Jolley

Palmer
John-Lewis

Parslow
McLaughlin
Arnold
Neilson or Pittman or Watson Either one of them three
Hannah

Pretty similar to the team last night i have put Neilson on the bench because these games he can produce a bit of magic, but no one knows what go's on behind closed doors so if not Neilson then Pittman or Watson. I would like to start Paddy for Disley don't know if Disley can have the energy for 2 games in a week.
Posted by: willows fc, January 28, 2015, 2:28pm; Reply: 1
Arnold's just had probably his best game in a town shirt an you want to drop him makes sense!!!!!!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 28, 2015, 2:51pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from willows fc
Arnold's just had probably his best game in a town shirt an you want to drop him makes sense!!!!!!

Exactly my thoughts.

More likely is dropping Jolley 'til he gets match fit but we should be able to beat the bottom side with any combination of players in truth. I know you need to play to get match fit, so looks like Jolley and Mackreth will be swapping and changing in games for a while.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 28, 2015, 5:38pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from ginnywings

Exactly my thoughts.

More likely is dropping Jolley 'til he gets match fit but we should be able to beat the bottom side with any combination of players in truth. I know you need to play to get match fit, so looks like Jolley and Mackreth will be swapping and changing in games for a while.

Jolley will not get match fit coming on as a sub for the last 20 or 30 mins,

Best to play him until he drops off at about 60 - 75 mins or so.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 28, 2015, 6:10pm; Reply: 4
Surely we can expect them to come and park the bus so i would go nuts and play ;

Mckeown

Pearson, Toto, Magnay  

Disley       Brown (if fit otherwise Paddy)

Jolley,                                               Arnold

Neilson,  

LJL,     Palmer

Give the front 5 in that formation the freedom to interchange at will and Disley and Brown to not extend much beyond half way.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 28, 2015, 6:29pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete

Jolley will not get match fit coming on as a sub for the last 20 or 30 mins,

Best to play him until he drops off at about 60 - 75 mins or so.

That was my thinking, although he may do it the other way round. Despite what people think of Makreth, he was unlucky to be left out of the team last night and Hurst may start with him after having a look at where Jolley is on the fitness front.
Posted by: chaos33, January 28, 2015, 8:17pm; Reply: 6
I'd go 3 up front on Saturday, or 2 with one in behind.
Posted by: Tommy, January 28, 2015, 8:49pm; Reply: 7
Can't see him changing the shape when we've started a good little run of performances.
Posted by: pizzzza, January 28, 2015, 9:49pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from moosey_club
Surely we can expect them to come and park the bus so i would go nuts and play ;

Mckeown

Pearson, Toto, Magnay  

Neilson,  

LJL,     Palmer

Give the front 5 in that formation the freedom to interchange at will and Disley and Brown to not extend much beyond half way.

80sGlory,  is that you?

Posted by: JMT, January 28, 2015, 9:53pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from pizzzza

80sGlory,  is that you?

Nope, think 80's is still traveling round the official forum by himself making posts and talking to himself on those posts.
Posted by: Garth, January 28, 2015, 10:07pm; Reply: 10
After watching Arnolds performance last night it would be silly to leave him out of the team he deserves a start
Posted by: lee65, January 28, 2015, 11:25pm; Reply: 11
Arnold was excellent last night, even tackling too
Posted by: Tommy, January 28, 2015, 11:32pm; Reply: 12
Wasn't at Eastleigh myself but if Arnold's played well then it'd be silly to drop him.

Rotation is fine within reason but dropping (or resting) players after they've had a good game sends out the wrong messages, for me.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 29, 2015, 12:09am; Reply: 13
Quoted from JMT

Nope, think 80's is still traveling round the official forum by himself making posts and talking to himself on those posts.

He was but he got into a heated debate with himself and his multiple personalities, which ended in a stand off over the best position to play Macca in. None of his multiple personalities will give in first, so he is stuck and needs a reboot.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 29, 2015, 12:09am; Reply: 14
Unchanged, barring injuries
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 29, 2015, 9:09am; Reply: 15
Quoted from moosey_club

Mckeown

Pearson, Toto, Magnay  

Neilson,  

LJL,     Palmer

Only a guess but I'd be surprised if Telford didn't play with only 1 up front so 3 at the back probably a waste of time
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 29, 2015, 9:19am; Reply: 16
Didn't go to Eastleigh but from the views of JT/BIGChris on the radio and numerous posters on here we were dominant and had we taken our shooting boots, would have been out of sight by half-time.  The 1-0 scoreline flattered the in-form home side.

Unless we have injuries absolutely no reason to change the starting eleven.  Plenty of recovery time between Tuesday and Saturday, plus with no other focus than the league we're unlikely to be dragged into a stupid situation of playing 4 games in 11 days.

No resting players required.  The only thing I would like to see is us very comfortable by 60 minutes and then use the remaining half hour to give game time to those who have fallen out of the starting eleven but may be required in the coming weeks (Pittman, Mackreth for example).  
Posted by: Garth, January 29, 2015, 9:35am; Reply: 17
Quoted from diehardmariner
Didn't go to Eastleigh but from the views of JT/BIGChris on the radio and numerous posters on here we were dominant and had we taken our shooting boots, would have been out of sight by half-time.  The 1-0 scoreline flattered the in-form home side.

Unless we have injuries absolutely no reason to change the starting eleven.  Plenty of recovery time between Tuesday and Saturday, plus with no other focus than the league we're unlikely to be dragged into a stupid situation of playing 4 games in 11 days.

No resting players required.  The only thing I would like to see is us very comfortable by 60 minutes and then use the remaining half hour to give game time to those who have fallen out of the starting eleven but may be required in the coming weeks (Pittman, Mackreth for example).  

Too soon for Pittman to risk further damage to his hamstring, Hannah,Watson, Nielson and Paddy could be used in any order however should the scoreline allow some leeway for change
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 29, 2015, 9:38am; Reply: 18
Sorry, forgot Pittman was out with his hamstring again.

You get the point though.  Keep those we need fresh, if possible.  
Posted by: Tommy, January 29, 2015, 11:33am; Reply: 19
Quoted from diehardmariner

Agreed. I'd make sure Hannah and Paddy get on for a decent amount of time. They've both scored in the last 10 days and a good 25/30mins would be suitable recognition/reward and a chance for them to stake more of a claim to be involved regularly.

Would hopefully help them maintain a bit of motivation rather than thinking "well I came on and scored last week and haven't got on the pitch for 4 weeks since". Think PH could learn a bit about psychology / man-management like that, and maybe he is as he's still a relatively inexperienced manager.
Posted by: devon mariner, January 29, 2015, 11:37am; Reply: 20
I agree with diehardmariner about not changing a winning team, unless someone has a knock or is not well.  As for Jolley not being match fit we have to let him start and change him later in the game when he is blowing a bit.  Hopefully by 60 mins we will be 2 or 3 goals to the good and then PH can use some of the squad players like Neilson, Mackreth, Mcloughlin
Posted by: 137 (Guest), January 29, 2015, 11:55am; Reply: 21
Think there's a good case for giving Disley a rest and Paddy a game.

Personally, I'd rest the Shop too - and play Ollie, Arnold & Jolley up front in a 4-3-3.

Don't know what's happening with Nielson...??
Posted by: Tinymariner, January 29, 2015, 11:57am; Reply: 22
I wouldn't change a thing unless required through illness, injury or niggle.
Posted by: Garth, January 29, 2015, 12:07pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Tommy

Agreed. I'd make sure Hannah and Paddy get on for a decent amount of time. They've both scored in the last 10 days and a good 25/30mins would be suitable recognition/reward and a chance for them to stake more of a claim to be involved regularly.

Would hopefully help them maintain a bit of motivation rather than thinking "well I came on and scored last week and haven't got on the pitch for 4 weeks since". Think PH could learn a bit about psychology / man-management like that, and maybe he is as he's still a relatively inexperienced manager.

Oh I don`t know, usually outwits us regarding his signings ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 29, 2015, 1:19pm; Reply: 24
Just in case he was in any doubt, wouldn't it be great to hear BP in full voice on Saturday.

"We want you to stay,
We want you to staaaaay,
Ollie Palmer,
We want you to stay"
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 11:31am