Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, February 15, 2015, 12:05pm
Had his critics on here, but since being out of the team, we've looked a hell of a lot more shaky at the back!! Personally think he can feel hard done too for being dropped, thoughts?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 15, 2015, 12:51pm; Reply: 1
Pearson has not been at his best imo but never ever will be dropped.

Parslow not a player for me who could improve whats already been playing.
Posted by: chaos33, February 15, 2015, 12:58pm; Reply: 2
Yeah. Don't agree with the OP.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, February 15, 2015, 1:24pm; Reply: 3

I think that there was an argument for bringing on Parslow, maybe for Clay.   Rovers had a back 4 with a deep sitting midfielder; maybe we should have copied them later on and pushed full backs up.....
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 15, 2015, 1:47pm; Reply: 4
He's be better as a holding midfielder in a 4-3-3. The squad is set up for 4-3-3 IMO. We aren't getting the best out of Jolley, Macreth, Arnold in this rigid 4-4-2. Parslow could sit allowing any two of Disley, Clay, Mccaughlin to push on and support. We still have time to get it right as far as the play offs go, the title has gone.
Posted by: chaos33, February 15, 2015, 2:40pm; Reply: 5
In my opinion Parslow is no holding midfielder. I know he did a decent  job away at Wrexham, but in his other performances there he looked well short to me. Slow to react, not particularly strong in the tackle or in the air, and not a great passer. He just occupies space and breaks up attacks, but little more. He's a steady full back. The idea that his omission might have something to do with our recent disappointing results is no more than clutching at straws for me.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 15, 2015, 2:45pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from chaos33
In my opinion Parslow is no holding midfielder. I know he did a decent  job away at Wrexham, but in his other performances there he looked well short to me. Slow to react, not particularly strong in the tackle or in the air, and not a great passer. He just occupies space and breaks up attacks, but little more. He's a steady full back. The idea that his omission might have something to do with our recent disappointing results is no more than clutching at straws for me.

Totally agree. Problems are at the other end.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 15, 2015, 2:49pm; Reply: 7
Parslow looked OK in his first game at Kidderminster and also at Wrexham in all his other games I think he has looked poor at times, just another he will do type of player that we end up paying but hardly using such as Bignot, a waste of valuable resources of which the manager has to take the blame.
Posted by: oldun, February 15, 2015, 3:20pm; Reply: 8
If we think Parslow is the answer to anything then gawd help us
Posted by: Maringer, February 15, 2015, 3:58pm; Reply: 9
Parslow is a decent utility player who can cover various defensive roles, but I don't think he's good enough to be first choice in any of them.

Unfortunately, Toto is looking shaky at the moment and his booking yesterday was ridiculous - all he needed to do was get his body in between the player and the ball but instead stuck his leg out to trip him, pick up a booking and gift them a set piece in a dangerous area. I realise that Blissett was a real handful for the defence yesterday, but he needed to do a lot better. On balance, I think I'd still have him in the team instead of Parslow.
Posted by: oldun, February 16, 2015, 9:53am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Maringer
Parslow is a decent utility player who can cover various defensive roles, but I don't think he's good enough to be first choice in any of them.

Unfortunately, Toto is looking shaky at the moment and his booking yesterday was ridiculous - all he needed to do was get his body in between the player and the ball but instead stuck his leg out to trip him, pick up a booking and gift them a set piece in a dangerous area. I realise that Blissett was a real handful for the defence yesterday, but he needed to do a lot better. On balance, I think I'd still have him in the team instead of Parslow.

Too true, not even in the balance
Posted by: DocTower, February 16, 2015, 12:07pm; Reply: 11
3/4 of the season gone and he still don't  know how to set a team up or what our best starting eleven is .  The undropables  and substitutions and formations have been problems for far too long now , IMO will never be addressed under this regime.
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 16, 2015, 1:06pm; Reply: 12
Can appreciate the notion that Parslow would arguably suit a holding midfielder role, arguably more than anyone else in the team at present.

However the idea that we would employ such a tactic A) against teams we need to make up ground on, B) at home and C) when we need to win games makes me shudder just thinking about it.

I fully expect it to be used on Saturday at Barnet.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 16, 2015, 3:12pm; Reply: 13
When Toto was suspended we struggled in games/lost games we should not have done.  
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 11:22am