Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: RoboCod, January 26, 2015, 1:04pm
Not really sure what to make of this. Actually I am, but as a huge fan of Big Keith and great memories of what he did for us in a Town shirt I won't pass comment.
Apart from...its hideous :-/
[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-30951625[/url]
Posted by: gary_elton, January 26, 2015, 1:19pm; Reply: 1
Apart from the tribute to Keith... the rest of it is pants and belongs alongside a run down canal in a sh1t
little two-bit town... oh.. wait....   ;)
Posted by: ska face, January 26, 2015, 2:23pm; Reply: 2
So a project carried out by vulnerable local young people, presumably for free, is now getting national media coverage based on the opinions of a couple of gobshites on facebook.

Just imagine being one of the people who stood out in the cold for however long, and now seeing something you've done getting absolutely panned for no real reason. People expect young people to help out & try to improve their communities, then they get cained for it and exploited for cheap hits! There's no wonder there's such a reluctance from people to get involved in projects like this.
Posted by: MarinerWY, January 26, 2015, 2:40pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from ska face
So a project carried out by vulnerable local young people, presumably for free, is now getting national media coverage based on the opinions of a couple of gobshites on facebook.

Just imagine being one of the people who stood out in the cold for however long, and now seeing something you've done getting absolutely panned for no real reason. People expect young people to help out & try to improve their communities, then they get cained for it and exploited for cheap hits! There's no wonder there's such a reluctance from people to get involved in projects like this.

This x 1000. Well put ska face.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, January 26, 2015, 2:47pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from MarinerWY

This x 1000. Well put ska face.

totally agreed. I like it, but that's not the point. Ska Face's point is the point.
plenty of walls in Grimbo that would look much better if you let some kids loose on them
Posted by: RoboCod, January 26, 2015, 3:31pm; Reply: 5
Nothing wrong with street art in the right place, I think there's better places for it than the football ground however. Sincil Bank area needs improving massively in the same way that some surrounding areas of BP does, but personally I wouldn't want to see this outside BP.
Obviously dividing opinion though, as art will always do.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 26, 2015, 5:02pm; Reply: 6
As a former exponent of the "art" i like the idea, probably would have connected with more people if club colours and historical images that are easily recognisable to the Lincoln public had been used, however as Ska has mentioned it was youth trying to do something positive so it really shouldnt be knocked.
I wonder if they did any consultation with what people may like to see in a mural first?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 26, 2015, 7:14pm; Reply: 7
Anything to do with big keef is ok by me
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 8:47am