Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Biccys, January 27, 2015, 6:00pm
Just tweeted this

"Unbelievable, when you know....you just know πŸ™Œ"

Thoughts?
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 27, 2015, 6:03pm; Reply: 1
He could have a good feeling about us winning tonight's game?
Posted by: Neilo83, January 27, 2015, 6:03pm; Reply: 2
He's learnt how to make a pasta bake
Posted by: carp catcher, January 27, 2015, 6:03pm; Reply: 3
If he played like he did against Halifax and Gateshead at the start of season hurst would have to pick him,to many games this season he doesn't look interested,so no surprise he's sat in stand if that's what tweet meant.
Posted by: Tommy, January 27, 2015, 6:03pm; Reply: 4
I know how he feels. I can't believe it's not butter either.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 27, 2015, 6:05pm; Reply: 5
Has anyone with a Twitter account asked him what he means, or would that spoil the fun? :-)
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, January 27, 2015, 6:06pm; Reply: 6
The original "tweet" has a little celebration icon as well.  He knows we're gonna win the league.
Posted by: gary_elton, January 27, 2015, 6:07pm; Reply: 7
Scott Neilson... on form... one of our best players...
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 27, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 8
He's close to being fit enough for the first team squad? Or maybe on the bench tonight?
Posted by: LH, January 27, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 9
Why footballers should avoid social media: example 4,726,739.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 27, 2015, 6:22pm; Reply: 10
[quote=136]Scott Neilson... on form... one of our best players... [/quote

On form arguably the Leagues best midfielder
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 27, 2015, 6:22pm; Reply: 11
Losing one of our best players due to some sort of rift with a manager would be an absolute travesty IMO. Hope the tweet doesn't mean what it could be perceived to imply.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 27, 2015, 6:23pm; Reply: 12
Is that his way of saying he is leaving the Club??
Posted by: psgmariner, January 27, 2015, 6:24pm; Reply: 13
I still think it's pasta bake related.
Posted by: chaos33, January 27, 2015, 6:27pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Is that his way of saying he is leaving the Club??

I reckon.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 27, 2015, 6:29pm; Reply: 15
He's just picked his Euromillions numbers
Posted by: forza ivano, January 27, 2015, 6:29pm; Reply: 16
He's got a sure-fire date tonight? ;)
Posted by: Neilo83, January 27, 2015, 6:32pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from psgmariner
I still think it's pasta bake related.

For sure
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 27, 2015, 6:32pm; Reply: 18
He was on a promise and just strained his groin warming up. :-/
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, January 27, 2015, 6:35pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from grimsby pete
He was on a promise and just strained his groin warming up. :-/

Something like that is the most plausible.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 27, 2015, 6:48pm; Reply: 20
Hursty just told him he fancies him at centre back tonight .
Posted by: gary_elton, January 27, 2015, 6:50pm; Reply: 21
midfield genius and creator of chances....  hope there's nothing sinister in all this bollox...
:-/
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 27, 2015, 6:51pm; Reply: 22
Anyone inferring something from any implication?  :)
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, January 27, 2015, 7:04pm; Reply: 23
I don't know which is more tragic, adults who do cryptic social media status's or a bunch of fellas on the internet doing their best Alan Turing codebreaker impression in an attempt to decipher said cryptic status.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 27, 2015, 7:07pm; Reply: 24
urine myself if he starts tonight.
Posted by: stuart brace was king, January 27, 2015, 7:11pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Biccys
Just tweeted this

"Unbelievable, when you know....you just know πŸ™Œ"

Thoughts?

Anyone know what the emoticon means?  Looks like an H... Also surrender...

UTM
Posted by: stuart brace was king, January 27, 2015, 7:16pm; Reply: 26

Anyone know what the emoticon means?  Looks like an H... Also surrender...

UTM

Found the answer!!  Looks positive?

Person raising both hands in celebration     πŸ™Œ

UTM
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 27, 2015, 7:17pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
urine myself if he starts tonight.

Wasted a Tena there!  ;)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 27, 2015, 7:21pm; Reply: 28
With depleted england rugby squad, maybe he's playing fly half in the 6 nations
Posted by: LH, January 27, 2015, 7:24pm; Reply: 29
He's in the next series of TOWIE.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 27, 2015, 7:27pm; Reply: 30
Not even made the bench tonight, still ill?? Or just not picked??
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, January 27, 2015, 7:30pm; Reply: 31
Obviously not picked and something has gone on. Must have.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 27, 2015, 7:44pm; Reply: 32
His days are numbered IMO.

I would imagine his tweet is in reference to not even being on the bench. Neilson has moved around a bit in his career, which suggests that his undoubted talent only takes him so far and his inconsistency usually wins out in the end.
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 27, 2015, 7:45pm; Reply: 33
I think he can justifiably feel a bit miffed not even making it onto the bench. He was by far our best player in the early part of the season before his injuries, and Hurst seems to find dropping him a great deal easier than others who arguably haven't performed anywhere close to Neilson's level at the start of the season (*cough*arnold*cough*).
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 27, 2015, 7:46pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from ginnywings
His days are numbered IMO.

I would imagine his tweet is in reference to not even being on the bench. Neilson has moved around a bit in his career, which suggests that his undoubted talent only takes him so far and his inconsistency usually wins out in the end.

But the guy has been played in a position he's far less effective in. Yet still looks better than the rest of our wingers. He's our most exciting player and the ONLY player in the team who gets fans off their seats. I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would happily see him leave.
Posted by: grimps, January 27, 2015, 7:47pm; Reply: 35
Same old Hurst , Always likes to shaft a player and upset the squad this time of year.
Imagine if your boss made you travel 5 hours then tell you that you wasnt needed ?
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 27, 2015, 7:49pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from grimps
Same old Hurst , Always likes to shaft a player and upset the squad this time of year.
Imagine if your boss made you travel 5 hours then tell you that you wasnt needed ?

I can only imagine Scott is too exciting for boring Paul to cope with.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 27, 2015, 7:51pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from pontoonlew

But the guy has been played in a position he's far less effective in. Yet still looks better than the rest of our wingers. He's our most exciting player and the ONLY player in the team who gets fans off their seats. I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would happily see him leave.

Never said that did i?

He's not in favour with the manager and no amount of us debating the issue will change that. I don't think he has seeen out his contract at many clubs before being allowed to leave, either on loan or otherwise.

He has undoubted talent and can get me off my seat for sure, but how often does that happen in truth?
Posted by: LondonMariner43, January 27, 2015, 7:51pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from pontoonlew

I can only imagine Scott is too exciting for boring Paul to cope with.

Or maybe Neilson doesn't have enough of a team ethos needed in a squad that needs to all pull together in the final part of the season?  

The answer is, we don't know...

Posted by: Tinymariner, January 27, 2015, 7:51pm; Reply: 39
To be fair to PH, if you have 2/3 other players who are all match fit and one player who has come back from injury and Illness, who would you play/ put on the bench as back up. Neilson will have to fight for his place and rightly so IMO.
Posted by: mike_d, January 27, 2015, 7:51pm; Reply: 40
I'd make him sit out the next game for tweeting if it was about something at the club. Alex Ferguson wouldn't have accepted it, why should the club? So he's having to play as part of a squad; a squad that has just beaten the league leaders, and a lower team; something we've been saying that they couldn't do in previous years. Talent and disrupting the team ethic are often not exclusive - not necessarily in this case; I'll wait and see what's going on. Why not do the same before slagging the manager off yet again?
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, January 27, 2015, 7:55pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from grimps

To be fair, that is Neilson's job. Someone could have been injured in the warm up and he might have been needed then for the bench..
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 27, 2015, 7:59pm; Reply: 42

To be fair, that is Neilson's job. Someone could have been injured in the warm up and he might have been needed then for the bench..

Far too sensible that suggestion. Can't you see it's some clear, motiveless vendetta?
Posted by: moosey_club, January 27, 2015, 8:43pm; Reply: 43
Has been injured, then ill and hasnt been in training according to press conference yesterday....so does he expect to walk onto the bench or into the team ?

Dont think he has been given a real run that he maybe deserved on early form but who knows what goes on behind closed doors.
Posted by: MarinerWY, January 27, 2015, 8:58pm; Reply: 44
Bloody hell, 5 pages on one ambiguous tweet. That pasta bake must have been out of this world.
Posted by: RoboCod, January 27, 2015, 9:48pm; Reply: 45
It's almost pasta joke.
Posted by: EY Mariner, January 27, 2015, 10:20pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from moosey_club
Has been injured, then ill and hasnt been in training according to press conference yesterday....so does he expect to walk onto the bench or into the team ?

Dont think he has been given a real run that he maybe deserved on early form but who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

If I remember rightly he was primarily operating in the number 10 role behind the striker when he performed so well earlier in the season but then showed little when he was asked to play a more disciplined role on the flank. With the attacking options we now have, I can't see him getting that free role again and he has to decide whether he's up for the fight of earning a regular place.
Posted by: lee65, January 27, 2015, 10:26pm; Reply: 47
He was doing sprints on the side of the pitch pre game under instruction from Dave Moore with two other players (Watson and Bignot?), as you see at BP with players not in the 16
Posted by: carp catcher, January 28, 2015, 9:45am; Reply: 48
He was seen sneaking out off the ground and driving away with his girlfriend before the Macclesfield game and sneaking back in at the final whistle.
Posted by: MrsMariner, January 28, 2015, 10:01am; Reply: 49
Quoted from carp catcher
He was seen sneaking out off the ground and driving away with his girlfriend before the Macclesfield game and sneaking back in at the final whistle.

I don't think thats quite right I'm sure he was sat near us with his girlfriend in the upper findus for the Macclesfield game
Posted by: carp catcher, January 28, 2015, 10:05am; Reply: 50
Quoted from MrsMariner

I don't think thats quite right I'm sure he was sat near us with his girlfriend in the upper findus for the Macclesfield game

I sit in the main stand and he was seen by more than one person if he was sat in findus why drive round there when there's no where to park
Posted by: gaz57, January 28, 2015, 10:07am; Reply: 51
Quoted from carp catcher

Hurst said he's not well so probably spending a long time in the loo.   :o
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 28, 2015, 10:12am; Reply: 52
I don't  have a problem with Neilson being p***ed off. At least he shows cares. There's a few footballers who we had when we got relegated who were quite happy sitting there picking up a wage not doing anything.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 28, 2015, 10:16am; Reply: 53
Couldn't care less about the tweet.  ManchesterMariner is spot on with his assessment.

Arnold was, by all accounts, excellent last night and despite his little dip over Christmas has been very good.  He also provides defensive cover better than any other of our wingers.

Mackreth has started to come into his own a bit the last month or so and is justifying his place in the sixteen with his goals alone.  

Jolley was heralded by all on here as a great signing.  

Would you really have four wingers in the sixteen?

I'm a huge Neilson fan but as has been said many times before, we're not the first club where he has (or at least appears to have) fallen out with managers.  Easy to blame this on Hurst but I would suggest the player looks at himself a bit harder.

Posted by: grimsby pete, January 28, 2015, 10:38am; Reply: 54
Hurst himself has said Scott is a game changer,

I am sure when Scott is 100% Paul will bring him on,

AND

He will change the game,

We have got good options in all departments now,

Just hope we can keep Palmer until the end of the season.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 28, 2015, 10:40am; Reply: 55
Surely we need every possible option available in the run in.

Yes, would understand frustrations but, surely better to be part of a winning squad
Posted by: oldun, January 28, 2015, 11:37am; Reply: 56
Quoted from carp catcher

I sit in the main stand and he was seen by more than one person if he was sat in findus why drive round there when there's no where to park

His car was already in the main stand car park. He came round with Aswad.
Posted by: carp catcher, January 28, 2015, 11:50am; Reply: 57
Quoted from oldun

His car was already in the main stand car park. He came round with Aswad.

He drove off with his mrs and came back just b4 end of game she sat in car on her phone waiting for himπŸ˜•
Posted by: rancido, January 28, 2015, 11:55am; Reply: 58
Neilson has a great amount of talent and undoubtedly can frighten opposing defenders. The downside of his game is his ability to ignore supporting players when he takes on several defenders and eventually get dispossessed of the ball. He is an exciting player to watch but does have a tendancy to try to do too much. I also think that his team mates don't know what he is going to do next and find it hard to support his style of play. Football is a team game and as I was told many times in my life " there is no I in team " !
Posted by: BIGChris, January 28, 2015, 12:05pm; Reply: 59
No I in team is the way i see it
Posted by: The Singing Fisherman, January 28, 2015, 12:22pm; Reply: 60
Just a thought but maybe hurst has been clever and he's not playing  Neilson to keep him out of the shop window until the window closes  ;)
Posted by: acko338, January 28, 2015, 12:56pm; Reply: 61
Just a thought but maybe hurst has been clever and he's not playing  Neilson to keep him out of the shop window until the window closes  ;)

And by allowing personal absence first, then illness through a sick note, could possibly be working the same with Aswad.

I would like to think that the club cares and has looked at the best solution to assist Aswad in the short term.

Hurst's comment in a recent interview that Aswad wouldn't get straight back into the team doesn't state he has left, so let's just wait for the time to elapse, and the situation to be resolved behind the scenes in a proper manner. The player's long term welfare is important as a priority.
Posted by: mariner91, January 28, 2015, 1:21pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from BIGChris
No I in team is the way i see it

But there are five in individual brilliance. Shamelessly stolen from Daniel in the last series of apprentice and not really relevant, I just find it amusing.
Posted by: MrsMariner, January 28, 2015, 1:26pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from carp catcher

Does seem strange but he came in late and sat at the end of our row, it had to be the Macclesfield game cos it wasn't as recent as the Barnet game and wasn't the Gateshead game cos there was hardly any one there.
Perhaps because as alot have accused him on here, he's a lazy so and so.
Personally I'd love to see him back in the team playing behind a front 3 of LJL, Ollie & Jollie & just infront of Disley & Clay but I'm sure that won't happen.
Posted by: mariner91, January 28, 2015, 1:36pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from MrsMariner

Does seem strange but he came in late and sat at the end of our row, it had to be the Macclesfield game cos it wasn't as recent as the Barnet game and wasn't the Gateshead game cos there was hardly any one there.
Perhaps because as alot have accused him on here, he's a lazy so and so.
Personally I'd love to see him back in the team playing behind a front 3 of LJL, Ollie & Jollie & just infront of Disley & Clay but I'm sure that won't happen.

That would be bonkers. You'd have effectively a three man midfield where one of the three is well known for being a bit on the lazy side and you'd put him in a position which automatically makes him less defensive and in a bit of a free role? We'd end up effectively with a two man midfield and none of our midfielders are overly mobile and a forward three that would either function as a forward three and leave the midfield completely overrun or would end up with Jolley and LJl coming deeper to plug gaps. This would cause them to lose effectiveness going forward and we'd end up with just Ollie up top on his own being supported by Neilson and lose the good forward combination of Ollie and LJL in the centre.

If you put Neilson in the hole behind the strikers it has to be behind a front 2 and in front of a midfield 3 to give some sort of balance to the shape of the side.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 28, 2015, 2:20pm; Reply: 65
Not sure it's that bonkers at all.

I'd possibly not go for those individuals but I can see the merits in a 4-2-1-3 system.

Yes, you've got a massive gap in the midfield but if played correctly (high tempo in the final third, full backs bombing on) you pen the opposition back so much they've limited opportunity to take advantage in the middle.    With four players in front of them, there's less onus on the midfield pair to make forward runs, therefore their energy is focused on covering right-to-left.

Even with the four of Palmer, Lenny, Neilson and Jolley it can easily become a 4-4-2 if required.  

Not a formation I would go for every game but I can think of quite a few games where it would be effective.
Posted by: MrsMariner, January 28, 2015, 2:26pm; Reply: 66
Thanks diehardmariner for confirming I'm not completely bonkers.
Everyone's quick to complain when we are too negative but with those players on top of their game playing at a quick tempo like you say, similar to the Gateshead & Alfreton games, there would be very few teams who could live with us.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 28, 2015, 2:47pm; Reply: 67
I don't think it's bonkers either. Attack is the best form of defence after all and it's not formations that win games, it's players. Clever players can adapt to situations and snuff out danger before it develops. The teams at the top have the cleverest players.

It can quickly become 4-5-1 when needed.
Posted by: mariner91, January 28, 2015, 2:53pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from diehardmariner
Not sure it's that bonkers at all.

I'd possibly not go for those individuals but I can see the merits in a 4-2-1-3 system.

Yes, you've got a massive gap in the midfield but if played correctly (high tempo in the final third, full backs bombing on) you pen the opposition back so much they've limited opportunity to take advantage in the middle.    With four players in front of them, there's less onus on the midfield pair to make forward runs, therefore their energy is focused on covering right-to-left.

Even with the four of Palmer, Lenny, Neilson and Jolley it can easily become a 4-4-2 if required.  

Not a formation I would go for every game but I can think of quite a few games where it would be effective.

Even played at a high tempo, we'd still struggle to control games with the players at our disposal. We don't have particularly attacking full backs in Robertson and Magnay. Whilst I think Magnay is our best player, he's not a full back who bombs on particularly unlike Aswad and I think I'm right in thinking that Robertson is similar in that he's solid and dependable but not overly keen on bombing forward (from what I've read). So if we're playing at a high tempo and the two wide players of the 3 are pushing on the full back, any team with half a brain will instruct their wide players to drop a bit deeper into the space where we have nobody covering to receive the ball and then they're directly up against our full back.

Neilson is not a player who we can rely on to work hard defensively all game (I'd question his fitness honestly) and there have been many games this season where people have complained that whatever combination of 2 central midfielders we use, we often don't control the game, in my opinion because none of them are that mobile. If you had them covering the wide positions as well as the middle, they'd be completely overrun and it would leave us more exposed to counter attacks, something we already struggle with at home.

I'm all for an aggressive, attacking formation but with the players we have there needs to be defensive balance and a 4-2-1-3 with Neilson in the hole would leave us very vulnerable to any half decent counter attacking side. A 4-3-1-2, as we've already seen, can work really well.
Posted by: Maringer, January 28, 2015, 3:06pm; Reply: 69
I think a 4-2-1-3 with Neilson 'in the hole' would essentially end up as a 4-2-4. Though we have plenty of hard-working forwards, I don't think we're mobile enough in midfield to get away with starting with this formation. If we're chasing a game, by all means give it a try, but I think a 4-3-3 with 3 proper (defensive-ish) midfielders is probably about as attacking as we should attempt to be. Though we're doing well at the moment, I don't think we're that much better than most of the teams in this division and starting with four up front shows a bit too much hubris for me.

Pretty sure that the only 4-2-4 formations I've seen in the past were from Big Keef's Lincoln teams and perhaps Dagenham and Redbridge a few years back?
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 28, 2015, 4:21pm; Reply: 70
I think Nielson would work, if you had two midfielders sat much deeper there's no reason why it couldn't work. Okay you're going to have to rely on your two wingers to work incredibly hard and Nielson to be disciplined at time and drop off, but at home it'd be the sort of tactic you'd pay to see.

I guarentee you, three things about this formation. We'd score a lot more goals, teams wouldn't be able to come to BP and sit back and Nielson would thrive in it. I think with a play-off position looking quite strong, why the hell not go gung ho at home and really scare the excrement out of Barnet by 'going for it'. A couple of big home wins would boost the whole place and could easily be the catalyst for a surge. Whatever we're doing away from home is working, at home it's not quite the same, so why not try something different?
Posted by: mariner91, January 28, 2015, 4:32pm; Reply: 71
I'd try something different at home but I wouldn't go gung-ho. I'd try the formation we had when we had our big wins, the 4-3-1-2. It's aggressive and can create a lot of chances but doesn't leave you so exposed to counter attacks. We might score a fair few goals playing 4-2-1-3 but I guarantee we'd start shipping them as well.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 28, 2015, 4:36pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from mariner91
I'd try something different at home but I wouldn't go gung-ho. I'd try the formation we had when we had our big wins, the 4-3-1-2. It's aggressive and can create a lot of chances but doesn't leave you so exposed to counter attacks. We might score a fair few goals playing 4-2-1-3 but I guarantee we'd start shipping them as well.

As long as we score more than the opposition I doubt anybody will really care.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 28, 2015, 5:02pm; Reply: 73
It'd be nice to see something like that if we're still 0-0 with half an hour to go on Saturday, rather than like for like subs with 3 minutes left.
Posted by: Neilo83, January 28, 2015, 5:05pm; Reply: 74
I'm having pasta bake with spam for tea
Posted by: RoboCod, January 28, 2015, 5:08pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from Neilo83
I'm having pasta bake with spam for tea

(nospam)

(tongue)
Posted by: Teestogreen, January 28, 2015, 5:20pm; Reply: 76
I'd like to think that Scott and Aswad are very much in the manager's thinking, and these 2 can be very much in contention for places in the squad for the promotion push - can only enhance the cause.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 28, 2015, 6:28pm; Reply: 77
As said above, there is no "i" in team.  However, there a "me" so this is perhaps what Neilson was thinking about.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 28, 2015, 7:15pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
As said above, there is no "i" in team.  However, there a "me" so this is perhaps what Neilson was thinking about.

There's a me &
Eat in team. I think we are back to the pasta.....
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 28, 2015, 7:18pm; Reply: 79
Lets not turn this thread into a sago
Posted by: wigworld, January 28, 2015, 7:24pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from friskneymariner

Doesn't he play up front for the mud rats?

Posted by: coddy60, January 28, 2015, 7:25pm; Reply: 81
There is a U in C U N T though Scott  :B :B
Posted by: Garth, January 28, 2015, 7:26pm; Reply: 82
Quote from Mariner 91

We don't have particularly attacking full backs in Robertson and Magnay. Whilst I think Magnay is our best player, he's not a full back who bombs on particularly unlike Aswad and I think I'm right in thinking that Robertson is similar in that he's solid and dependable but not overly keen on bombing forward (from what I've read).

Last night both players got forward into wide attacking positions in a careful way, Asward was more easier on the eye when bombing  cavalierly forward but lacked concentration defence wise
Posted by: chaos33, January 28, 2015, 7:58pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from Teestogreen
I'd like to think that Scott and Aswad are very much in the manager's thinking, and these 2 can be very much in contention for places in the squad for the promotion push - can only enhance the cause.

I don't think they are though.
Posted by: Teestogreen, January 28, 2015, 8:24pm; Reply: 84
I bow to your greater knowledge of the situation.  :'(
Posted by: DickBarton, January 28, 2015, 8:33pm; Reply: 85
Defenders are best defending.
Posted by: Grimal, January 28, 2015, 8:34pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from carp catcher

At the Macclesfield game he was definitely sat about 6 rows back upper findus ,ponny end at half time, I remember thinking ,"that's a cracking looking bird" and then noticed she was with Scott. ;).

Posted by: chaos33, January 28, 2015, 9:47pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Teestogreen
I bow to your greater knowledge of the situation.  :'(

Just my opinion, that's all.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 28, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from friskneymariner

I agree.im pasta all that
Posted by: Teestogreen, January 28, 2015, 10:05pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from chaos33

Just my opinion, that's all.

No problem Chaos - there are some odd influences on these threads tonight - trying to chase off genuine heart  supporters. The main thing is: Town are in the mix for promotion and that's what Town supporters want (I want).

UTM

Posted by: chaos33, January 28, 2015, 10:25pm; Reply: 90
I don't really know what you mean mate, but I hope you're not including me in this.
Posted by: Fishfinger, January 29, 2015, 9:56pm; Reply: 91
Depressing week! Weekend needs to hurry the f*ck up. Well needed drinks 🍻🍸🍹🍺

He just tweeted this...
Posted by: LH, January 29, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 92
Maybe - just maybe - something is going on in his personal life?
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 29, 2015, 10:12pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from Fishfinger
Depressing week! Weekend needs to hurry the f*ck up. Well needed drinks 🍻🍸🍹🍺

He just tweeted this...

'yes lad driving straight to joes after football, Me, you and joe'. He sent a crying emotion to some lass on his twitter so to me it suggests it has nothing to do with football.  
Posted by: chicaneuk, January 29, 2015, 11:43pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from 1739

'yes lad driving straight to joes after football, Me, you and joe'. He sent a crying emotion to some lass on his twitter so to me it suggests it has nothing to do with football.  

That looks to be his missus!
Posted by: immariner, January 30, 2015, 12:19am; Reply: 95
He's a mammary, sorry, but he is. It's one thing to send that message to 100 facebook friends, it's another to give fuel to the rumour mongerers, which he must know is precisely what he's doing.
Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, January 30, 2015, 1:08am; Reply: 96
Quoted from forza ivano

There's a me &
Eat in team. I think we are back to the pasta.....

There is MEAT MATE also! ;) 8)
Posted by: JMT, January 30, 2015, 9:41am; Reply: 97
Just seems he has broke up with his girlfriend that's all I reckon.

tweeted his girlfriend with crying faces after she tweeted longest car journey ever or something with crying faces.

his tweet saying something about it being over the other day links in with this.

then with him saying it's a depressing week, it all fits in.

everyone speculating over nothing I reckon.
Posted by: Garth, January 30, 2015, 11:00am; Reply: 98
Quoted from JMT

tweeted his girlfriend with crying faces after she tweeted longest car journey ever or something with crying faces.

his tweet saying something about it being over the other day links in with this.

Thing is will it effect his game!
Posted by: Paris Mariner, January 30, 2015, 11:32am; Reply: 99
I can't be bothered to trawl through all of this. Is he still a GTFC player or what?
Posted by: RoboCod, January 30, 2015, 11:44am; Reply: 100
Quoted from Paris Mariner
I can't be bothered to trawl through all of this. Is he still a GTFC player or what?

Possibly. Probably.

But a girlfriend-less one probably. Possibly.
Posted by: Grimal, January 30, 2015, 11:51am; Reply: 101
Quoted from JMT

I just can't understand all this Tweeting, why would anyone want the rest of the world to know all your personal business. I asked my Daughter why she puts personal things on facebook and she told me she only put things on that she wanted people to know. For christ's sake why don't they get a life and live in the real world. Could be I don't live in the real world anymore.

Posted by: ginnywings, January 30, 2015, 12:00pm; Reply: 102
Explains his........when you know,you know comments, not that i am slightly interested in his personal life.

You're right Grimal, i've never been on twitter but if i did, i wouldn't be telling the world my business every 5 mins. My mates Mrs puts a picture of their evening meal on the 'tinterweb every night FFS. I know this because my other half insists on showing me, even though i have zero interest. I tell her she is just as bad for looking as the other is for posting. The stuff people post on there is incredible and really personal. I don't get it.

It used to be that when you split with someone, you'd go to the pub and drown your sorrows with a couple of mates and bore the ar$e off them for a couple of weeks.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 30, 2015, 12:07pm; Reply: 103
I think the club should organise a minutes applause on the 11th minute.
Posted by: lukeo, January 30, 2015, 1:34pm; Reply: 104
AAAARGH So annoying. Why can't the club just tell everyone the truth about it all, noone would really give a monkeys anyway and we could do with Scott fighting for a place, especially with his ability.

OH and i think twitter and facebook are the devil. I am on facebook alot but only post pics of my lad so all my family up in grimsby and around the country can see how quickly he's growing up :)
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 30, 2015, 2:01pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from lukeo
AAAARGH So annoying. Why can't the club just tell everyone the truth about it all, noone would really give a monkeys anyway and we could do with Scott fighting for a place, especially with his ability.

OH and i think twitter and facebook are the devil. I am on facebook alot but only post pics of my lad so all my family up in grimsby and around the country can see how quickly he's growing up :)

You want the club to make a statement about his relationship status? Beyond that what is there to tell; that he's not being picked?  Going to be a lot of statements released if teams start doing that!
Posted by: Trawler, January 30, 2015, 2:08pm; Reply: 106
BBC Humberside Sport ‏@HumbersideSport  34 minutes ago
Boss Paul Hurst says there isn't a doubt over Scott Neilson's future at #gtfc but suggests he may have to wait to return to the squad.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 30, 2015, 2:17pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from ginnywings
Explains his........when you know,you know comments, not that i am slightly interested in his personal life.

You're right Grimal, i've never been on twitter but if i did, i wouldn't be telling the world my business every 5 mins. My mates Mrs puts a picture of their evening meal on the 'tinterweb every night FFS. I know this because my other half insists on showing me, even though i have zero interest. I tell her she is just as bad for looking as the other is for posting. The stuff people post on there is incredible and really personal. I don't get it.

It used to be that when you split with someone, you'd go to the pub and drown your sorrows with a couple of mates and bore the ar$e off them for a couple of weeks.

Totally with you on this one ginny.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 30, 2015, 4:35pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from Grimal

I just can't understand all this Tweeting, why would anyone want the rest of the world to know all your personal business. I asked my Daughter why she puts personal things on facebook and she told me she only put things on that she wanted people to know. For christ's sake why don't they get a life and live in the real world. Could be I don't live in the real world anymore.

Its an age thing Grimal,

Young girls tell the world everything what they are doing,

Us old men just talk about football,

AND

What we could do years ago but we can not do now. :B
Posted by: psgmariner, January 30, 2015, 4:44pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from Abdul19
I think the club should organise a minutes applause on the 11th minute.

;D

Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, February 5, 2015, 3:27pm; Reply: 110
PH says Scott won't travel to FGR and will instead train with the youth team...
Posted by: psgmariner, February 5, 2015, 3:31pm; Reply: 111
Must have had a heavy Christmas. Couple of weeks playing with the yoof and the pounds should drop off.
Posted by: big bad bob, February 5, 2015, 5:02pm; Reply: 112
Why, is he depressed too?
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 5, 2015, 5:15pm; Reply: 113
The next thing you know blokes will be posting on here about a man they met at a petrol station.  >:(
Posted by: davmariner, February 5, 2015, 5:32pm; Reply: 114
PH says Scott won't travel to FGR and will instead train with the youth team...

Where does it say that he's training with the youth?
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, February 5, 2015, 5:58pm; Reply: 115
Radio Humberside quote on twitter from an interview with PH today. Article tomorrow in the GY telegraph.

I read it as "he will be training with the youths on Saturday" as apposed to "he has been training with the youth"..
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 5, 2015, 6:14pm; Reply: 116
So he's not ill and we have been lied to? Club treating the fans like mugs again.
Posted by: Rick12, February 5, 2015, 6:32pm; Reply: 117
Top player and has the abiltiy I feel to play higher
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, February 5, 2015, 6:45pm; Reply: 118
Quoted from pontoonlew
So he's not ill and we have been lied to? Club treating the fans like mugs again.

How about he was ill when we were told he was ill, he wasn't fit following illness and as we have plenty of cover it is best for him to train than travel to watch a game? No?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, February 5, 2015, 6:48pm; Reply: 119
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

How about he was ill when we were told he was ill, he wasn't fit following illness and as we have plenty of cover it is best for him to train than travel to watch a game? No?

I bet you actually believe that man walked on the moon and that Israel didn't orchestrate the Twin Towers attack  ;)
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 5, 2015, 6:58pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

Who was the last first teamer you recall training with the youth team?

Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, February 5, 2015, 7:11pm; Reply: 121
On the OS it actually says Brown, Pitman and Neilson will all train with the youth on Sat whilst they recover from injuries.

Posted by: LongEatonMariner, February 5, 2015, 7:11pm; Reply: 122
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I bet you actually believe that man walked on the moon and that Israel didn't orchestrate the Twin Towers attack  ;)

I know, call me gullible ... :-)
Posted by: barralad, February 5, 2015, 7:16pm; Reply: 123
On the OS it actually says Brown, Pitman and Neilson will all train with the youth on Sat whilst they recover from injuries.

Hurst out!! Treating senior players like that. Much better that they remain unfit for longer..
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, February 5, 2015, 7:38pm; Reply: 124
Quoted from pontoonlew

Who was the last first teamer you recall training with the youth team?

That was a completely different situation. It is quite clear to anyone other than the most staunch conspiracy theorists that Nielson is not match fit and his time is best served training. If we had a women's team and he trained with them it would be for the same reason, he can train with other players and coaches.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, February 5, 2015, 7:41pm; Reply: 125

So according to some on here that means all three are being punished and are being sidelined, never to feature in the first team squad again.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 5, 2015, 8:15pm; Reply: 126
A lot of jumping to conclusions going on here not like the fishy lol.
Posted by: LH, February 5, 2015, 8:20pm; Reply: 127
Nothing is ever black and white on this forum is it? Somewhat ironic.
Posted by: Maringer, February 6, 2015, 10:15am; Reply: 128
Looks as though he's just not properly fit at the moment, a problem we've seen with him in the past:

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/NEILSON-URGED-GAME/story-25984716-detail/story.html
Posted by: BIGChris, February 6, 2015, 10:17am; Reply: 129
Quoted from Maringer
Looks as though he's just not properly fit at the moment, a problem we've seen with him in the past:

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/NEILSON-URGED-GAME/story-25984716-detail/story.html

Nah, its Hurstsss fault, he picks his favourites ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, February 6, 2015, 11:41am; Reply: 130
Think Hurst has just confirmed what we already knew. Has the skill but not always the application. A typical trait in the Conference.
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 6, 2015, 2:01pm; Reply: 131
Terry Fleming once trained with the youth, that was because he went out on the urine.

In addition he had a golden tooth and was magic.
Posted by: rancido, February 6, 2015, 4:43pm; Reply: 132
Quoted from Maringer

A mate of mine saw Scott play for the first time in his last appearance for town and commented how he needed to lose a stone or two by the look of him. According to the GET Scott has only trained three times since he has been injured , no wonder he isn't getting picked. Fans seem to forget we got him after Luton didn't want him anymore and they got promoted without him. Maybe he doesn't put as much effort into training as he should.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:52am