Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, January 26, 2015, 12:12pm
Unanimous delight with the signing of Jolley it seems. It's great to have more forward options (I wish we'd had them in the first 10 games) but who is likely to start?

Lenny has surely proved he is our main man so I'm guessing he plays when fit. Does Jolley play off him? Palmer has started well for us but does this mean he won't stay beyond the initial month? Hannah presumably drops another place in the pecking order so is that him finished here? Is Hamish Watson a fictional character?

Or perhaps Hurst sees Jolley as a winger and a replacement for Nielson who seems to have disappeared.
Posted by: Maringer, January 26, 2015, 12:25pm; Reply: 1
Nielson has been ill.

I wonder if we'll perhaps see Jolley in a 4-3-3 alongside Palmer and LJL.

This would be a pacy, strong and physical front three which ought to be able to cause the opposition lots of problems. Just not convinced that the midfielders we have possess the necessary legs to play this overly well.

Perhaps a 4-3-2-1? El Tel's Christmas Tree formation!
Posted by: Town Monkey, January 26, 2015, 12:29pm; Reply: 2
With the quality of Macca, Magnay and Pearson, we should just play with two defenders and play all 4 of our wingers in a 2-4-4 formation!   ;D

I might be getting over excited about the new signings..  
Posted by: GTFCNiles, January 26, 2015, 12:33pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Town Monkey
With the quality of Macca, Magnay and Pearson, we should just play with two defenders and play all 4 of our wingers in a 2-4-4 formation!   ;D

I might be getting over excited about the new signings..  

How did you get out, get back in your cage! ;D
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 26, 2015, 12:33pm; Reply: 4
ote=4127]With the quality of Macca, Magnay and Pearson, we should just play with two defenders and play all 4 of our wingers in a 2-4-4 formation!   ;D

I might be getting over excited about the new signings..  [/quote]

Ossie tried that with Spurs in the 90's  ..............................It failed ..................lol
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 26, 2015, 1:00pm; Reply: 5
LJL and Ollie when fit judging by the Barnet match.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, January 26, 2015, 4:41pm; Reply: 6
Team Should be:

McKeown

Magnay
Toto
Pearson
Robertson

MacKreth
Disley
Paddy
Jolley/Neilson

LJL
Pittman/Palmer

Bench: Parslow, Brown, Arnold, Neilson/Jolley, Pittman/Palmer

Ship Out: Hannah, Bignot and Watson
Posted by: Garth, January 26, 2015, 5:24pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from SamTheMariner
Team Should be:

McKeown

Magnay
Toto
Pearson
Robertson

MacKreth
Disley
Paddy
Jolley/Neilson

LJL
Pittman/Palmer

Bench: Parslow, Brown, Arnold, Neilson/Jolley, Pittman/Palmer

Ship Out: Hannah, Bignot and Watson

Noooooooooo! if Palmer is not available or flops, and the Pope is injured, we need the likes of Ross and Hamish to slot in, and Bignot would be cover for injury to Roberson, WE need all three during the run in
Posted by: acko338, January 27, 2015, 8:49am; Reply: 8
Need a full squad from front to back from now right to the end of the season - promotion or bust, it seems from the signings intent !!

Hurst is hoping that we don't have injuries that will mean Bignot, Winfarrah and Walker will not need to be involved.

The last two deserve another pre-season to develop to full maturity and growth - both have potential in their positions, but just not yet.

Bit sickening if they go and move without any fees just because we couldn't give them chance to play this year regularly.

Can't see Bignot here next year.
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 9:19pm