Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: JMT, January 27, 2015, 10:31am
This has just been tweeted.
"@JD_agent: #Grimsby, #Kidderminster and #Halifax all after Jack #Muldoon on loan. Grimsby currently favourites to seal the deal #gtfc #htfc #khfc"
Posted by: Trawler, January 27, 2015, 10:39am; Reply: 1
Would have thought being close to his home town club (Scunny) would give us the edge if there's any truth to the rumour.  But another striker?
Posted by: BIGChris, January 27, 2015, 10:48am; Reply: 2
Muldoon currently lives in Leeds.

One of my sons knows him
Posted by: ginnywings, January 27, 2015, 10:50am; Reply: 3
Can never have too many strikers. The fact that we have the most attempts at goal in the league, yet lag far behind Barnet in goals scored is the reason we are not romping the league. Problem is, it's too fecking late now. Should have had them at the start of the season.

There will be movement out soon i would imagine.
Posted by: Trawler, January 27, 2015, 10:51am; Reply: 4
Quoted from BIGChris
Muldoon currently lives in Leeds.

One of my sons knows him

Does your son rate him BC?
Posted by: ivanosandwich, January 27, 2015, 10:53am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Trawler

And does he still rate him AD?
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, January 27, 2015, 10:57am; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings
Can never have too many strikers. The fact that we have the most attempts at goal in the league, yet lag far behind Barnet in goals scored is the reason we are not romping the league. Problem is, it's too fecking late now. Should have had them at the start of the season.

There will be movement out soon i would imagine.

To be fair he did try to get Jolley before but he said he wanted to stay down south. I'm guessing as contracts come close to running out, players not getting a game become much more open to a move to get themselves noticed again before they become unemployed.

Have to agree about players moving on. If the Muldoon rumours are true then I would expect Watson and Hannah to leave at the very least.
Posted by: BIGChris, January 27, 2015, 10:58am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Trawler

He has done the semi pro rounds at Nth Ferriby, Stocksbridge, Worksop and a few more before Rochdale took a punt on him. Had a couple of sub appearances.

My lads view is that we have enough options up front unless someone is on their way out but really he is a punt, nothing more
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, January 27, 2015, 11:04am; Reply: 8
Quoted from BIGChris

but really he is a punt, nothing more

Careful...
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 27, 2015, 11:25am; Reply: 9
This sounds like an attempt by an agent to drum up some interest on a player who will be out of work soon. I can't see why we would be interested in him and looking at our side and Halifax 's (who a desperate for a striker) I know which one I would be telling him to join.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 27, 2015, 11:36am; Reply: 10
Unless we're shipping players/sending them back out then no for me on this one.

LJL, Palmer, Pittman, Hannah and Watson.  Plus Jolley and Arnold who've played up front in the past.

We're getting top heavy at the attacking end of the squad and whilst some will argue you can never have too many options we're fighting on one front now, we've only got 16 games to play.  
Posted by: psgmariner, January 27, 2015, 11:37am; Reply: 11
I remember Mucky Muldoons and that was rubbish. Not sure if that helps.
Posted by: RoboCod, January 27, 2015, 11:42am; Reply: 12
He sounds like a 30's Chicago mobster, requiring just a cool nickname...'Machine Gun' Muldoon or similar.
Pleased with the activity from BP anyway.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, January 27, 2015, 11:44am; Reply: 13
Quoted from psgmariner
I remember Mucky Muldoons and that was rubbish. Not sure if that helps.

Clinches it for me. Defo sign him. Law of averages states that for every rubbish Muldoon there will be a good Muldoon.
Posted by: Biccys, January 27, 2015, 11:47am; Reply: 14
Can Jolley play wide in a 4-4-2 as well then? I'm unaware of this Muldoon bloke but would imagine we would be looking at strengthening the attacking midfield positions rather than more strikers?
Posted by: LH, January 27, 2015, 11:50am; Reply: 15
Didn't take long for the Muldoon and gloom to return.
Posted by: BIGChris, January 27, 2015, 11:51am; Reply: 16
Quoted from diehardmariner
Unless we're shipping players/sending them back out then no for me on this one.

LJL, Palmer, Pittman, Hannah and Watson.  Plus Jolley and Arnold who've played up front in the past.

We're getting top heavy at the attacking end of the squad and whilst some will argue you can never have too many options we're fighting on one front now, we've only got 16 games to play.  

Am I right in saying that after next Tuesday's visit to Dover, we have no other midweek games currently scheduled (other than Easter monday)???

I know Braintree are still in the Trophy so potentially our game on 28th Feb could be switched.

If so i dont see a great need for tinkering and keeping fresh. Do the business and you keep your place!
Posted by: gaz57, January 27, 2015, 12:02pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from RoboCod
He sounds like a 30's Chicago mobster, requiring just a cool nickname...'Machine Gun' Muldoon or similar.
Pleased with the activity from BP anyway.

If he fire's them in that quick sign him up.
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, January 27, 2015, 1:03pm; Reply: 18
This bloke is mates with Jake Quickenden. Maybe we'll sign him too...   ??)
Posted by: ska face, January 27, 2015, 1:50pm; Reply: 19
Obviously a reputable source this twitter account, at 44 followers...

Horse excrement I'd say...
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, January 27, 2015, 4:32pm; Reply: 20
i know his family as he is a local Scunthorpe lad.

Scored goals at Worksop and Rochdale spotted him and liked what they saw.  I thought at the time it was  big jump for him (NPL to League 1) and clearly his chances at Spotland have been limited . A loan move would be good for him to play games and show what he is capable of at a decent level. His links to the area would appeal to him if Town want him.

He's 25 now and after a few years part time in the  lower leagues he signed pro for Rochdale. He's only on a 1 year deal so is fighting to earn another pro contract or will end up going back to part time.  He will be hungry to succeed and i know he has talent.
Posted by: chaos33, January 27, 2015, 5:06pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from horsforthmariner
This sounds like an attempt by an agent to drum up some interest on a player who will be out of work soon. I can't see why we would be interested in him and looking at our side and Halifax 's (who a desperate for a striker) I know which one I would be telling him to join.

This, but I still think we will see some movement out in the near future and it might not be the player or players people might necessarily expect.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 27, 2015, 5:50pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from chaos33

This, but I still think we will see some movement out in the near future and it might not be the player or players people might necessarily expect.

Chelsea swooping in for LJL? Damn those pesky southerners!
Posted by: Tommy, January 27, 2015, 6:12pm; Reply: 23
Can't believe this "rumour" has sucked so many people in.

As Ska Face has said, check the source.

Twitter is full of these "in the know"  accounts that pretend to be a football agent or inside transfer source. Especially during January and the summer transfer window.
Posted by: chaos33, January 27, 2015, 6:29pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

Chelsea swooping in for LJL? Damn those pesky southerners!

Lol  :)
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, January 30, 2015, 7:53pm; Reply: 25
Has moved on loan to Halifax
Posted by: Abdul19, January 30, 2015, 8:05pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from chaos33

Lol  :)

Is that his half brother? ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, January 30, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle
Has moved on loan to Halifax

Halifax......making loans......that will surely raise some interest for them.. :P
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 7:16pm