Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, January 27, 2015, 10:47am
If a defender deliberately handballs to stop the ball going in the net should a goal be given, as well as a red card? At the moment unless the game is near the beginning it's definitely worth taking the sending off rather than conceding a goal. There is always the chance the penalty is saved.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, January 27, 2015, 10:54am; Reply: 1
I don't think so. I quite like the fact that the option is there for defenders to keep the ball out by any means and take the consequences of a penalty and a red card. It's such a rare event I'm not sure it's worth introducing a new rule anyway.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 27, 2015, 11:02am; Reply: 2
I think a penalty should be awarded every time a player loses his boot and I know a referee who thinks this is a good idea. ;)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 27, 2015, 11:35am; Reply: 3
Quoted from GrimRob
If a defender deliberately handballs to stop the ball going in the net should a goal be given, as well as a red card? At the moment unless the game is near the beginning it's definitely worth taking the sending off rather than conceding a goal. There is always the chance the penalty is saved.

Yes if we are attacking, No if we are defending.  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, January 27, 2015, 12:25pm; Reply: 4
No. The Suarez handball and subsequent missed penalty was one of the best bits of World Cup drama ever!
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 27, 2015, 1:41pm; Reply: 5
If we are changing rules how about you cannot be offside if your surname is Hannah.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 27, 2015, 1:49pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Abdul19
No. The Suarez handball and subsequent missed penalty was one of the best bits of World Cup drama ever!

Not if you are from Uruguay. How we moaned about the lack of goalline technology when it affected us.
Posted by: ska face, January 27, 2015, 1:52pm; Reply: 7
We?

Speak for yourself...
Posted by: Abdul19, January 27, 2015, 2:46pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GrimRob

Not if you are from Uruguay. How we moaned about the lack of goalline technology when it affected us.

It didn't have anything to do with technology though did it? The referee got the decision correct.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 4:32pm