Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 24, 2015, 11:29am
Sorry to see that Colin Kennedy has died at the ripe old age of 90. He was very well known for his work as a headmaster at Littlecoates and in promoting local cricket but Colin was also a lifelong Town fan. Many will miss the sight of Colin on his old bike with that straggly hair waving in the breeze, wearing his shiny suit. He was a real character and there are too few of them around. RIP Colin.

[url]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Tributes-Mr-Grimsby-Cricket-Colin-Kennedy/story-25917238-detail/story.html[/url]
Posted by: acko338, January 24, 2015, 11:36am; Reply: 1
A gent !
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 24, 2015, 2:56pm; Reply: 2
My old headmaster, he also went to England games at Wembley, as well watching Grimsby Town, I remember him mentioning it back in the 80's.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 24, 2015, 4:15pm; Reply: 3
Not heard of him before but he sounds like one of those characters that make a town worth living in. RIP.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 24, 2015, 7:34pm; Reply: 4
He was very well spoken, had a somewhat typical, original WW2 RAF voice.

Reknown by the 80's kids as 'Killer!' Kennedy at school, if you did anything wrong, the rumour was he used to use the cane on your hands, typical old school headmaster, I never got in trouble so can't really say lol.

Lived a few doors off Scartho baths, always got from A to B on a womens shopper bike, even when he was headmaster back in the 80's and probally prior.

Liked a bet, always used to talk to my dad in the bookies in Town about Grimsby Town, or horses lol.

Not sure if he had any kids, but woudn't be surprised if everything got left to some animal home or the RSPCA, like it said in the paper he had a RSPCA club at school.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 24, 2015, 11:15pm; Reply: 5
I was only thinking the other day that I'd not seen him out on his bike for ages.

A really nice chap. I used to speak to him in Millfields when we played snooker from there and he was always in there on a Monday night.

RIP Colin.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, January 25, 2015, 4:24pm; Reply: 6
My first sports teacher at Macauley in the early 60's. Good sports teacher, taught the basics properly.
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, January 25, 2015, 6:13pm; Reply: 7
A true gentleman RIP
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 2:39am