Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BPMariner, February 3, 2015, 1:28pm
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/vanarama-big-day-out-2245401.aspx I'm seriously thinking about it.
Posted by: gary_elton, February 3, 2015, 1:32pm; Reply: 1
not sure about this... I'd rather wait and see... but then again...

guess who is workin in Spain for a week when the final is ?? yep.....

not good planning !!!  :-/
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 3, 2015, 1:45pm; Reply: 2
Depends on if you want to watch Barnet play Bristol Rovers. :)
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 3, 2015, 3:25pm; Reply: 3
I'm tempted too.

Hoping there's a bit more clarity before they go on sale though.  Is the voucher you get allocated to a certain seat at Wembley or can it be exchanged for any ticket when they go on sale.

If it's allocated to a certain seat it will potentially put people off a bit, wanting to sit with family/friends etc. who might not be season ticket holders.

Good idea though.  Pleased they're bringing the prices down, would still prefer the final played somewhere else (more central, smaller ground).
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 3, 2015, 3:27pm; Reply: 4
Could be a disaster, sat in the Grimsby end with around 5000 fans from all over the country ?
Posted by: psgmariner, February 3, 2015, 3:33pm; Reply: 5
I think I read it will be a special section for the £10 day trippers.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, February 3, 2015, 3:34pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from psgmariner
I think I read it will be a special section for the £10 day trippers.

Great! All the cheapskates and bargain hunters kettled together, probably with a big neon sign too. ;-)
Posted by: BIGChris, February 3, 2015, 4:33pm; Reply: 7
If Town get there surely you want to be sat with fellow Mariners and not  the Welling or Southport massive?
Posted by: Jaws, February 3, 2015, 4:37pm; Reply: 8
Could work badly for us, I get the impression that we're one of the least liked teams in the league. We don't need more opposing fans.
Posted by: gary_elton, February 3, 2015, 4:47pm; Reply: 9
There's only one way to find out......  FIGHT !!!!!  ;)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 3, 2015, 5:32pm; Reply: 10
You are buying a voucher that can be exchanged for a ticket later, either home end, away end or neutral section, depending who gets to Wembley.
Posted by: Caesar, February 3, 2015, 5:54pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
You are buying a voucher that can be exchanged for a ticket later, either home end, away end or neutral section, depending who gets to Wembley.

That will probablly make it worth it then.  Although it seems like being presumptous of Town getting there and I will struggle to make myself go if we have failed to get there ourselves.

If we get there though and there are more nuetrals against us then us, so what?  They will be unlikely to make much noise and hopefully it will encourage all of us to up our game!  

Fingers crossed though this conversation is academic as recent form has certainly got us all looking upwards again!
Posted by: ginnywings, February 3, 2015, 7:51pm; Reply: 12
Got no interest unless Town are there, then who gives a chuff what it costs.
Posted by: gary_elton, February 4, 2015, 1:15pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from ginnywings
Got no interest unless Town are there, then who gives a chuff what it costs.

this
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 4, 2015, 11:40pm; Reply: 14
I've tried for two days now and I'm still struggling to find a good pun.

Man a drama Big Gay Out?
Posted by: TonySmith, February 5, 2015, 1:22am; Reply: 15
Well if it's not worth a pun, perhaps it's at least worth a metaphor or a simile?
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 8:43am