Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 23, 2015, 8:27pm
live BBC 1,

Cambridge impressive,

They can't can they.....!
Posted by: DocTower, January 23, 2015, 8:56pm; Reply: 1
Man Utd ,  unrecognizable , to be honest they are just bunch of unknown Europeans and south Americans . Not used to being pressured in their own half .
Posted by: JMT, January 23, 2015, 9:24pm; Reply: 2
Falcao is failing to score against Cambridge.
Lenell John-Lewis managed to score against Cambridge.

LJL > Falcao.
Posted by: JMT, January 23, 2015, 9:49pm; Reply: 3
Two cracking saves by Dunn the Cambridge keeper!

Very well Dunn to him!
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, January 23, 2015, 9:55pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from JMT
Falcao is failing to score against Cambridge.
Lenell John-Lewis managed to score against Cambridge.

LJL > Falcao.

And how much does Falcao get a week? £250,000 or something ridiculous. Shop needs to be querying a pay rise.  :P
Posted by: GrimRob, January 23, 2015, 9:59pm; Reply: 5
Could be us next year in Cambridge's position  :)
Posted by: GrimRob, January 23, 2015, 9:59pm; Reply: 6
Could be us next year in Cambridge's position  :)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 23, 2015, 10:02pm; Reply: 7
Cambridge fully deserve a replay, fair play to them, great earner for them too.
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, January 23, 2015, 10:10pm; Reply: 8
one of the worst games ive ever seen....shocking quality from both sides....United were embarrassing
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 23, 2015, 10:37pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen
one of the worst games ive ever seen....shocking quality from both sides....United were embarrassing

That explains a lot. Bruce is a Manc fan.

There were TWO Uniteds playing tonight. Only a Man Utd fan would refer to them as United!  ;)
Posted by: Abdul19, January 23, 2015, 11:41pm; Reply: 10
If a Moyes Man U team had put in such a turgid display he'd be slaughtered (not literally)
Posted by: RichMariner, January 23, 2015, 11:56pm; Reply: 11
I'm sure I saw a stat that said Manu are no better off this season than they were at this point last season.

Van Gaal has been given many millions to spend that Moyes didn't get. I don't understand why van Gaal isn't getting the grief that Moyes got - especially as he's splashed the cash.

Well, I *do* understand why. Van Gaal has arrived with a (trophy-winning) reputation that Moyes didn't have. And international experience.

My gut feeling is that it will come good for United under van Gaal, but it might take longer than most people thought. But I think his past history is the only thing that's keeping United fans patient for now.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 24, 2015, 12:50am; Reply: 12
It's bonkers that he's managed to spend c. £150m but not bothered signing a centre back. And considering the offensive players they have, they don't play particularly good football either!
Posted by: LH, January 24, 2015, 1:00am; Reply: 13
Personally I think it's hilarious. The amount of stick I got from dickheads at school for supporting Town from Utd supporting twits who's idea of live football involved a remote control or a carvery makes it even sweeter.
Posted by: Caesar, January 24, 2015, 6:59am; Reply: 14
Quoted from LH
Personally I think it's hilarious. The amount of stick I got from dickheads at school for supporting Town from Utd supporting twits who's idea of live football involved a remote control or a carvery makes it even sweeter.

It wasn't just me?!? :)  That is literally my exact thoughts about Man U.

Love watching United fail, their score is the first I look for after Town hoping they have messed up, am really annoyed this year as the teams that can ruin them and beat them to the champions league are failing as well.   But indeeed on the bright side they have spent ridiculous amounts of money and points wise are in exactly the same place as last season, miles of title challenge!
Posted by: Rick12, January 24, 2015, 7:26am; Reply: 15
Good game enjoyed watching it.Well done to Cambridge
Posted by: lukeo, January 24, 2015, 7:30am; Reply: 16
Thought 1st half Cambridge where class. 2nd half was like a boring mid table league 2 game until near the end.
I luckily had a few Grimsby fans in my year at school but there were some boring girl privates who suppored prem teams.
Posted by: Rick12, January 24, 2015, 7:32am; Reply: 17
Quoted from LH
Your a real fan my friend. Keeping it real and supporting your local team or the team who you have some connection to eg family.They are just glory hunters .On another note whats make me smile is as in anything in life there needs to be a top for there to be a bottom and unfortunately  we have fallen from grace.However still makes me proud that we had some taste of former glorys eg after the war we were a 1st division team which is what the prem would be now

Posted by: DocTower, January 24, 2015, 7:35am; Reply: 18
Isn't  it the state of top flight football in general  ?  We get the odd exciting match that is blown out of all proportion  by second rate pundits , " If that ball was put there and he'd  hit it right it would have been a goal  "   Yeh !  No st#@ Sherlock .  Hyped  up by Sky to something that it's  not anymore ..

I don't  bother watching match of the day because of this , and a lack of interest in the premiership now . There was a time when I knew who the managers were for the teams , and could name players for the teams . Not any more  , most are unpronounceable  from counties we have to look up to see where they have come from . All about looks , tans , hairstyles  , big cars fast women , they just aren't  in the real world .

I can see there being a European  league soon . Spain have only two teams in reality Barca and Real , France have PSG  and Lynn , Germany Bayen  and Dortmand  , we have Chelsea and City . These teams , if you agree are far above any other for money , there is no others that can compete for titles cups and promotions . They buy who they want , at stupid prices , market forces or just conned by agents .

Last night highlighted how poor football has become for me .
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 24, 2015, 8:20am; Reply: 19
Premiership football is so so over hyped !! So long as people are shelling out the cash the Pundits will tell you how great it all is . The Championship is a much better league IMO
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 24, 2015, 8:39am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Rick12
Your a real fan my friend. Keeping it real and supporting your local team or the team who you have some connection to eg family.They are just glory hunters .On another note whats make me smile is as in anything in life there needs to be a top for there to be a bottom and unfortunately  we have fallen from grace.However still makes me proud that we had some taste of former glorys eg after the war we were a 1st division team which is what the prem would be now

I honestly can't understand why anyone would support a team miles away that they have absolutely no connection with at all. For me, supporting a football team is part of who you are and where you're from, not just because a team are winning more often than not.

I can understand young kids supporting another team because of the influence of older family/friends. I used to support Leeds United in the 70's when I was growing up because a rep at the place where my Mum worked was from Leeds and used to bring me a match programme from each game, but as soon as I was 7 or 8 and realised that I had a perfectly good team on my own doorstep and that Leeds were dirty Yorkies then that was it and has been for all my life.
Posted by: Rick12, January 24, 2015, 9:18am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Les Brechin

I honestly can't understand why anyone would support a team miles away that they have absolutely no connection with at all. For me, supporting a football team is part of who you are and where you're from, not just because a team are winning more often than not.

I can understand young kids supporting another team because of the influence of older family/friends. I used to support Leeds United in the 70's when I was growing up because a rep at the place where my Mum worked was from Leeds and used to bring me a match programme from each game, but as soon as I was 7 or 8 and realised that I had a perfectly good team on my own doorstep and that Leeds were dirty Yorkies then that was it and has been for all my life.
Shame there aren't more people with that mindset

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 24, 2015, 9:44am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen

FFS you ever thought watching football (any football) just isn't for you.

Maybe bird watching would be more suitable.

Posted by: ginnywings, January 24, 2015, 9:45am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

FFS you ever thought watching football (any football) just isn't for you.

Maybe bird watching would be more suitable.

Think he has already found another hobby....
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 24, 2015, 9:56am; Reply: 24
Yeah your right ginny I shouldn't bite I know he's the fishy wum merchant and attention is what he craves.
Posted by: aldi_01, January 24, 2015, 10:14am; Reply: 25
Van Gaal's downfall will be his arrogance and this philosophy he has in his head that he's the greatest...

He has spent an obscene amount of cash and the return won't be anywhere near. They are miles away from Chelsea and City and miles away from the teams they pitch themselves against in the Europea cup.

They've been milked by the likes of Falcao but they can't see it.

Their fans are even worse. Some girl private said he feared for THEIR champions league spot. In case he hadn't noticed, you have to play all season to earn one. It isn't your right...flipping dicks
Posted by: Tom13, January 24, 2015, 10:21am; Reply: 26
Quoted from DocTower
Isn't  it the state of top flight football in general  ?  We get the odd exciting match that is blown out of all proportion  by second rate pundits , " If that ball was put there and he'd  hit it right it would have been a goal  "   Yeh !  No st#@ Sherlock .  Hyped  up by Sky to something that it's  not anymore ..

I don't  bother watching match of the day because of this , and a lack of interest in the premiership now . There was a time when I knew who the managers were for the teams , and could name players for the teams . Not any more  , most are unpronounceable  from counties we have to look up to see where they have come from . All about looks , tans , hairstyles  , big cars fast women , they just aren't  in the real world .

I can see there being a European  league soon . Spain have only two teams in reality Barca and Real , France have PSG  and Lynn , Germany Bayen  and Dortmand  , we have Chelsea and City . These teams , if you agree are far above any other for money , there is no others that can compete for titles cups and promotions . They buy who they want , at stupid prices , market forces or just conned by agents .

Last night highlighted how poor football has become for me .

In fairness Lyon spend very very little in comparison to other top clubs (as they're skint), and Dortmund have usually been shrewd spenders as well until this season.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 24, 2015, 10:38am; Reply: 27
Cambridge did well. Reminded me a bit of Colchester v Leeds in 1971 when Leeds were THE team to beat. Annoyed me at the time because I was born in Leeds and sadly still have an affection for the days of Wilbur Cush and John Charles through to Billy Bremner and Sniffer Clarke. At school I had to hide this support because everyone was a Town fan, as was I from the age of 9.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 24, 2015, 10:44am; Reply: 28
I thought Camrbidge were a bit mercenary in that they almost wanted a draw more than the win because of the money. The player at the end who was interviewed said a draw was the dream result, hardly the spirit of football! Man Utd will inevitably win the replay so the fact they even drew here is no more thn a minor blip, it's just another opportunity to fleece tens of thousands of suckers who want to experience the OT atmosphere,
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 24, 2015, 10:57am; Reply: 29
Quoted from GrimRob
I thought Camrbidge were a bit mercenary in that they almost wanted a draw more than the win because of the money. The player at the end who was interviewed said a draw was the dream result, hardly the spirit of football! Man Utd will inevitably win the replay so the fact they even drew here is no more thn a minor blip, it's just another opportunity to fleece tens of thousands of suckers who want to experience the OT atmosphere,

Agreed, second half Cambridge showed little ambition.

Posted by: nightrider, January 24, 2015, 11:10am; Reply: 30
Quoted from GrimRob

I agree, but.....

If Town played em, I'd prefer a draw. A million quid from nothing or a win and a match against somebody like MK Dons who inevitably know us out

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 24, 2015, 11:19am; Reply: 31
Quoted from GrimRob

Don't blame them. The replay is worth a lot of money to the club and the players and it is after all a professional game. If it was Town wouldn't the fans be as delighted at the thought of a day out at Old Trafford as they were about going to Anfield?

Posted by: mariner91, January 24, 2015, 11:57am; Reply: 32
Quoted from DocTower
Spain have only two teams in reality Barca and Real ,

Which one won La Liga last season?
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 24, 2015, 1:23pm; Reply: 33
It makes good sense for Cambridge to get a replay.  The money could set them up for at least 10 years.

Man United are lucky this season. They are in broadly the same league position as last season.   They are fortunate that some of their main rivals that they are judged against are below par.  Liverpool, Everton, Spurs and Arsenal are not as good as they were last season.  If they were equally strong, there would be more pressure on United and the manager.

Even Southampton can sell half of their team and be doing better than United.  And playing attractive football.

United have under-achieved for the very large investment made.  The managers' reputation seems to protect him so far.

Posted by: Les Brechin, January 29, 2015, 2:41pm; Reply: 34
The result was all down to us apparently.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Manchester-United-kept-bay-Cambridge-United/story-25924680-detail/story.html#ixzz3Q4K5Vsnh
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 6:24am