Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, February 9, 2015, 4:37pm
Seems they have sold so far around 260 of their near 1100 allocation which is disappointing. It would be good to see a decent away following for once
Posted by: easypeersy, February 9, 2015, 4:42pm; Reply: 1
Very disappointing. I reckon 450 will be their away support in the end.
Posted by: LH, February 9, 2015, 4:49pm; Reply: 2
Tinpot ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 9, 2015, 4:53pm; Reply: 3
Can't see them bringing more than 500 to be honest.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 9, 2015, 5:01pm; Reply: 4
If we hadn't made it all ticket they'd have brought 3000, absolutely no doubt about it.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 9, 2015, 6:37pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Abdul19
If we hadn't made it all ticket they'd have brought 3000, absolutely no doubt about it.

Good job we did then,

The Osmond does not hold 3,000.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, February 9, 2015, 8:08pm; Reply: 6
To be fair, it's miles and the weather is dodgy. A few could turn up on the day surely, or is it no ticket sales on the day when it's all ticket?
Posted by: chaos33, February 9, 2015, 10:14pm; Reply: 7
How many did we take there? I doubt we had more than 500.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 9, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from chaos33
How many did we take there? I doubt we had more than 500.

Officially 452.
Posted by: oldun, February 9, 2015, 10:22pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin

Officially 452.

But it was on TV.
Posted by: Belfast Town, February 9, 2015, 10:24pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin

Officially 452.

But it was a lunchtime kick off, live on Tv, with fans still hurting from the way the previous season ended.  If the fixture was reversed now we'd be taking loads more, methinks.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 10, 2015, 7:22am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Belfast Town

But it was a lunchtime kick off, live on Tv, with fans still hurting from the way the previous season ended.  If the fixture was reversed now we'd be taking loads more, methinks.

Yeah, I'm sure there would have been at least a couple of hundred more if it had been a usual 3pm kick-off.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 10, 2015, 9:01am; Reply: 12
Seemed a lot more than that tbh
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 10, 2015, 12:02pm; Reply: 13
Valentines day as well, I guess their will be a few Pirates who actually care more about the wife or buxom wench than football. (Confused) (piratecap) (drvita)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 10, 2015, 1:35pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Valentines day as well, I guess their will be a few Pirates who actually care more about the wife or buxom wench than football. (Confused) (piratecap) (drvita)

Maybe kill two birds with one stone and bring the blow up doll along for the ride... ;)
Posted by: gtfc98, February 10, 2015, 1:36pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Belfast Town

Do we get extra points for how many away fans we take?
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 10, 2015, 1:53pm; Reply: 16
Would it of been a good idea to have a Valentines day promotion?  That's bring a partner to the game for free!

More males from Bristol would probally turn up and pay, thus filling up the away end, win win situation??

Also we would probally get more home fans turn up?
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 10, 2015, 1:57pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Maybe would of been a good idea to have a Valentines day promotion, bring a partner to the game for free!

More males from Bristol would probally turn up and pay from and fill up the away end, win win situation??

Also we would probally get more home fans turn up?

Great Idea, there would be 7,000 there and a great atmosphere .
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 10, 2015, 2:04pm; Reply: 18
Seen as it's the Mariners vs The Pirates - "Sex on the Decks!" Valentines day promotion, bring your partner to the game for free! lol
Posted by: cmackenzie4, February 10, 2015, 2:13pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Maybe kill two birds with one stone and bring the blow up doll along for the ride... ;)

You mean like this Tim?

http://www.ofah.net/images/danger2.jpg
Posted by: LH, February 10, 2015, 2:14pm; Reply: 20
Nothing says romance more than a pie and a  bovril at Blundell Park. What do some people expect on Valentine's Day?
Posted by: RichMariner, February 10, 2015, 2:21pm; Reply: 21
Bristol Rovers (2nd) have scored exactly the same amount of goals as AFC Telford (23rd).

Both have scored 44 this season - and AFC Telford have two games in hand on them.

Having said that, AFC Telford have conceded 40 more goals than Rovers - and Rovers have got the best defence in the Conference (26 conceded in 33 games).

Still, 44 goals is a remarkably low total for a team challenging for top spot of any division after 33 games - especially when you compare it to Barnet's 72. Even we've got 51 (with a game in hand).
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 10, 2015, 10:59pm; Reply: 22
Same as this would do me on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIVcWbJgrwI

And a couple for the first scorer wouldn't go amiss.
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 11, 2015, 9:02am; Reply: 23
Quoted from RichMariner
Even we've got 51 (with a game in hand).

Take away that 13 goal haul over the Bank Holiday period and our goals column is awful.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 11, 2015, 9:02am; Reply: 24
Quoted from LH
Nothing says romance more than a pie and a  bovril at Blundell Park. What do some people expect on Valentine's Day?

;D I didn't get you roses luv, i got you a ticket to the Main Stand. They've got a bar for half time refreshments.
Posted by: BIGChris, February 11, 2015, 9:04am; Reply: 25
Quoted from diehardmariner

Take away that 13 goal haul over the Bank Holiday period and our goals column is awful.

You mean take away the games when we have scored and then we are shite? ;)
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 11, 2015, 9:19am; Reply: 26
Quoted from BIGChris

You mean take away the games when we have scored and then we are shite? ;)

I knew someone would say that.

You know what I mean! :P
Posted by: Maringer, February 11, 2015, 10:03am; Reply: 27
It's just going the Cambridge route from the other season - keep a tight defence and nick the odd goal here and there to win the games.

Not a problem, providing you don't gift a couple of soft goals to the opposition in the way we did last week!
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:48am