Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, February 14, 2015, 4:35pm
Macc' and Brizzle are sharpening their claws while gtfc are just having their nails done ................................ Play offs ? probably  .................... Winning them or even getting to final ? I doubt it ............ Part Time club in 2 years !!
Posted by: forza ivano, February 14, 2015, 4:40pm; Reply: 1
Couldn't you wait for bruce? Actually where is bruce?
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, February 14, 2015, 4:41pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from forza ivano
Couldn't you wait for bruce? Actually where is bruce?

Don't worry he'll be back when the feelgood factor leaves Town
Posted by: cardiffmariner, February 14, 2015, 4:45pm; Reply: 3
Pretty accurate assessment though isn't it? We never looked like scoring last week and we haven't today by the sounds of it. Front 6 not good enough individually or as a unit.

Posted by: Caesar, February 14, 2015, 5:02pm; Reply: 4
So flipping predictable.  2 games ago it was all optimisim and a view of 3 games, 9 points and a title challenge. Before the final whistle we have comments like this.

Will look forward to reading the views of people who were there so I can know what what the actual game was like rather than just looking at the results and feeling down, however much I want to join in the moaning, title has been a long way off all season and have to be hoping for playoffs.  
Posted by: Vance Warner, February 14, 2015, 5:05pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from cardiffmariner
Pretty accurate assessment though isn't it? We never looked like scoring last week and we haven't today by the sounds of it. Front 6 not good enough individually or as a unit.

Err we did score last week so must have looked like scoring a little bit!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 14, 2015, 5:09pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Vance Warner

Own goal mate :D
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 14, 2015, 5:13pm; Reply: 7
Like it or not other teams around us are putting some results together, our play off position is far from definite  :(
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 14, 2015, 5:16pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Vance Warner

OG wasnt it?!?!?!

Posted by: chicaneuk, February 14, 2015, 5:16pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Like it or not other teams around us are putting some results together, our play off position is far from definite  :(

Hurts to agree but.. our play off place just doesn't look safe at all :(
Posted by: H19P1, February 14, 2015, 5:20pm; Reply: 10
Did we miss Ollie today or were we that poor up top not to score? Please can someone sum up our performance today without heart on fingertips
Posted by: lobsterpot, February 14, 2015, 5:21pm; Reply: 11
Just got in. 1st half We had most of the possession. 2nd half they seemed to be toying with us so it was just a case of when they could be arsed to score. We were toothless, clueless and soon maybe play off less. Feeling gutted as 2 games ago booked up to go to Barnet thinking we could really catch them and now that's all gone to pot. Nothing to lose now in my opinion so let's give Lenny a rest and start with Hamish next week unless the shop is the only undroppable when fit?
Anyone know where Zlatan was or have i missed something?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 14, 2015, 5:23pm; Reply: 12
Jolley for Neilson doesn't look a particularly good swap does it? Neither central striker is a true striker. You need someone a goal sniffer, someone like a Tubbs to turn a game with a half chance when things are not going well. We can't keep saying we were unlucky when we all know that's been the missing link for a long time.
Posted by: Vance Warner, February 14, 2015, 5:26pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

OG wasnt it?!?!?!

Still counts though. If we hadn't been putting them under pressure it wouldn't have happened. Combine that with some good chances missed last week and a disallowed goal today and it seems harsh to say we haven't looked like scoring.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, February 14, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 14
1 shot on target in 95 mins every other team in this league did better.
Posted by: misterx, February 14, 2015, 5:29pm; Reply: 15
Poor performance .. We lack in midfield it's the worst I have seen for some time.  Just shows how bad the league is this season when we are top 6 with such a poor home record...thankfully only 6 home games left this season
Posted by: cardiffmariner, February 14, 2015, 5:34pm; Reply: 16
Vance, wasn't there today so can only go by the commentary which stated pretty clearly Mildenhall hardly had a save to make. The 'goal' was offside and we ended up with nil.

Was there last week and we did not really look like scoring. We had a free kick which their guy, under no pressure, headed in when he should have headed it out.  We put together very few passages of play in which we looked like troubling them.

It's pretty clear where our problems lie, and have done the whole time Hurst has been here.

This is not a moan as so many want to label opinions they don't agree with, and neither do I veer from euphoria one week to utter pessimism the next. I want a manager who can build a team to challenge for the top - Hurst still hasn't.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 14, 2015, 5:36pm; Reply: 17
They were better than us in every department and won most of the midfield battles. We never at any stage looked like we could get a goal. Said to my brother at half time, they are going to get one at some point and see the game out, which is exactly what they did.
Posted by: blundellpork, February 14, 2015, 5:45pm; Reply: 18
Fairly tight game which could have easily ended 0-0. In my opinion there was only ever going to be one goal in it, and Bristol were the more likely to get it. They were a very compact hard working unit who won most challenges and hunted us down quickly when we had the ball. At this rate they may go on to overhaul Barnet, whilst we aim to cling on to 5th spot.

Quite simply we are too predictable and rarely offered any slick first time play. When we went behind it called for 2/3 substitutions to shake things up, but instead we got one at a time and like for like.

Realistically I think we are aiming for 5th, but I wouldn't fancy our chances if we ended up playing Bristol at either semi, or play off final.

Porky
Posted by: Madeleymariner, February 14, 2015, 5:57pm; Reply: 19
Hurst sounds his usual deluded self, he should be ripping into the players public or not
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 14, 2015, 5:58pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Hurst sounds his usual deluded self, he should be ripping into the players public or not

Do you reckon he ever shouts???

Posted by: promotion plaice, February 14, 2015, 6:03pm; Reply: 21
That's another Saturday feeling down then, i just hope Hurst can somehow bluff his way into getting Town promoted. I don't care how we do it now
as long as it happens.
Playoffs is now the target and then it is a 25% chance lottery, you have to be in it to win it, simples.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 14, 2015, 6:03pm; Reply: 22
What's worrying is I can't fault the players application at all. They gave everything and it was clear from relatively early on that it wouldn't be enough to win the game, Rovers always looked like nicking a goal or two. Mckeown made at least two top saves where as Mildenhall didn't have to make any stops of note. I know it's late in the season but I really do think we have the personel suited to 4-3-3. Lenny is undroppable for some reason, his second touch is always a tackle and he can't hit a cows bottom with a banjo. I don't see any real creativity as we stand against any half decent sides.

We need to get the best out of the players we have, I don't think we are doing that at the moment. If we played a midfield three of Clay holding, with Disley and Paddy in front (not too keen on the glove wearer but he is creative as long as he's in a three with two doing the work) then we can fully utilise Jack Macreth or Nathan Arnold and definitely Christian Jolley who wants balls in front of him, not to his feet with the need to track back and cover his full back. Macreth would benefit from not having to cover Magnay. The league title has gone now, we are still well placed to make the play offs but I fear if we play the likes of Bristol Rovers, FGR even then we won't have enough over two legs as we are. Change the shape to suit the players we have at the club. No more round pegs in square holes.
Posted by: fleabag1970, February 14, 2015, 6:58pm; Reply: 23
[quote=39007]So flipping predictable.  2 games ago it was all optimisim and a view of 3 games, 9 points and a title challenge. Before the final whistle we have comments like this.

spoiler alert , spoiler alert     ................I know how the story ends that's why I posted before the game finished ........... Look away now if you don't wish to know the out come ............................. WE DONT GO UP !!
Posted by: LH, February 14, 2015, 7:03pm; Reply: 24
Bad VP. There is no such thing as over and out.
Posted by: fleabag1970, February 14, 2015, 7:11pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from LH
Bad VP. There is no such thing as over and out.

Sorry  I should of put  " Good By " ............................................................
Posted by: DocTower, February 14, 2015, 7:44pm; Reply: 26
All too predictable  , another no show when we hoped we would but deep down we knew we wouldn't  . Although the season isn't  over , it does feel like it now for many . Barnet on Saturday ,, loose that then I do feel we will be scrapping for 5th place . Lower teams to play but our record against then isn't good either .
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 14, 2015, 11:16pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from blundellpork
Fairly tight game which could have easily ended 0-0. In my opinion there was only ever going to be one goal in it, and Bristol were the more likely to get it. They were a very compact hard working unit who won most challenges and hunted us down quickly when we had the ball. At this rate they may go on to overhaul Barnet, whilst we aim to cling on to 5th spot.

Quite simply we are too predictable and rarely offered any slick first time play. When we went behind it called for 2/3 substitutions to shake things up, but instead we got one at a time and like for like.

Realistically I think we are aiming for 5th, but I wouldn't fancy our chances if we ended up playing Bristol at either semi, or play off final.

Porky

Could easily have ended up 0-4 if Macca hadn't pulled off some great saves and their guy had scored the penalty.

Posted by: acko338, February 15, 2015, 9:50am; Reply: 28
Bristol had the better game plan - little nudges as balls were played up and through, no time for any of the Town midfield to turn and run - they could trap a ball when delivered, we didn't.

We played the ball too slowly to standing players with little or no movement up front - J -L l was being tightly marked and his own ball control was atrocious all game - needs a rest !!

The move for the disallowed goal was Town's only REAL frightener for them and showed their real frailty if we had played faster and a bit more direct, given the players on the park.

If we HAD equalised it would have been rough justice for Rovers' game plan.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 3:15am