Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 17, 2015, 2:50pm
I don't subscribe to Mariners Player but i like this idea -

http://www.harriers.co.uk/news/article/news-harriers-player-statement-2276702.aspx?
Posted by: Chrisblor, February 17, 2015, 3:27pm; Reply: 1
I'd be absolutely delighted if Town followed this example. Can't see it happening though since they probably make a bit of money off the subscriptions.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 17, 2015, 4:49pm; Reply: 2
I would suspect that Kidderminster's subscription list is much smaller than Town's. My understanding is that Town's is in to 4 figures and at £40.00 p.a. that's a fair wedge.

I appreciate that it all doesn't go back to Town but it is still a good contribution to the coffers, so whether the club would be happy to give up that sort of income, who knows.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 18, 2015, 8:23am; Reply: 3
Interesting though that Kiddy appear happy to opt out of updating the Player site, when complaints about quality have been raised on here regards the Player then the answer from the those in the know has been,

"we are tied in to a contract and nothing can be done"

Personally i like the player as it gives an opportunity to see highlights of most games we play and currently that is our only option whilst non league. Rarely use it for anything else, the odd commentary if i am working away and out of Humberside range but as for player interviews and other features then no.
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 18, 2015, 9:32am; Reply: 4
I would be interested to see what sort of income we generate from Mariners Player, I suspect it's jaff all.

Going down the YouTube root, Kidderminster are opening their videos up to everyone who has access to the internet be it via a laptop, smartphone, tablet, SmartTV etc, with that comes far greater viewing figures than those willing to pay £40 a year for the privilege.

I believe, I do stand to be corrected on this, YouTube advertising rates are based on per view of the advert - not per click - but require the whole of the advert to be watched.  

Regardless of the financial benefits, anything that opens up your product to a new audience for free is a good move.  Kidderminster are in complete control of the videos they're putting out, which effectively is a massive advert for their product.  In theory they could edit their match highlights to such a creative extent that their games look so exciting the viewer is drawn into going down to Aggborough.

I like the forward thinking from them.  Bravo.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 18, 2015, 10:09am; Reply: 5
Quoted from diehardmariner
  In theory they could edit their match highlights to such a creative extent that their games look so exciting the viewer is drawn into going down to Aggborough.

To do that they would be better off just videoing the catering, forget about the football  :P
Posted by: ska face, February 18, 2015, 10:59am; Reply: 6
Put it this way - what impact would the John Lewis advert, or the "We Are Town" video had if they were confined to Mariners Player?

Bring on YouTube.
Posted by: psgmariner, February 18, 2015, 11:02am; Reply: 7
We already have a youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS_NcjRUfJhoJbCPJn4Wy2A

The only thing not on there is the regular highlights. Would this cause a massive upsurge in traffic and therefore enough to give up the player subscriptions? Not sure.
Posted by: LH, February 18, 2015, 11:10am; Reply: 8
They could put highlights on MP for 24hrs for exclusivity before putting them on Youtube if they didn't want to urine off subscribers.
Posted by: Chrisblor, February 18, 2015, 11:59am; Reply: 9
Quoted from LH
They could put highlights on MP for 24hrs for exclusivity before putting them on Youtube if they didn't want to urine off subscribers.

I'd probably cancel my subscription if they did this. I only really use it for highlights (which I'd be happy to wait a bit longer to see for free), and commentary when I can't get it through Humberside (e.g. when I'm outside the UK or Tunein isn't working)
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 9:38am