Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 13, 2015, 3:16pm
Decent interview with our former custodian.  Kind words about his time here.

[youtube]u1DC_Q8Nj7w[/youtube]
Posted by: gtfc98, February 13, 2015, 3:59pm; Reply: 1
He was a bloody good keeper.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 13, 2015, 4:07pm; Reply: 2
It's not often you get 2 players going back to their old clubs when both should get a great reception from the other teams fans.

I'm sure their fans will give Disley a warm reception and I'd hope that we give the same to Mildenhall.
Posted by: ska face, February 13, 2015, 4:18pm; Reply: 3
He got a great reception off the town fans down at their place and should hopefully get the same tomorrow.

I'll be applauding him purely for his efforts outside Gullies after the Lincoln play-off semi in 2006.
Posted by: cardiffmariner, February 13, 2015, 4:23pm; Reply: 4
Many of the fans down here didn't rate him and referred to Disley as Dismal.  Not saying he won't get a decent reception but don't think he was held in the same regard we might hold Mildenhall.

How was he received on the opening day of the season? Couldn't make it - on holiday when Town were playing two minutes from my house!
Posted by: gtfc98, February 13, 2015, 4:33pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from cardiffmariner
Many of the fans down here didn't rate him and referred to Disley as Dismal.  Not saying he won't get a decent reception but don't think he was held in the same regard we might hold Mildenhall.

How was he received on the opening day of the season? Couldn't make it - on holiday when Town were playing two minutes from my house!

Really? Pretty sure they were all begging him to go there when he was out of contract in the summer! A bit of a gas legend by all accoutns.
Posted by: cardiffmariner, February 13, 2015, 4:42pm; Reply: 6
Yep.  Mind you, just because a few guys I know don't rate him, doesn't mean there aren't plenty who do.  Look at the arguing on here over our players!
Posted by: BIGChris, February 13, 2015, 6:00pm; Reply: 7
The Brizzle message boards all seem to say Disley was a legend for them. He appeared in over 230 games for them whilst Mildenhall played for one season for us
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 13, 2015, 6:43pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from BIGChris
The Brizzle message boards all seem to say Disley was a legend for them. He appeared in over 230 games for them whilst Mildenhall played for one season for us

I've not seen a bad word said about Disley by their fans too.
Posted by: Caesar, February 13, 2015, 7:25pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from cardiffmariner

He got a great reception from the Rovers fans, as did Steve from the Town fans.  Think Dis was applauded by the whole ground iirc.
Posted by: cardiffmariner, February 13, 2015, 10:43pm; Reply: 10
Fair play guys, only repeating what the rovers fans I know have said to me. Fact is some weren't impressed - hence the question about his reception here.

If I only looked at message boards, I might be forgiven for thinking that a fair section of the town fans haven't wanted him in the team for the last 12 months either!

Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 7:38pm