pm; Reply: 4
[URL=http://s594.photobucket.com/user/Mariner_Marc/media/HarryHaddockmini_zpsbbe80446.png.html][IMG]http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt27/Mariner_Marc/HarryHaddockmini_zpsbbe80446.png[/IMG][/URL]

Erm not sure on the numbers but the idea was floated about using Kickstarter or Indiegogo or a crowdfunder of that ilk.

That was done well over 18 months ago.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 21, 2015, 7:47pm; Reply: 5
Just seen the clip of JPP scoring, , I think Harry had a part to play in that goal!!!!
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 21, 2015, 7:49pm; Reply: 6
, , hmmm sorry to point the finger Harry, , it may well have been a shark!!
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 21, 2015, 7:54pm; Reply: 7
Can Harry be a Haddock this time ?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 21, 2015, 8:41pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete
Can Harry be a Haddock this time ?

[URL=http://s594.photobucket.com/user/Mariner_Marc/media/Harry%20The%20Haddock%20preview_zpsynswlicu.png.html][IMG]http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt27/Mariner_Marc/Harry%20The%20Haddock%20preview_zpsynswlicu.png[/IMG][/URL]

Don't get much more haddock than that Pete
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 21, 2015, 10:03pm; Reply: 9
[URL=http://s594.photobucket.com/user/Mariner_Marc/media/HarryHaddockmini_zpsbbe80446.png.html][IMG]http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt27/Mariner_Marc/HarryHaddockmini_zpsbbe80446.png[/IMG][/URL]

Erm not sure on the numbers but the idea was floated about using Kickstarter or Indiegogo or a crowdfunder of that ilk.

That was done well over 18 months ago.
Kickstarter would be a good idea, for the mininum donation of what it's worth you get the Harry Haddock, then if you give more you get some sort of bonus.

You could have 1 x signed by all the Town players for some sort of (£) figure as an example.

A lot of remade PC games have been funded this way, some into the millions of dollars.  Obviously the main aim would be to aquire the amount required to purchase the actual inflatables.

The thing is, if we reached Wembley, chances are they would sell a few thousand no problem.
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, February 21, 2015, 10:16pm; Reply: 10

[URL=http://s594.photobucket.com/user/Mariner_Marc/media/Harry%20The%20Haddock%20preview_zpsynswlicu.png.html][IMG]http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt27/Mariner_Marc/Harry%20The%20Haddock%20preview_zpsynswlicu.png[/IMG][/URL]

Don't get much more haddock than that Pete

Did you only look to china for the manufacturing? There are a few uk based manufacturers of inflatable novelty toys and promotional items. Should be a much quicker turnaround than 3 months.
These guys are prob the biggest.   http://www.ingeniousinflatables.co.uk/branded-inflatable-products.html

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, June 4, 2015, 9:22pm; Reply: 11

Did you only look to china for the manufacturing? There are a few uk based manufacturers of inflatable novelty toys and promotional items. Should be a much quicker turnaround than 3 months.
These guys are prob the biggest.   http://www.ingeniousinflatables.co.uk/branded-inflatable-products.html
this with mariners trust or operation promotion would be ace

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, June 4, 2015, 9:26pm; Reply: 12
imagine a sea of these at BP or away along with the "FISH" chant would look and sound great.
Posted by: Shilts, June 4, 2015, 9:49pm; Reply: 13
I'd buy one.

Bring back harry
Posted by: mariner91, June 4, 2015, 9:50pm; Reply: 14
I was saying this the other day but completely agree.
Posted by: heppy88, June 4, 2015, 9:51pm; Reply: 15
Its time for The Haddock to return!
Posted by: Green27, June 4, 2015, 10:02pm; Reply: 16
I don't understand what the risk is? They can be stored for years and they'll always be a demand for them.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, June 4, 2015, 10:06pm; Reply: 17
Could pledges be gathered via the current Operation Promotion and if enough interest then order placed?
Posted by: mariner91, June 4, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 18
I believe the Trust are working on something, hope it comes off though.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, June 5, 2015, 12:27am; Reply: 19
Buying from a UK manufacturer was always the way forward... Buyer protection etc. A lot of UK supplier will get them manufactured in China anyway.

There isn't a better time to bring Harry back. We would like a sponsor, that would probably be the way to go in my opinion
Posted by: GiveUsAG, June 5, 2015, 12:40am; Reply: 20
Perfect opportunity for a big company to sponsor Harry Haddocks too. They'd get a lot of recognition for sponsoring the comeback of Harry Haddock, maybe even 'legendary' status amongst fans?

Hope a potential sponsor reads this.  8)
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, June 5, 2015, 1:43am; Reply: 21
Quoted from GiveUsAG
Perfect opportunity for a big company to sponsor Harry Haddocks too. They'd get a lot of recognition for sponsoring the comeback of Harry Haddock, maybe even 'legendary' status amongst fans?

Hope a potential sponsor reads this.  8)

I't doesn't have to be a big company, a local family friendly one would be perfect. A brand that fits in with the trust ethos.
Posted by: sparkles, June 5, 2015, 6:45am; Reply: 22
Steels must fit the bill perfectly?!?!?
I know they are wanting to get on board so worth a try surely?
Posted by: GiveUsAG, June 5, 2015, 11:30am; Reply: 23

I't doesn't have to be a big company, a local family friendly one would be perfect. A brand that fits in with the trust ethos.

True.  8)
Posted by: grimps, June 5, 2015, 11:36am; Reply: 24
I've said time and time again that Harry the Hadock is a jinx
Posted by: nightrider, June 5, 2015, 11:59am; Reply: 25
Order 10,000.
Sell at 14.99 each
Store em in Fentys loft
Job done
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, June 5, 2015, 12:05pm; Reply: 26
As long as it is a haddock this time.
Posted by: friskneymariner, June 5, 2015, 12:40pm; Reply: 27
How about a Harry Haddock badge as the symbol of the Promotion Campaign.
Posted by: psgmariner, June 5, 2015, 1:59pm; Reply: 28

Roughly what sort of figure is required from the sponsoring company?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, June 5, 2015, 3:41pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from psgmariner

£2500
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, June 5, 2015, 4:24pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from sparkles
Steels must fit the bill perfectly?!?!?
I know they are wanting to get on board so worth a try surely?

Like this a lot match made in heaven Steels=Haddock=GTFC

What better best fish n chip restaurant in the country and harry the haddock the most famous fish in Football.

(clap2)(clap2)(clap2)(clap2)(clap2)......"FISH."

Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 5, 2015, 8:16pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from psgmariner
£2500
Long shot, but I was told one of Dudley Ramsden's son's is a Town fan, he's the CEO of Ramsdens International - Sean Ramsden, maybe they could be approached for sponsorship?

They have done some sort of sponsoring of the club before in one form or another from reading the Grimsby Telegraph.

Having their logo on the product, head office based in Grimsby, they are in the Food exports industry... maybe worth a try!

Failing that, maybe Youngs could be approached, considering their main products are Fish based and they already have the main sponsor contract of the club shirts?
Posted by: Grimsby2012, June 6, 2015, 12:33pm; Reply: 32
Just contacting a company that can make them.

Does anyone know the dimensions of Harry Haddock? or a good size to give them?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, June 6, 2015, 1:12pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Just contacting a company that can make them.

Does anyone know the dimensions of Harry Haddock? or a good size to give them?

If you can wait til Monday there will be news.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 2:48pm