Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: excusebeef, February 4, 2015, 1:23pm
Just seen our next three games are Forest Green, Bristol and Barnet. Talk about make or break!

In three games time we will know one way or another if we are a) playoff contenders b) playoff guaranteed or c) promotion condenders

Trying to think of the last time town had a run of three games to make/save a season? For me I recall the year when we won three on the bounce in the championship on the last three matches. Away West Brom then home to Fulham last game to avoid the drop. Forget the third from last match
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 4, 2015, 1:28pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from excusebeef
Just seen our next three games are Forest Green, Bristol and Barnet. Talk about make or break!

In three games time we will know one way or another if we are a) playoff contenders b) playoff guaranteed or c) promotion condenders

Trying to think of the last time town had a run of three games to make/save a season? For me I recall the year when we won three on the bounce in the championship on the last three matches. Away West Brom then home to Fulham last game to avoid the drop. Forget the third from last match

Easy peasy lemon squeezie. All 9 points !
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 4, 2015, 1:29pm; Reply: 2
And I thought this was going to be about the latest GET article from our king of spin Mr Fenty  ;)
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 4, 2015, 1:37pm; Reply: 3
If we get a win on Sat in the village of Nailsworh followed by a home win v Brizzle Rovers then the Barnet away game is going to be VERY VERY exciting. A HUGE army of Town fans backing the boys for the points to wobble Barnet and make them know that WE ARE TOWN and WE WANT TO BE CHAMPIONS
Posted by: Caesar, February 4, 2015, 2:40pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from MuddyWaters
And I thought this was going to be about the latest GET article from our king of spin Mr Fenty  ;)

I thought it was going to be about the decreasing amount of fans "singing when they are fishing".  Two activities I believe Jesus was very fond of. :)

Replying to the actual topic though I agree, 3 huge games, I am well up for it though and hope that come the evening of the 21st Jesus will be celebrating again!

What would people take from these games? I want 9 points but would take 7, think 4 or less would be very dissapionting IMO
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, February 4, 2015, 2:55pm; Reply: 5
Win all 3....and we will go up as Champions
Posted by: Jaws, February 4, 2015, 3:06pm; Reply: 6
I'm just hoping we can play all 3 first!
Posted by: lobsterpot, February 4, 2015, 6:45pm; Reply: 7
Can't wait to visit FGR this weekend and try 1 of their legendary dog$hit and tea leaf pies!
Posted by: gary_elton, February 4, 2015, 7:59pm; Reply: 8
going to FGR and Barnet....  bring it on !!!  300+ this Saturday makin a racket... and
hopefully 600 or so at Barnet.. ( a 1,000 if we do FGR and Brizzle )...

exciting times....  (groupwave)
Posted by: bobbyturtle, February 4, 2015, 10:55pm; Reply: 9
is jesus weapt a lincolnshire pysch/punk/hillbilly/folk band? jesus wept
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 4, 2015, 10:56pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from bobbyturtle
is jesus weapt a lincolnshire pysch/punk/hillbilly/folk band? jesus wept

I thought he played for Chelsea.... ;D

Posted by: bobbyturtle, February 4, 2015, 10:57pm; Reply: 11
2 wins and a draw utm
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 4, 2015, 11:24pm; Reply: 12
That's a very apt phrase for us (hopefully). From Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_wept

"This verse occurs in John's narrative of the death of Lazarus, a follower of Jesus. Lazarus' sisters Mary and Martha sent word to Jesus of their brother's illness and impending death, but Jesus arrived four days after Lazarus died. Jesus, after talking to the grieving sisters and seeing Lazarus' friends weeping, was deeply troubled and moved. After asking where Lazarus had been laid, and being invited to come see, Jesus wept."

Are we Lazarus in this context?

"He went to the tomb and told the people to remove the stone covering it, prayed aloud to his Father, and ordered Lazarus to come out, resurrected."

Incidentally, having watched that Melvyn Bragg prig on BBC earlier, I suspect it's from the Tyndale translation and predates the King James Bible.  ;)
Posted by: oldun, February 5, 2015, 4:59pm; Reply: 13
A draw at FGR and a win over Bristol would not be a bad outcome
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:26am