Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, February 4, 2015, 2:41pm
http://m.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-City-Football-Club-plea-cash-face-380-000/story-25972841-detail/story.html
Posted by: Caesar, February 4, 2015, 2:49pm; Reply: 1
Hope they can raise the cash and this isn't too serious, never want to see any club in financial difficulties.
Posted by: Garth, February 4, 2015, 3:06pm; Reply: 2
Don`t want to see a club the size of Lincoln go under, hope they can raise the money
Posted by: RoboCod, February 4, 2015, 3:06pm; Reply: 3
Stuff 'em, giving Town a couple of thousand tickets on Boxing Day would be one way to get cash in, not playing bleedin' Alfreton with 70 fans. Rubbish club.
Posted by: Jaws, February 4, 2015, 3:07pm; Reply: 4
Was in Lincoln high street recently. Got banners begging for supporters, looks desperate but I think we should be advertising more. The telewag isn't as popular as it once was....
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 4, 2015, 3:23pm; Reply: 5
Unfortunately for all of us, staying full time when not in the football league is a costly business. the loss in revenue is dramatic to say the least.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 4, 2015, 3:41pm; Reply: 6
Easy to say people don't give a crap when it comes to other clubs, I felt sorry for Darlington fans, even Lincoln now, at the end of the day it's the people controlling the finances that are responsible for it.

Maybe they will cut the cloth accordingly, and have the fans moaning either way because they don't have a competitive budget.

Could easily happen to Grimsby Town, let's hope we are promoted out this crappy league and get a new stadium asap.

Grimsby Town
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VlFtb1s.png[/img]
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 4, 2015, 3:43pm; Reply: 7
Have they got any " assets " we would be interested in ?
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 4, 2015, 3:44pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete
Have they got any " assets " we would be interested in ?
I would sign Hamza Bencherif any day.  He will be back at the league end of the season anyway, League 1 clubs after him.

I bet a 50K bid would of got him, considering he's out of contract at the end of the season.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 4, 2015, 3:45pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Easy to say people don't give a crap when it comes to other clubs, I felt sorry for Darlington fans, even Lincoln now, at the end of the day it's the people controlling the finances that are responsible for it.

Maybe they will cut the cloth accordingly, and have the fans moaning either way because they don't have a competitive budget.

Could easily happen to Grimsby Town, let's hope are promoted out this crappy league and get a new stadium asap.

Grimsby Town
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VlFtb1s.png[/img]

We do not owe the bank,

Just that nice Mr Fenty who does not want it back. 8)
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 4, 2015, 3:58pm; Reply: 10
Some good info on Grimsby Town here >> [url=http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/index.html]http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/index.html[/url]
Quoted from grimsby pete
We do not owe the bank,

Just that nice Mr Fenty who does not want it back. 8)
Losing nearly 1 million in 2011 was absolutely wreckless, I'm glad the club has learned from this.  I guess 2014/15 we will lose around 200-300K again, but it's either that or have the fans moaning about going part-time, or not competitive enough.

People seem to have this fantasy imagination that some rich guy will come in when the club would lose 300k a season with a competitive budget, I don't think they would.

Once we aquire a new stadium and we at least can break even, I think we will be more attractive to the people who want to play "Own a Football Club."
Posted by: psgmariner, February 4, 2015, 3:58pm; Reply: 11
Our festive games against them in recent years have probably been one of the highlights of our time in non league.

#prayforlincoln
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 4, 2015, 4:01pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Some good info on Grimsby Town here >> [url=http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/index.html]http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/index.html[/url]
Losing nearly 1 million in 2011 was absolutely wreckless, I'm glad the club has learned from this.  I guess 2014/15 we will lose around 200-300K again, but it's either than or have the fans moaning about going part-time, or not competitive enough.

People seem to have this fantasy imagination that some rich guy will come in when the club would lose 300k a season with a competitive budget, I don't think they would.

Once we aquire a new stadium and we at least can break even, I think we will be more attactive to the people who want to play "Own a Football Club."

I didn't know the club paid Newell's bar bills. ;D
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 4, 2015, 4:17pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from grimsby pete
We do not owe the bank
£338,150 for 2014? Page 19, bottom right >> [url=http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/accounts/2014/index.html]http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/accounts/2014/index.html[/url]
Posted by: grimps, February 4, 2015, 7:00pm; Reply: 14
Good luck to the Gimps  :-/
Be a shame to lose them but really their lack of fans has to be the main problem,I cant blame them for not going either with the shite big boot football they've had to put up with over the last 30 years
Posted by: BIGChris, February 4, 2015, 7:57pm; Reply: 15
Football at our level and probably the next level or two above isn't a viable banking proposition as Lincoln have found. The Co-Op want repayment and despite touting the business around no other banks are interested. Banks will still finance sustainable, profitable businesses but football clubs simply don't fall into that category.  Non predictable cash flow with small chance of repaying loans unless, to quote a certain gent, they get football fortune. Unfortunately fortune isn't an acceptable proposition to the banks.

Sad reflection of the football world when there is so much money at the top level with players being paid such substantial sums and agents and even the chairman of the PFA taking obscene amounts from the game.

Should there be a more even distribution of wealth or is it the survival of the fittest like in the animal kingdom?
Posted by: Abdul19, February 4, 2015, 8:11pm; Reply: 16
If they did go bust at least we wouldn't lose any points.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 4, 2015, 8:14pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Abdul19
If they did go bust at least we wouldn't lose any points.

Oh the irony! Lincoln could actually benefit us in going up  ;D
Posted by: acko338, February 4, 2015, 8:23pm; Reply: 18
How soon before the maths table of lost points is published ?
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 4, 2015, 8:32pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

That would be the irony of all ironies especially after they gloating like no one had ever gloated before when we crashed into the abyss.

I would have some sympathy for the genuine Lincoln fans like Helgy but not the biftas that inhabit Gimps Vital, fcuk them.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 4, 2015, 8:48pm; Reply: 20
Maybe the £6:17 squadron can help out with pocket money
Posted by: BeesKnees, February 4, 2015, 10:39pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Lincoln did the double over Barnet

Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 4, 2015, 11:18pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from BIGChris
Football at our level and probably the next level or two above isn't a viable banking proposition as Lincoln have found. The Co-Op want repayment and despite touting the business around no other banks are interested. Banks will still finance sustainable, profitable businesses but football clubs simply don't fall into that category.  Non predictable cash flow with small chance of repaying loans unless, to quote a certain gent, they get football fortune. Unfortunately fortune isn't an acceptable proposition to the banks.

Sad reflection of the football world when there is so much money at the top level with players being paid such substantial sums and agents and even the chairman of the PFA taking obscene amounts from the game.

Should there be a more even distribution of wealth or is it the survival of the fittest like in the animal kingdom?

The thing is with the animal kingdom, if the "weakest" at the bottom of the food chain die out, so do those at the top. Or put another way, a parasite does not kill its host.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 5, 2015, 9:40am; Reply: 23
Lincoln City chairman Bob Dorrian Q&A over Imps in crisis

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-City-boss-Bob-Dorrian-Q-Imps-crisis/story-25979074-detail/story.html?
Posted by: RoboCod, February 5, 2015, 10:34am; Reply: 24
Quoted from promotion plaice

The club says it is going nowhere.

Unfortunate wording,
Posted by: supertown, February 5, 2015, 10:55am; Reply: 25
They would survive the season anyway so points dropped don't come into it but it does sound desperate
Posted by: horsforthmariner, February 5, 2015, 11:46am; Reply: 26
Lincoln will just have to restructure. I suspect they will become part time and be stuck down here for decades possible dropping down into the Conference North.
Posted by: WappingMariner, February 6, 2015, 1:18am; Reply: 27
Bob Dorrian said in 2010 that he had a five year plan to get Lincoln to the Championship (they were in League Two then). I feel sorry for Lincoln fans. No fan of any club, especially at our level, should have no team to support. That's how bad the situation at Lincoln is, though. We bemoan Fenty but Christ at least we still have the hope that Town will continue to be a football club as we know it.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 6, 2015, 6:06am; Reply: 28
Lincoln City also asked for our beloved majority shareholders opinion on how to remain in the football league...they went down that year.

Every club is in state like that at our level. The difference is it often doesn't come in a hammer blow like what has happened at Lincoln. They'll pull through but it shouldn't be such a surprise that a restructuring is needed. It was know last year that players were chipping in of buses etc for away games and they have notoriously always been poor wage payers.

Don't forget all the issues within their supporters trust too, couple that with poor attendances and its a difficult time for them but I still see them pulling through.

Kind of funny though that the day after some of their fans called Alfreton tinpot, the league tinpot etc that this comes out...
Posted by: Trawler, February 6, 2015, 7:56am; Reply: 29
Quoted from WappingMariner
Bob Dorrian said in 2010 that he had a five year plan to get Lincoln to the Championship (they were in League Two then). I feel sorry for Lincoln fans. No fan of any club, especially at our level, should have no team to support. That's how bad the situation at Lincoln is, though. We bemoan Fenty but Christ at least we still have the hope that Town will continue to be a football club as we know it.

Amen.
Posted by: RoboCod, February 6, 2015, 8:26am; Reply: 30
The general feeling in Lincoln is that this is a step too far, fans are being asked to donate again for the 3rd or 4th time in recent times to prop this club up. From the people I know there is a certain reluctance to do that, it's seen as some giant money pit that just absorbs money with little or no return. The crowd funding movement will be interesting, £350,000 is an awful lot to ask.

I suggest they make a documentary on the whole affair. They could call it 'Skint'(sneaky2)
Posted by: Chopper_imp, February 6, 2015, 11:55pm; Reply: 31
Hey guys!

Friendly Imp here who has set up a pledge site for Save The Imps

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-the-imps-2/

I would love for you guys to help us out(Can't believe i'm saying this!!)  ;D ;D

We're currently at 2% of the target of £100,000

Thanks

Matt
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 7, 2015, 12:53am; Reply: 32
Good luck to them, I've no issue with them. Course, they are a smaller club that have an irrational hatred of us. To me, they are nothing, but I wish them luck. Though I don't see why or how they signed players last transfer window knowing the state of the accounts. Surely, staying in the division would have been better than chasing the dream. Or even relegation and survival?
Posted by: aldi_01, February 7, 2015, 7:45am; Reply: 33
I think all the talk to play offs and potential promotion is coming more from the fans. I know the manager has said similar things but I suspect that is to keep the support of the few fans they have.

Sadly for Lincoln their supporters trust aren't much use. Is there still an investigation in to them?

Very sad state of affairs that on a day when we are being fed excrement from Sky that some teams will make £8m from one game being on TV yet most clubs in England would and do struggle to get a couple of hundred grand together to keep their club going.

But of course those arm chair, non football types who 'like' arsenal or scumchester and the likes will say it's a good thing and it shows how valuable our game is...I hope it hurries the intercourse up and goes bang...
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 7, 2015, 10:22am; Reply: 34
The sponsorship from sky will only go bang when those are chair supporters realise that they have contributed to only making the 6 big clubs so rich that no one else can realistically compete. The game we fell in love with died years ago, a revolution is really needed like breakaway league, Blatter is mad enough to vote it  ;D

I think that Lincoln fans can see that we are more genuine football fans than they thought we were but I will never forget that a good portion of their's and Scunthorpe's fans wish only ill on us and that we went bust.
Posted by: H19P1, February 7, 2015, 10:34am; Reply: 35
Crazy thoughts but, with the possibility of Lincoln folding would they be welcome by joining forces with the mighty mariners? Will it make us sustainably stronger or have an opposite effect?
Posted by: gary_elton, February 7, 2015, 10:36am; Reply: 36
erm.... no...... simples.. we is Grimsby... no one else
Posted by: highcliff mariner, February 7, 2015, 10:47am; Reply: 37
Quoted from H19P1
Crazy thoughts but, with the possibility of Lincoln folding would they be welcome by joining forces with the mighty mariners? Will it make us sustainably stronger or have an opposite effect?

No !  and go wash your mouth out .
Posted by: H19P1, February 7, 2015, 10:55am; Reply: 38
Told you it was crazy, sorry chaps I'll keep ideas like that to myself :-) just thinking about the future of our amazing club but I'm sure we'll be just fine. UTM
Posted by: psgmariner, February 9, 2015, 12:38pm; Reply: 39
http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Manager-Chris-Moyses-targeting-new-signings/story-25992952-detail/story.html

No money but planning on signing new players. It has worked at other clubs....

Think I will be keeping my wallet closed.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, February 9, 2015, 1:08pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from psgmariner
http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Manager-Chris-Moyses-targeting-new-signings/story-25992952-detail/story.html

This!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 9, 2015, 3:03pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from psgmariner

If that is true and they do I hope they go into admin, get relegated 5 levels and we never have to play them again?

Posted by: moosey_club, February 9, 2015, 4:04pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from H19P1

Grimpsby Town ?

Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 9, 2015, 6:40pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Chopper_imp
Hey guys!

Friendly Imp here who has set up a pledge site for Save The Imps

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-the-imps-2/

I would love for you guys to help us out(Can't believe i'm saying this!!)  ;D ;D

We're currently at 2% of the target of £100,000

Thanks

Matt

Interesting that you are allegedly in financial trouble as I played golf on Saturday with son of a former Lincoln player and employee who assures me that Lincoln still own six properties in the City that have historically been used to accommodate players etc during the week. He was pretty confident this was true and hence why the bank requires the Chimps to cash in some of their assets.

If not true wish you well as many of my mates and son in law are season ticket holders and for all our banter (& hatred some Chimps show towards GTFC) I have no wish to see you sink any further (well maybe one league unless we go up then you are welcome to stay in the Conference!!)
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 10:03am