Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 28, 2015, 3:04pm
http://www.gateshead-fc.com/5282/wrexham-game-off?  ;D

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wrexham-fcs-fa-trophy-replay-8532067?  ;D
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 28, 2015, 3:16pm; Reply: 1
Lol

And just seen paddys goal............(blink2)
Posted by: Jaws, January 28, 2015, 3:25pm; Reply: 2
Hahaha

I didn't want to, but you said I had to  :(
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 28, 2015, 3:30pm; Reply: 3
Thank God we're out of that bloody thing now and can solely concentrate on getting out of this bloody league.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, January 28, 2015, 3:32pm; Reply: 4
Just shows we are a run of 4 great results
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 28, 2015, 3:34pm; Reply: 5
When Gateshead come to us in the league they will be knacked,

After playing 4 games a week. ;D
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 28, 2015, 3:47pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Les Brechin
Thank God we're out of that bloody thing now and can solely concentrate on getting out of this bloody league.

This.
Posted by: fishheadphil, January 28, 2015, 4:27pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin

A great piece in the paper from your good self les! I too was at that game and was right at the fence when cunno was trying to climb it!!! Real passion from a great player.
Posted by: barralad, January 28, 2015, 5:19pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

Does anyone on here "follow" (I believe that is the correct terminology?) Keats? If they do would they kindly inform him it is "should have" not "should of"

Thanks,

A Pedant...
Posted by: pizzzza, January 28, 2015, 5:22pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from barralad

Does anyone on here "follow" (I believe that is the correct terminology?) Keats? If they do would they kindly inform him it is "should have" not "should of"

Thanks,

A Pedant...

I assume you mean "Keates"?

A Pedant

Posted by: barralad, January 28, 2015, 5:31pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from pizzzza

I assume you mean "Keates"?

A Pedant

Says the person who cannot spell PIZZA FFS.... :) 8)

No actually I was referring to the Romantic 18th/19th century English poet who regrettably died far too young in Italy in the 1820s. A well known tweeter of his time it is a little known fact that his "Ode to a Nightingale" was the very first poem to be launched on ye olde twittere. 8)
That Keats of course would have rendered my original post superfluous because he most definitely knew the difference between "of" and "have"....
Posted by: Teestogreen, January 28, 2015, 5:35pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from barralad

No actually I was referring to the Romantic 18th/19th century English poet who regrettably died far too young in Italy in the 1820s. A well known tweeter of his time it is a little known fact that his "Ode to a Nightingale" was the very first poem to be launched on ye olde twittere. 8)
That Keats of course would have rendered my original post superfluous because he most definitely knew the difference between "of" and "have"....

8) ;D
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 28, 2015, 5:38pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from barralad

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2pq2dty.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: ginnywings, January 28, 2015, 6:23pm; Reply: 13
I think the phrase is "hoisted by your own petard" Barralad.  ;D
Posted by: barralad, January 28, 2015, 6:47pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings

Sirrah I shall do thee for plagiarism

Signed

The Bard....
Posted by: nomorefourfiveone, January 28, 2015, 7:06pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from ginnywings

ooh, a pedants thread... always keen to play:
The phrase is actually "HOIST with his own petard" (not hoisted)
From Shakespeare (William, not Craig) ‘'Tis sport to have the engineer Hoist with his own petard’
Posted by: forza ivano, January 28, 2015, 7:09pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from nomorefourfiveone

From Shakespeare (William, not Craig) ‘'Tis sport to have the engineer Hoist with his own petard’

So who was Hoist the engineer? Was he famous?
Posted by: nomorefourfiveone, January 28, 2015, 7:12pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from forza ivano

So who was Hoist the engineer? Was he famous?

Shakey doesn't say but he clearly went everywhere with his petard which I believe is a kid of small dog used in the middle ages to keep ones willy warm on a cold night
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 28, 2015, 7:50pm; Reply: 18

Not being pedantic, but is it "a pedants thread", or "a pedant's thread", or both?
Posted by: nomorefourfiveone, January 28, 2015, 9:05pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

Not being pedantic, but is it "a pedants thread", or "a pedant's thread", or both?

quite right too! I meant pedants (as in more than one pedant) as an adjective describing the thread rather than trying to infer 'possession' of the thread by one or more pedants (pedant's for one, but would it be pedants' for more than one?) but on reflection I'm not convinced it would be right of me to use several pedants in adjectival form but then again I'm not convinced that I it wrong either. e.g. sports medicine: the branch of medicine that covers a number of sports (the sport is descriptive and not possessive of the medicine so requires no possessive apostrophe)

Altogether it is a field of mines but at the moment I'm on the lookout for a petard - it's bloody freezing here
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 28, 2015, 9:17pm; Reply: 20

Did he have a sister?
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 28, 2015, 9:28pm; Reply: 21
Be lucky to get it played next Tuesday, cold and snowy weather for the next 10 days.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 28, 2015, 9:52pm; Reply: 22
Didn't think Hoist was interested in petards, he had more to do with the planets didn't he?
Posted by: forza ivano, January 28, 2015, 10:01pm; Reply: 23
Didn't think Hoist was interested in petards, he had more to do with the planets didn't he?

Must be two of his other relatives who went into construction. Weird names though; passenger and goods
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 28, 2015, 10:05pm; Reply: 24

Shakey doesn't say but he clearly went everywhere with his petard which I believe is a kid of small dog used in the middle ages to keep ones willy warm on a cold night

quite right too! I meant pedants (as in more than one pedant) as an adjective describing the thread rather than trying to infer 'possession' of the thread by one or more pedants (pedant's for one, but would it be pedants' for more than one?) but on reflection I'm not convinced it would be right of me to use several pedants in adjectival form but then again I'm not convinced that I it wrong either. e.g. sports medicine: the branch of medicine that covers a number of sports (the sport is descriptive and not possessive of the medicine so requires no possessive apostrophe)

Altogether it is a field of mines but at the moment I'm on the lookout for a petard - it's bloody freezing here

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/bdo1sm.jpg[/IMG]

Barra has competition, word  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, January 28, 2015, 10:24pm; Reply: 25
Yeah, i know it's from Shakespeare and it may well be hoist and not hoisted but to my mind the hoistee (barralad) had been hoisted, if that makes sense.

Anyway, being conversant with grammar and pronunciation means eff all when i'm fitting a kitchen or constructing a roof, so i'll leave all that tosh to you intellectual types.

Can you do a scarf joint.......................?  Thought not.  ;D
Posted by: Henryscat, January 28, 2015, 10:26pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from ginnywings
Yeah, i know it's from Shakespeare and it may well be hoist and not hoisted but to my mind the hoistee (barralad) had been hoisted, if that makes sense.

Anyway, being conversant with grammar and pronunciation means eff all when i'm fitting a kitchen or constructing a roof, so i'll leave all that tosh to you intellectual types.

No but I once had a joint in scaffer
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 28, 2015, 10:29pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from ginnywings

Only in black & white.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 28, 2015, 10:41pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Henryscat

No but I once had a joint in scaffer

;D
Posted by: pizzzza, January 28, 2015, 10:54pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from barralad

How do you know I was trying to spell pizza if I spelt it wrong?
Posted by: forza ivano, January 28, 2015, 11:07pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from pizzzza

How do you know I was trying to spell pizza if I spelt it wrong?

Very true. The fact that you actually wanted be called piazza is irrelevant ;)
Posted by: gaz57, January 28, 2015, 11:09pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from ginnywings

I tied two town scarves together once.  :P
Posted by: Trawler, January 29, 2015, 9:02am; Reply: 32
Hoist out
Posted by: ginnywings, January 29, 2015, 10:22am; Reply: 33
Quoted from Trawler
Hoist out

;D You from New York?
Posted by: Tinymariner, January 29, 2015, 10:23am; Reply: 34
New Yoik
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 3:04pm