Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Spiritater, February 16, 2015, 10:11pm
Hi, we've just had one of our 'An evening with' nights at the Mill in the club bar.
Tonight was Liam's turn and he had nothing but praise for you guys and the way you treated him when he was there. He is that thankful that he say's he'd love to finish his career at Blundell Park (hopefully when he's knocked goals in for us) as it'd be nice to repay you.

Just to let you know, after 6 months rehab he is tomorrow going to start running in earnest for the first time and he can't wait he says. He says that he's looking at getting back to vying for a first team place in 6 weeks. We've missed someone like him all season.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 16, 2015, 10:16pm; Reply: 1
Good to hear that but I not sure that he'll ever be able to properly recover from the injuries he's suffered during his career.

A crying shame really as he had such a promising future ahead of him when we initially signed him,
Posted by: mariner91, February 16, 2015, 10:29pm; Reply: 2
I liked Hearn, the one player we've had down here who could get me on my feet nearly every time he got the ball. Very unfortunate with his injuries, I reckon he could have played L1 level had he not got them.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 16, 2015, 10:30pm; Reply: 3
Left under a bit of a cloud really so personally wouldnt want him back, hope he recovers from his injuries for his personal sake but doubt he will recapture any kind of form.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 17, 2015, 12:14am; Reply: 4
With really good quality players around him, who knows what division he was and maybe still is capable of playing in.

Deserved a shot in the league, he wasn't getting any younger.  I wish him all the success.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, February 17, 2015, 12:36pm; Reply: 5
Glad he went in the end, look at the cost of keeping him and not playing this season.
Posted by: Garth, February 17, 2015, 2:01pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Glad he went in the end, look at the cost of keeping him and not playing this season.

Exactly, the king has gone. Long live king John L
Posted by: ska face, February 17, 2015, 2:45pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Garth

Exactly, the king has gone. Long live king John L

The Korean dictator?
Posted by: Maringer, February 17, 2015, 5:04pm; Reply: 8
Good player at this level (and possibly the one above), but I don't think he'd make it at a higher level as he didn't have any real pace and that becomes increasingly important as you go up the leagues. That said, I thought we'd agreed he'd burnt his bridges here when he clearly worked to manoeuvre a move to Mansfield?

A pity about his injuries (especially when we were paying him), but I don't think we'll see much of him again.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 17, 2015, 5:12pm; Reply: 9
Personally sorry to see him go but annoyed at his false promise of repaying us by resigning after his long injury.  I'm not keen on people who don't keep their word and I think coupled with his constant injuries he will never be good enough value for money if he ever wanted to come back.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 7:45am