Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: excusebeef, February 17, 2015, 10:35am
I find it crazy how we're still short of 767 sign ups to the new stadium petition. Does that mean the fans aren't that bothered or we don't really have that big a fan base to care? Surely we can notch up the 7000 signatures needed on the OS?

IMO this club desperately needs to relocate from BP. I just don't ever see it happening in the next ten years.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 17, 2015, 11:12am; Reply: 1
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phoenix-Gemini-Jets-Thomson-Airways-Boeing-767-300ER-1-400-/251839087279?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa2c782af
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 17, 2015, 11:37am; Reply: 2
Sometimes you need to advertise better and actually put in leg work, I remember Cockers hand delivering a letter trying to get support, back in AB's first season when we were 4th from bottom in the old Division 4.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 17, 2015, 11:38am; Reply: 3
Quoted from excusebeef
I find it crazy how we're still short of 767 sign ups to the new stadium petition. Does that mean the fans aren't that bothered or we don't really have that big a fan base to care? Surely we can notch up the 7000 signatures needed on the OS?

IMO this club desperately needs to relocate from BP. I just don't ever see it happening in the next ten years.

The club has 3000 - 3500 fans, ie people who actually bother to turn up and watch them play week in week out, "suffer" the surroundings and experience of B.P on a regular basis.  Bearing in mind not all of those may actually agree with the location of the ground for one reason or another then the fact we have acquired more than the average home gate is actually a suprise to me.
Selling the new ground as a community venture and community benefit to the wider audience is the key but details are still sketchy on what that would actually be, not everyone in the town is interested in a sports based facility...chicken and egg scenario in alot of ways but having a team playing at its lowest level in living memory for 4 years certainly doesnt help capture the towns imagination.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 17, 2015, 1:32pm; Reply: 4
Maybe some supporters want us to stay at Blundell Park.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 17, 2015, 1:46pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete

I'd be more than happy to see us back in either League 2 or even better League 1 playing at BP

If we ever get back to Championship level then maybe a new ground would help us out accommodating all of our new found and lapsed fans
Posted by: sonik, February 17, 2015, 1:47pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete

We simply can't survive at BP without greater funding. This has to get the green light folkes. Apathy in the Town won't help. Please bang the drum and help this location move a reality for future generations to come.

UTM!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 17, 2015, 1:52pm; Reply: 7
I've signed it but to be honest what is the point?

Do we really trust the current administration to see it built and if they manage it for it not to be a massive member up?

So much focus has gone on a new ground with the current regime and there has been a complete lack of ambition on the pitch, if the money wasted on the new ground was spent on the team we would probably be a league team.

I think you have to look at why it hasn't happened, we can blame the council, the economy, nimbys and breeding birds but have a look at the stadia other teams have built in that time.

Look down the road at Scunny, they have a new ground in the pipeline and a chairman that clearly has some ambition, could you imagine town paying decent fees for players?

This club has been poorly run for so long with a complete lack of ambition and people expect the same administration to be able to successfully deliver a decent new ground.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 17, 2015, 2:23pm; Reply: 8
There's still 24 clubs I didn't get around to posting on their club forums, I'll finish it off and see how many more signatures I can get...

AFC Wimbledon, Burton Albion  :-/, Chester, Crawley Town, Dagenham & Redbridge, FC Halifax Town, Leicester City, Lincoln City  ;D, Luton Town, Manchester City, Northampton Town, Nuneaton Town, Oldham Athletic, Port Vale, Rochdale, Scunthorpe United  ;D, Stevenage, Swansea City, Tottenham Hotspur, Tranmere Rovers, Walsall, Welling United, Wigan Athletic, Woking, Wrexham, Wycombe Wanderers, Yeovil Town.

A lot of the premiership clubs have strict posting rules, such as cannot make your own post till replied to over 250 other peoples messages...  :-/
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 17, 2015, 3:41pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from sonik

We simply can't survive at BP without greater funding. This has to get the green light folkes. Apathy in the Town won't help. Please bang the drum and help this location move a reality for future generations to come.

UTM!

I agree with you sonik and I have signed and also got my relatives to sign,

I was just stating not all Town fans want the move,
Posted by: sonik, February 17, 2015, 3:45pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from grimsby pete

I agree with you sonik and I have signed and also got my relatives to sign,

I was just stating not all Town fans want the move,

Thanks Pete. Keep up the good work!

UTM!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, February 17, 2015, 4:03pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
There's still 24 clubs I didn't get around to posting on their club forums, I'll finish it off and see how many more signatures I can get...

AFC Wimbledon, Burton Albion  :-/, Chester, Crawley Town, Dagenham & Redbridge, FC Halifax Town, Leicester City, Lincoln City  ;D, Luton Town, Manchester City, Northampton Town, Nuneaton Town, Oldham Athletic, Port Vale, Rochdale, Scunthorpe United  ;D, Stevenage, Swansea City, Tottenham Hotspur, Tranmere Rovers, Walsall, Welling United, Wigan Athletic, Woking, Wrexham, Wycombe Wanderers, Yeovil Town.

A lot of the premiership clubs have strict posting rules, such as cannot make your own post till replied to over 250 other peoples messages...  :-/

Fantastic work Nelly!
Posted by: psgmariner, February 17, 2015, 4:13pm; Reply: 12
I have signed it and done what I can to support this.

If I am really honest I would rather we stayed at Blundell Park though. I hate the idea of an identikit out of town modern stadium in a field off Peakes Parkway and struggle to understand how moving will be the answer to our financial woes.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 17, 2015, 5:07pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from sonik

UTM!

Apathy, incompetence over the worst decade Town fans have had to stomach, coupled with established at playing at our lowest level, which by the way is non league and you have the gall to blame apathy in the Town.

We are miles off challenging for top spot and we are looking at scraping into the play-off's.  That apathy is the fruit of your brothers sowing.

The club needs to get off it's bottom and get out to the public, be it Grimsby Town shopping centre, Asda's, Tesco's, radio, internet.

Funny when the chips are down the club in some form or other blames the fans or greater public.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 2:38am