Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, February 18, 2015, 12:06pm
This is now on a link from the OS if anyone hasnt seen it

https://www.survey-me.com/take-a-survey/UK-NS-LP

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, February 18, 2015, 12:36pm; Reply: 1
Completed. The first questionnaire I have ever completed where entering my address required three separate questions.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 18, 2015, 12:41pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Completed. The first questionnaire I have ever completed where entering my address required three separate questions.

Same here, completed

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/xeek9y.png[/IMG]
Posted by: WokingMariner, February 18, 2015, 12:47pm; Reply: 3
What about people who live outside NE Lincs? Is this consultation just for residents?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, February 18, 2015, 12:48pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from WokingMariner
What about people who live outside NE Lincs? Is this consultation just for residents?

I'm outside NE Lincs and have filled it in.
Posted by: Hagrid, February 18, 2015, 12:51pm; Reply: 5
filled in
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 18, 2015, 1:02pm; Reply: 6
Done and shared
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 18, 2015, 1:09pm; Reply: 7
Completed and it would be good to get an update maybe once a week to see how we are doing figure wise.
Posted by: LH, February 18, 2015, 1:15pm; Reply: 8
I think I've done it. Was there a confirmation at the end?
Posted by: psgmariner, February 18, 2015, 1:42pm; Reply: 9
Done.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 18, 2015, 2:02pm; Reply: 10
Anyone can fill it in.  The section on "additional info to help them make the decision" is very important and key points in favour should be added here.  

Having taken 4 boxes to record an address, I thought that the email address would take the same number.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, February 18, 2015, 2:53pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The section on "additional info to help them make the decision" is very important and key points in favour should be added here.

I suspect that lots of people will leave this blank so it might be good for suggestions to be made about the positive reasons people could include. I'd suggest things focussed on the town not just the football club, so creation of jobs, improved facilities for local children and families etc
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 18, 2015, 3:28pm; Reply: 12
[youtube]fxPQX5RynNo[/youtube]
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 18, 2015, 3:50pm; Reply: 13
Completed.
Posted by: cleefish, February 18, 2015, 3:58pm; Reply: 14
;D ;D ;D ;D done it utm
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 18, 2015, 4:08pm; Reply: 15
I haven't completed mine as yet, if the council are going to see these, then I'm going to put as much detail as possible.

This is what I've got so far...

I do/do not support the proposed relocation of the stadium to Peaks Parkway because...

1.  Significant contribution to economic activity, creation of hundreds of permanent and temporary jobs and expenditure from construction of the development, in turn economic growth through increased employment.

2.  New facilities for Health and well being and education facilities for enhancement of skills and knowledge of local people through training initiatives.

3.  Provision of a modern sports community stadium with full disabled access and facilities, supporting and enhancing the social and cultural well being of the community and adding to the community/sporting assets of the region.

4. The project will enhance our local area for now and the future. Many football clubs, which are similar size to Grimsby Town have moved to new stadiums, Chesterfield, Shrewsbury, Rotherham, Barnet, Colchester, Doncaster, Morecambe.

At this moment in time our local side Scunthorpe are advancing on a new stadium, and also Hull have had a new stadium in recent years which was partly financed by the local council with their full support.  York City in December 2014 signed a long-term tenancy with a £37m community stadium, which will start construction in 2016, backed by the local council including the liberal democrat party as a whole.
Posted by: chrissy, February 18, 2015, 4:11pm; Reply: 16
Done
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 18, 2015, 4:11pm; Reply: 17
I also added additional info that my wife and grown up daughters help contribute to the local economy.  They go shopping in the Freshney for Sat home games and collectively spend a small fortune  on "retail therapy". We also go for a family meal after the game.  Without a new stadium, BP and the Club are more likely to fade away.  We will not come shopping then.    
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 18, 2015, 4:14pm; Reply: 18
If the club folded, I would have no reason to stay in Grimsby whatsoever. I would easily move away without a second thought, I wonder how many other people feel the same?
Posted by: mariner2000, February 18, 2015, 6:40pm; Reply: 19
On the OS there is a picture of the ground plan, can anyone find a proper link to is??
Posted by: Saudimariner, February 18, 2015, 6:56pm; Reply: 20
Done!
Posted by: KK_DOG, February 18, 2015, 7:00pm; Reply: 21
Completed mine. Thought John spoke well in the clip.
Posted by: rancido, February 18, 2015, 7:54pm; Reply: 22
Done and dusted!
Posted by: barralad, February 18, 2015, 8:34pm; Reply: 23
Done
Posted by: ginnywings, February 18, 2015, 8:40pm; Reply: 24
Done.

Let's be 'avin it.
Posted by: ackomariner, February 18, 2015, 9:42pm; Reply: 25
Done
Posted by: Meza, February 18, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 26
Done.... by someone not in GY :)

UTM
Posted by: gytone, February 18, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 27
Done  :)
Posted by: GiveUsAG, February 18, 2015, 10:23pm; Reply: 28
Done.  8)
Posted by: Belfast Town, February 18, 2015, 10:27pm; Reply: 29
Done. Not sure if they will discount non-GY based contributions, though.
Posted by: mariner2000, February 19, 2015, 7:21am; Reply: 30
just wondering if anyone ha found the image of the plan that scrolls on the GTFC site yet?
Posted by: ackomariner, February 19, 2015, 7:36am; Reply: 31
Everyone that's done this survey has got a negative mark against them.

Some very sad people out there
Posted by: mariner2000, February 19, 2015, 9:06am; Reply: 32
Or "a" very sad person out there.   All on their poor little lonesome
Posted by: Garth, February 19, 2015, 11:16am; Reply: 33
Done
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, February 19, 2015, 11:58am; Reply: 34
The deadline is on 13th of March does that mean we will know if they are going to build it by then.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 19, 2015, 12:13pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from mariner2000
just wondering if anyone ha found the image of the plan that scrolls on the GTFC site yet?

[img]http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/cms_images/match/169-plan2244-2278818_1600x900.jpg[/img]
Posted by: mariner2000, February 19, 2015, 12:28pm; Reply: 36
Thanks

where are the astronomy turf pitches or the training pitches?  Surely these are needed to generate income
Posted by: mariner2000, February 19, 2015, 12:29pm; Reply: 37
Astronomy???!!!!  Damn spell checker!!!!
Posted by: Meza, February 19, 2015, 12:32pm; Reply: 38
think about how much income this will bring for the hainton pub, fans would go there for a few beers before moving on, wouldn't they?
Posted by: big bad bob, February 19, 2015, 12:36pm; Reply: 39
Done
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 19, 2015, 1:42pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from mariner2000
Thanks

where are the astronomy turf pitches or the training pitches?  Surely these are needed to generate income

Are they not popping up at the bottom of that plan.?

Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 19, 2015, 2:59pm; Reply: 41
Just looking at the draft local plan:

[img]http://puu.sh/g3EPt/0cabeca5da.png[/img]

So...currently GTFC's stadium relocation hasn't been included in the draft local plan, the council are waiting to hear what the "available options" are and GTFC wants everyone to tell the council why GTFC should be included in the local plan.

I'm sort of confused....I thought the Council suggested Peaks Parkway and reading this, I don't understand how fans filling in a petition will get the relocation included in the plan. The council seem to want much more detailed work on the options available, especially on the enabling developments before they'll include it in the local plan.. Please correct me if I've not understood what's going on

summary of local plan (page 15):
http://www.nelincs.gov.uk/GetAsset.aspx?id=fAAyADAANQAzADYAfAB8AFQAcgB1AGUAfAB8ADAAfAA1

More detail on page 242 if you're interested: http://www.nelincs.gov.uk/GetAsset.aspx?id=fAAyADAANQAyADQAfAB8AFQAcgB1AGUAfAB8ADAAfAA1
Posted by: psgmariner, February 19, 2015, 3:06pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
Just looking at the draft local plan:

[img]http://puu.sh/g3EPt/0cabeca5da.png[/img]

So...currently GTFC's stadium relocation hasn't been included in the draft local plan, the council are waiting to hear what the "available options" are and GTFC wants everyone to tell the council why GTFC should be included in the local plan.

I'm sort of confused....I thought the Council suggested Peaks Parkway and reading this, I don't understand how fans filling in a petition will get the relocation included in the plan. The council seem to want much more detailed work on the options available, especially on the enabling developments before they'll include it in the local plan.. Please correct me if I've not understood what's going on

summary of local plan (page 15):
http://www.nelincs.gov.uk/GetAsset.aspx?id=fAAyADAANQAzADYAfAB8AFQAcgB1AGUAfAB8ADAAfAA1

More detail on page 242 if you're interested: http://www.nelincs.gov.uk/GetAsset.aspx?id=fAAyADAANQAyADQAfAB8AFQAcgB1AGUAfAB8ADAAfAA1

Thanks for this. The girls on page 3 are lovely.

The photographer must have spent ages waiting for them to walk through Freshney Place.

Posted by: LH, February 19, 2015, 3:16pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from psgmariner

Thanks for this. The girls on page 3 are lovely.

The photographer must have spent ages waiting for them to walk through Freshney Place.

And then thought: "intercourse this, I'll just photoshop it".
Posted by: Chrisblor, February 19, 2015, 3:42pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from mariner2000
Thanks

.pdf copy of the full master plan here - http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276369/binaries/GTFCStadiumPlan.pdf

Looks to include a hotel, bar/restaurant and two 'drive-thru' restaurants. Don't think any of those have been mentioned in relation to the stadium previously.

Posted by: grimsby pete, February 19, 2015, 5:32pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from ackomariner
Everyone that's done this survey has got a negative mark against them.

Some very sad people out there

No just one but I did not know he posted on here,

De Frietarse
Posted by: the driver, February 19, 2015, 7:19pm; Reply: 46
Done mine I have going to BP since 1962 season ticket in lower Findus but when I sat in the main I did not realise how tatty the ground is I don,t want to relocate and be another Darlington but do feel we as a club must move to a new ground and would love it be called New Blundell Park
Posted by: realist, February 19, 2015, 8:08pm; Reply: 47
Jesus, the scale of the development is huge. The Crem virtually surrounded and housing all the way to the back of Scartho - there is no chance in this getting through
Posted by: H19P1, February 19, 2015, 8:33pm; Reply: 48
Stadium questionnaire complete so let's hope more do the same. I feel the word needs to be spread about the questionnaire, eg leaflets through doors etc
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 19, 2015, 8:47pm; Reply: 49
Hope the new stadium looks something like Rotherham's.
12,000 all-seater capacity.
Cost approximately £20 million.
[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/hsqfqc.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 19, 2015, 9:04pm; Reply: 50
Looks like it's gonna be 4 open stands RP
Posted by: H19P1, February 19, 2015, 9:05pm; Reply: 51
That's a nice stadium and perfect. Looks very similar to Doncaster Rovers ground that I've played on and the feel of the place was excellent and well worth building in GY.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 19, 2015, 9:14pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I was led to believe it's going to be fully enclosed to keep the noise in and the nimby's happy.

Posted by: Fcukthescunts, February 19, 2015, 9:15pm; Reply: 53
Done and also completed on behalf of my mother who still lives that way on!
Posted by: H19P1, February 19, 2015, 9:26pm; Reply: 54
Can we share the questionnaire on Facebook?
Posted by: LH, February 19, 2015, 10:28pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

looks it from the diagram but also includes a dotted line which looks like it could be a roof. Wasn't the site supposed to be expandable? It would make sense that the corners would be filled first before building backwards. The diagram does look a bit bigger scale Glanford Park to me. I'd like to see a more final architect's diagram before passing judgement.
Posted by: mighty_mariners, February 20, 2015, 7:40am; Reply: 56
Done.
Posted by: mimma, February 20, 2015, 4:42pm; Reply: 57
According to the plan, the only way in is via traffic lights on Peakes Parkway. CHAOS!!!

I would have thought that a slip road would be better, & a slip road over the bridge to access the site if you are coming from town.

A T-junction & traffic lights as shown is madness.

As for the Hainton, they shut the bar a while ago to stop riff raff drinking in there & upsetting diners.
Posted by: BIGChris, February 20, 2015, 4:52pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from mimma
According to the plan, the only way in is via traffic lights on Peakes Parkway. CHAOS!!!

I would have thought that a slip road would be better, & a slip road over the bridge to access the site if you are coming from town.

A T-junction & traffic lights as shown is madness.

As for the Hainton, they shut the bar a while ago to stop riff raff drinking in there & upsetting diners.

Think this is more an 'artists impression' rather than a firm plan at this stage.

The routes in and out will be decided at final planning stage and I think the scheme is a very long way from that
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 20, 2015, 8:23pm; Reply: 59
Just seen a link on Facebook - GTFC

Over 2,000 people have completed the survey and almost 90% support the club’s vision for a Community Stadium Complex (CSC) at Peaks Parkway.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, February 20, 2015, 10:51pm; Reply: 60
No need to get too hung up on designs and features yet.  This will come together at the design stage when the club, supporters, the Trust and the architects sit down and go through the options.

For me, as someone living in London on the edge of the Olympic Park development and seeing other clubs getting the go-ahead for plans, I aimed my additional comments on the need for development in Grimsby and how the town needs to move forward and start being positive about its future.  The development has the potential to bring improvements in a number of areas including housing, leisure, fitness and job opportunities and should be supported by any forward-thinking council.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 11:55am