Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, February 2, 2015, 12:07pm
Denny Johnstone a striker who has been on loan at Macclesfield from Birmingham (and was expected to stay for the rest of the season) has now joined Cheltenham. He scored against us at BP
Posted by: LH, February 2, 2015, 12:25pm; Reply: 1
Hopefully Town do one of them wind-up signing alert things on the OS where they tie a few players to longer contracts and try and pass it off as a new signing. It would actually be appreciated this year.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 2, 2015, 12:27pm; Reply: 2
Was hoping Akinde would be moving to his 47th different club, but anything that weakens our rivals is good news. On paper, we have strengthened up front better than the other contenders, he says hopefully.
Posted by: acko338, February 2, 2015, 3:07pm; Reply: 3
Akinde might suit Chesterfield after Eion Doyle moves on to Cardiff ??
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 2, 2015, 3:08pm; Reply: 4
Barnet would be mad to sell him now.
Posted by: Corkyefes, February 2, 2015, 3:17pm; Reply: 5
In my opinion, John Akinde has found his level.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 2, 2015, 3:21pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
Barnet would be mad to sell him now.

Money talks though!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 2, 2015, 3:28pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin

Money talks though!

Especially when he was homesick 15 miles down the road
Posted by: Maringer, February 2, 2015, 3:48pm; Reply: 8
It's quite funny looking at the Transfer Deadline Day page on the BBC web site. They are so desperate for there to be some sort of big money moves, but nothing at all is happening. It's like the cricket commentary when it has been rained off.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 2, 2015, 4:10pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Maringer
It's quite funny looking at the Transfer Deadline Day page on the BBC web site. They are so desperate for there to be some sort of big money moves, but nothing at all is happening. It's like the cricket commentary when it has been rained off.

What's your value in the market?

Text us on 81111
Posted at
With clubs up and down the country looking for a bargain, today we're asking you: What is your value in the transfer market? And what would it take to convince you to join your rivals?

Christ.
Posted by: psgmariner, February 2, 2015, 5:59pm; Reply: 10
Dayle Southwell linked with Walsall, York and Southend. Probably Twitter balderdash tho.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 2, 2015, 8:35pm; Reply: 11
Just see this pop up on Sky Sports Transfer Centre.

8:17pm Colchester striker Dan Holman has joined Dover on loan. The forward, who has also spent time on loan with Aldershot and Wrexham, will remain with Dover for the rest of the season.
Posted by: gary_elton, February 2, 2015, 9:47pm; Reply: 12
Never heard of him... hopefully Town aren't trembling too much...  ;)
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 2, 2015, 9:50pm; Reply: 13
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31096581

Don't know if this link will work but is this players name a pi.ss take with the hair he's got ? Looks like a healthy crop of skunk on his head .

Scroll the link down btw
Posted by: fiveallive, February 2, 2015, 11:08pm; Reply: 14
I didn't think a player could play for more then two clubs in a season this would be Dan Holman third loan spell plus he also signed for Colchester in the summer. So i didn't think he would be allowed to play.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 2, 2015, 11:11pm; Reply: 15
Emergency loans aren't included in that rule (Christian Jolley has also played for 3 clubs this season)
Posted by: LH, February 2, 2015, 11:17pm; Reply: 16
All those adverts Sky were putting on for Deadline Day and nothing interesting has happened. I know January usually is a pretty poor one but when you're waiting on confirmation of transfers for Darren Fletcher and Carlton Cole you've got to wonder if it was worth buying all the yellow clothes.
Posted by: gtfc98, February 3, 2015, 12:28am; Reply: 17
Quoted from LH
All those adverts Sky were putting on for Deadline Day and nothing interesting has happened. I know January usually is a pretty poor one but when you're waiting on confirmation of transfers for Darren Fletcher and Carlton Cole you've got to wonder if it was worth buying all the yellow clothes.

Man Utd did sign a left back on loan who's spent the first half of the season on loan at plymouth argyle! Strange one
Posted by: TongueAndCheek, February 3, 2015, 12:44am; Reply: 18
Newcastle loan Rangers 5 players. Mike Ashley doing his bit to secure his place on the board. Dubious IMO
Posted by: TongueAndCheek, February 3, 2015, 12:44am; Reply: 19
Newcastle loan Rangers 5 players. Mike Ashley doing his bit to secure his place on the board. Dubious IMO
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 3, 2015, 5:52am; Reply: 20
Quoted from TongueAndCheek

I thought the £20m benign loan had done that!

Fair play though, why not loan players between your 2 clubs. Am sure there's some black hole where money would be paid to either club. Synic and sceptical?  :P
Posted by: pizzzza, February 3, 2015, 7:22am; Reply: 21
No one here has mentioned Cuadrado?  Quite some player,  looking forward to seeing him in the Prem.
Posted by: LH, February 3, 2015, 10:24am; Reply: 22
Quoted from gtfc98

Man Utd did sign a left back on loan who's spent the first half of the season on loan at plymouth argyle! Strange one

Got to be a Makofo-esque error. Although I've seen he's signed to cover in the youth team.
Posted by: forza ivano, February 3, 2015, 11:43am; Reply: 23
Included in the Newcastle Rangers deal was a loan for Remi Street who was linked with us a year or 2 ago. Another mover was Marvin Morgan who we were rumoured to be interested in many moons ago. He's gone from Plymouth - Hartlepool on loan - which i doubt is within commuting range!
Finally Kiddy continue to lose players. The excellent Marvin Johnson got himself a nice move to Motherwell
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 4:46pm