Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, January 24, 2015, 8:43pm
Looking forward to MOTD, what a set of results! It's wide open this year maybe we'll have a winner from the Football League this season. There have been some cracking games this season in the competition on TV. Arsenal and Man Ud  must  be confident on getting to the semis as least, I hope they draw each other in the next round!
Posted by: Abdul19, January 24, 2015, 8:46pm; Reply: 1
Brilliant results, incredible day of football. The only disappointment is that Man Utd will end up winning it now!
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 25, 2015, 4:55pm; Reply: 2
Just noticed that the Grimsby Telegraph are asking your favourite memories of Grimsby Town's exploits in the world's oldest club competition ?

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/FA-CUP-weekend-shocks-best-Grimsby-Town-memories/story-25920338-detail/story.html?
Posted by: GrimRob, January 25, 2015, 5:10pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice
Just noticed that the Grimsby Telegraph are asking your favourite memories of Grimsby Town's exploits in the world's oldest club competition ?

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/FA-CUP-weekend-shocks-best-Grimsby-Town-memories/story-25920338-detail/story.html?

Got to be Middlesborough and Wimbledon?
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 25, 2015, 5:12pm; Reply: 4
Reading away, the 4th Round Replay the round before we played Wimbledon.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 25, 2015, 7:00pm; Reply: 5
Two goals in the last minute at Saltergate  to complete the turnaround from 2-0 down to 3-2 winners setting up a home game against the Blunts and then on to Anfield which gave us I'm led to believe our biggest ever away following
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 25, 2015, 7:27pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Two goals in the last minute at Saltergate  to complete the turnaround from 2-0 down to 3-2 winners setting up a home game against the Blunts and then on to Anfield which gave us I'm led to believe our biggest ever away following

As the game entered stoppage time with Chesterfield winning 2-1 they were announcing over the tannoy when the tickets would be on sale for their game against Sheff United.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 26, 2015, 9:16am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin
Reading away, the 4th Round Replay the round before we played Wimbledon.

It's in today's Telegraph ( page 47 ) Les.

Posted by: Les Brechin, January 26, 2015, 9:40am; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

It's in today's Telegraph ( page 47 ) Les.

Yeah, I didn't expect that they would publish it.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 26, 2015, 1:06pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin

As the game entered stoppage time with Chesterfield winning 2-1 they were announcing over the tannoy when the tickets would be on sale for their game against Sheff United.

I think the saying is "Pride comes before a fall" Les  ;D
Posted by: MrsMariner, January 26, 2015, 7:48pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin

Yes I was at that game, one of my favourite games. As I remember it even at half time with Chesterfield winning 2-0 they were announcing the ticket arrangements for their game against Sheff United,  talk about jumping the gun. Weren't our three 2nd half goals scored by the three Kevin's, Moore, Kilmore & Drinkell or am I making that up  :-/
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 26, 2015, 8:04pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from MrsMariner

Yes I was at that game, one of my favourite games. As I remember it even at half time with Chesterfield winning 2-0 they were announcing the ticket arrangements for their game against Sheff United,  talk about jumping the gun. Weren't our three 2nd half goals scored by the three Kevin's, Moore, Kilmore & Drinkell or am I making that up  :-/

We won 3-2 there in the league that season too. Not sure if it was the league game or the cup game but Moore, Kilmore and Drinkell scored in one of those games,
Posted by: barralad, January 27, 2015, 9:52am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Les Brechin

We won 3-2 there in the league that season too. Not sure if it was the league game or the cup game but Moore, Kilmore and Drinkell scored in one of those games,

Think it was the League game. We went 3-0 up IIRC. Kev Moore also got sent off...
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 11:03pm