Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fiveallive, January 23, 2015, 4:18pm
Hi, can anyone give me any advice on FM 2015, i dominate games but can't score keeper makes great saves against me all the time, i played Lincoln city and mckeown runs of goal and leaves tomlinson open goal to score, brown miss kicks the ball and there player scores an easy finish opposition gk's are like superman.

I concede a lot of goals from like from 40 yards, and its like all these things happening isn't the managers fault its extremely frustrating, don't mind losing when the other team has out played me.

Any advice for me anyone.
Posted by: mariner2000, January 23, 2015, 5:37pm; Reply: 1
Lol yeah this happens to me too.  I think it's there way of saying your striker isn't good enough or at least not suited to role he is playing.   There is some banter about this within the steam forums
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 23, 2015, 5:39pm; Reply: 2
Believe the Scott brothers are. LOL
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, January 23, 2015, 6:30pm; Reply: 3
Get Taylor-Crossdale up front he bangs um in
Posted by: Meza, January 23, 2015, 6:40pm; Reply: 4
I beat lincoln 6-2 at sinny bank after telling their manager we are going to humilate them.  Just make sure when your favourites its always expect a win or for the fans...tbh i tend to use those 2 at pre match when morale is ok or better.
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 23, 2015, 6:44pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Get Taylor-Crossdale up front he bangs um in

This. Scored 18 first season then 32 the next in L2, sold him to Sheffield United for £1 million. Also use quick wingers (Mackreth is a beast) and use the tactic 'exploit the flanks' in a 442. Got me in the FL first season then play offs in L2 in the 2nd.
Posted by: Martz86, January 23, 2015, 6:52pm; Reply: 6
Is the town team on FM good enough as it is to get promotion or do/did you need to bring in many additions, apart from Taylor-Crossdale?
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 23, 2015, 7:06pm; Reply: 7
God I just posted a huge post on how I've played FM for years and it deleted itself, always tried cracking it with Grimsby and finally taken us to the Premier League on this one. It's taken me a good 10 years of playing FM to finally do it, but this years I finally got it right. Got lucky in places and signed some very good players on a free, seems a bit easier to get a bargain on this years. But yeah advice on your first season;

It takes a lot of patience, a lot of sivving through shite players to find a few gems and some risks. My advice on players in the first season is a striker called Joe Pigott from Charlton, he ended up being one of my greatest ever players after I signed him on loan 3 seasons running, until his contract expired and I signed him permanently. In my promotion season in the Championship he scored 20, so progress through the leagues with me. And a player called Sammi Szmodics from Colchester, play him in AM in a 4-2-3-1 and he'll get a bag full of assists. I picked up Matty Blair from Fleetwood on a loan in January, I don't think he will come straight away but if you wait until January he'll likely come, his stats aren't great but he tore up the Conference and League 2 for me in ALM. Finally a center back called Adam Webster from Portsmouth, superb player but you'll not get him for a second season. Set your mentality to control, and tweak your shouts and individual instructions to how you'd like to play. I'd suggest keeping it simple in the lower leagues and complicating it a bit more when you get better players further up the league.

Try not to sign anybody who's not a loanee, it'll help the finances further down the line. The squad is pretty decent as it is to be fair. Mackreth is very good, as is Pearson.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 23, 2015, 7:10pm; Reply: 8
Presume that the PC and iPad ones are different. Can't interact on the iPad version.

But, town are top of league 1 and just lost to chelsea in the final of the league cup. Also in the final of the johnstons trophy and lost to chelsea (again). Only got magnay and Pearson left from the original squad - god there was some sh1t in that squad ;)
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, January 23, 2015, 7:20pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from jimgtfc

This. Scored 18 first season then 32 the next in L2, sold him to Sheffield United for £1 million. Also use quick wingers (Mackreth is a beast) and use the tactic 'exploit the flanks' in a 442. Got me in the FL first season then play offs in L2 in the 2nd.

Ian Vicars is another good buy. plays AM and RB
Posted by: fiveallive, January 23, 2015, 8:43pm; Reply: 10
I bought Pittman into the team and he's scored a few 3 goals in 5 games, Hannah has got me 4 goals in 9 games but he's offside about 15 times a game, the build up play is perfect but my players are just missing easy chances, missing sitters free headers in every game i have played and I'm playing away at Torquay and its this seasons fixtures every team has scored a 30 yard plus strike against me which becomes unrealistic in my opinion, like one game Mackreth had a shot keeper blocked it and the ball rolled right across the goal line hit the other post and went out, i was like how unlucky was that. Then they went up the pitch and scored a screamer lol.

This is the first game i have played since FM 2010 i bought it when i read about the in game editor, i remember signing Mackreth, Liam Hearn and Andre Gray and there stats where awful on FM 2010 and i was stuck with them so at least with the in game editor you tweak a few things when needed the finishing was a better on FM 2010, apart from the the game engine that needs tweaking the game as a whole is a big improvement.
Posted by: Freemoash88, January 23, 2015, 8:49pm; Reply: 11
We should setup a Fishy Online game. Play maybe once of twice a week for a few hours when everyone is available.
Posted by: lukeo, January 24, 2015, 7:24am; Reply: 12
where is the best / cheapest place to buy FM?
Posted by: Freemoash88, January 24, 2015, 9:45am; Reply: 13
This is a good site Lukeo.

[url]https://www.g2a.com/football-manager-2015-steam-cd-key-global.html[/url]
Posted by: lukeo, January 24, 2015, 10:48am; Reply: 14
cheers about to buy it then thought just check asda.. £18 with my discount :P picking it up after work tomorrow
Posted by: immariner, January 24, 2015, 11:28am; Reply: 15
I'm nearly 4 years clean and recently single. You guys are really tempting this addict!
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 24, 2015, 12:24pm; Reply: 16
I managed to get Eastwood in on a free and Dagnal on a season long loan, scored for fun using Shop as a def stricker. went undefeated in the league. Also got two wingers Tijine and Gorman in on freebees they score about 10 each from the wing
Posted by: Meza, January 24, 2015, 12:28pm; Reply: 17
Ive signed a 21 yr ols cb defender from reading on a season loan he's a rock.  Also signed a striker on season loan from Bristol City hes scored 16 in 9 😃
Posted by: Meza, January 24, 2015, 12:32pm; Reply: 18
Ive signed a 21 yr ols cb defender from reading on a season loan he's a rock.  Also signed a striker on season loan from Bristol City hes scored 16 in 9 😃 can't remember the names lol.

This link will help

[url]http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/best-fm-2015-lower-league-players-vanarama-conference/[/url]
Posted by: Freemoash88, January 24, 2015, 1:18pm; Reply: 19
If you start in the lower leagues I signed Michael Splinne I think it spelt. Cracking player plays CDM or can cover at CB.
Posted by: fiveallive, January 24, 2015, 8:14pm; Reply: 20
Does anybody know a easier way to find the players who are free agents and players available for loan because i missed out on signing Freddy Eastwood because i didn't know he was a free agent, it also gets boring going through clubs to see who's available for loan, just checked Wrexham's on the game and Jennings and York have hardly played so i was tempted to offer a loan lol but I'm wandering why they haven't been played..
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 24, 2015, 8:24pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from fiveallive
Does anybody know a easier way to find the players who are free agents and players available for loan because i missed out on signing Freddy Eastwood because i didn't know he was a free agent, it also gets boring going through clubs to see who's available for loan, just checked Wrexham's on the game and Jennings and York have hardly played so i was tempted to offer a loan lol but I'm wandering why they haven't been played..

Go on the player search and refine the results to transfer/loan listed or unattached. Also hiring a scout or 2 to do the searching for you is a good way of finding available players.
Posted by: Codswede, January 25, 2015, 11:10am; Reply: 22
The gameplay this year is poor, some stupidly high scoring games, including 3-5 at Bolton in league cup! Think the game is geared towards playing the pressing high tempo game, and staying away from 4-4-2!

I won the conference first season but am struggling big time this season in L2, so haven't played for a while haha   :o

Easiest tip for getting transfer money is to offer low squad win bonuses, morale can be regained quite quickly/easily, and it puts a few £1,000 in your budget.

First season I signed Thierry Audel from Crewe for around 16k, LJL and Hannah got a few goals but Pittman didn't even get out of my reserves as his fitness never got above 50%! Best signing was Joe Pigott on loan from charlton as a target man, and in January I found Matthew fletcher, Australian striker on a free.

This year I've added a few spanish guys to the team, as English players on the game seem to want significantly higher wages than their ability deserves!

Hopefully can beat the drop this season anyway, but were conceding so many goals!
Posted by: fiveallive, January 25, 2015, 2:13pm; Reply: 23
I looked up Joe Pigott and he went on loan to Torquay and his first game was against me and he scored 2 goals and set up 2 goals, Taylor-Crossdale plays for FGR and he's banging them in its a shame i missed out out on them.

They seem to do this every year certain players always have like superman qualities, i remember one game a few years ago when serge makofo was awesome he was like Messi and Ronaldo combined lol he was quite decent for me on FM 2010 he scored 10 goals in about 20 games, Peter Bore was awesome on FM 2010 aswell i wish his stats of 2010 was on the 2015 game i picked him up for free.

Like i mentioned before i don't mind losing i played Nuneaton who 5th in table and they like outplayed me and i don't mind losing but there is nothing you can do when players are banging in goals from like 40 yards out and my goals really well played goals like crosses or nice tiki taka football. The opposition gk is like superman save everything its getting frustrating thinking of going back to FM 2010 and playing with this season's update. I either win 5 or 6-1 or get beat by 5 or 6
Posted by: Freemoash88, January 25, 2015, 2:15pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from fiveallive

Yeah do the following:-

Free agents

Scouting - Quicksearch - Contract status - Expired. (Gives you all freebies)

Scouting - Quicksearch - Transfer Status - Listed for Loan,

Also add position so you can search the required position you need either free or loan.
Posted by: leicmariner, January 25, 2015, 5:53pm; Reply: 25
This is the first manager game I've played in donkeys years but seem to be doing alright.  Though how many times is it acceptable to quit and reload the saved game when losing in the play off final?
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 25, 2015, 7:47pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from leicmariner
This is the first manager game I've played in donkeys years but seem to be doing alright.  Though how many times is it acceptable to quit and reload the saved game when losing in the play off final?

Until you win of course  ;)
Posted by: Meza, January 25, 2015, 10:53pm; Reply: 27
Ive signed

Kargiannis LW
Mozika CM
Wallis CM
Adam Webster on loan from Portsmouth CB
Padraig Amond on loan from Walsall ST scored 23 in 19
Beesley LB
Amadou Bakayoko on loan from Swindon ST
Sean Mullan 17 yr old ST
David Goldsmith 19 yr old ST

Pittman transfer listed
Paddy transfer listed
Disley transfer listed

Hannah has 8 in 12
LJL has 7 in 13
Mackreth has 6 in 20 with 14 assists
Neilson has 3 in 13 with 7 asists

currently top - W19 D 3 L0
beat Portsmouth in 1st round 3-2 away drawn Bury away in next round.

so far so rosey.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 25, 2015, 11:23pm; Reply: 28
What platforms can you get it on?
I have PC, tablet, xbox360, ps2
Posted by: Neilo83, January 26, 2015, 5:51am; Reply: 29
What platforms can you get it on?
I have PC, tablet, xbox360, ps2

Pc and tablet for sure, xbox i don't think and ps2 deffo not
Posted by: bradzmilne, January 26, 2015, 10:33am; Reply: 30
If your going to play it, do it properly on PC.
I am yet to buy this years though because I don't want it too mess with my A-Levels revision! Yes, that's how addictive it can become! I'm sure I'll waste numerous days during the summer on it though!  ;D
Posted by: fiveallive, January 26, 2015, 3:35pm; Reply: 31
Has anyone ever had a issue playing this game where player is homesick or player acts naughty doesn't turn up for training etc, i can remember on fm 2010 Richard Brodie fallen with one of the players, i remember the assistant mentioning something about it and when i sent him out loan one of the players he said he was glad he's gone lol.
Posted by: Meza, January 26, 2015, 6:02pm; Reply: 32
Well i removed the captaincy from Dizza and was not happy he has since been transfer-listed and only played 1 game.  Now he wants to stay but he's not good enough and his stats are kack.  Also why are all the players in non league so expensive like Michael West of Ebbsfleet or Loui Theopaneous of stains.  They wanted 60k for him 😰
Posted by: Freemoash88, January 26, 2015, 6:41pm; Reply: 33
Did everyone get the injury bug when the game came out, I had 9 players injured in my first 3 games.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 26, 2015, 11:03pm; Reply: 34
I played LMA 2002
You could guarantee that a top player would get a long injury in week 2
I used to save it before the injury and replace the said player with someone excrement
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 27, 2015, 8:15am; Reply: 35
Quoted from bradzmilne
If your going to play it, do it properly on PC.
I am yet to buy this years though because I don't want it too mess with my A-Levels revision! Yes, that's how addictive it can become! I'm sure I'll waste numerous days during the summer on it though!  ;D

Agree!!

Champ manager at uni 96-98 lost a lot of days
Posted by: Meza, January 27, 2015, 8:26am; Reply: 36
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Agree!!

Champ manager at uni 96-98 lost a lot of days

My first Champ manager was 93-94 on the Amiga, it was done by Domark and they had generated players, then they released 94 season and this had proper players.  Same here, lost more days than I can remember.
Posted by: pizzzza, January 27, 2015, 8:27am; Reply: 37
It's a great game but as others have alluded to, it's just too bloody addictive! Which is why I have not bought it in a long time. I can remember saying many times to myself "Just one more match before bed" and before I knew it the sun was coming up....
Posted by: Meza, January 27, 2015, 8:29am; Reply: 38
Quoted from pizzzza
It's a great game but as others have alluded to, it's just too bloody addictive! Which is why I have not bought it in a long time. I can remember saying many times to myself "Just one more match before bed" and before I knew it the sun was coming up....

Haha yeah I did that too.  Although I think Champ man went downhill when they split as I got both champ man and FM and FM was the best of the 2.
Posted by: fiveallive, January 27, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from pizzzza

That happened to me the other night, said last game at 10:00 before i knew it, it was like gone 5:00, the is game quite slow generating the days before the match you get bogged down looking at the free agents or loan. Or you want to sign them couple of players before the window shuts lol.

Just signed Adam Cunnington for 8,000 he signs at the end of the season yes.
Posted by: fiveallive, January 27, 2015, 5:34pm; Reply: 40
I played LMA 2002
You could guarantee that a top player would get a long injury in week 2
I used to save it before the injury and replace the said player with someone excrement

I used to love LMA Manager the best game on PlayStation format, i remember playing Premier Manager 1998 or FA Manager where they used to to have a little square at the top of the screen to view the match, but by far the best one was LMA Manager i wish somebody was updating the game with this years stats and players.

You can buy champ manager 01/02 from ebay with this seasons stats and players.

Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 27, 2015, 5:36pm; Reply: 41
LMA 2006 is great,
Town have a good side, Danny North is awesome, Tony Crane, Michael Reddy are good too
Posted by: fiveallive, January 27, 2015, 5:40pm; Reply: 42
I remember i had to play Danny North at RB for cover to i could get a loan in. Jermaine Palmer got me 15 goals lol.
Posted by: fiveallive, January 27, 2015, 5:46pm; Reply: 43
Anybody got any tips onto close down players on FM 2015, i have the close down instruction on and closing down on players but still crack them in from 40 yards every time the opposition gets free kick outside the box its a goal lol the keepers are awful they punch balls into there own net i feel sorry Mckeown he sue them for making him look really awful. But its not just the opposition Craig Clay scored from the half way line and it flew past the keeper i nearly spilt coffee everywhere when he scored it was just so funny but all these little errors in the game make the job even harder as a manger because there's nothing you can do.

I had the town board threaten me with my job lol, i was 6 points off Wrexham or are top, i thought its a bit extreme.
Posted by: lukeo, January 28, 2015, 10:36pm; Reply: 44
Tried to use you guys as a bit of a guidance and none of the above players would come to me except 1.. he's scored 7 in 4 games for me :D
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 29, 2015, 7:26am; Reply: 45
Uche ipeako or similar on loan from Watford and look at 16-17 year olds from big clubs on loan.

As mentioned before though, iPad may be different settings/gameplay
Posted by: fiveallive, April 8, 2015, 3:07pm; Reply: 46
Just update i got annoyed with FM havn't played in a while to the other day started a new with the new update they have added and the game a different now, i'm top now lol 3 points they have made the game more relistic with tackles and shooting so anybody who's got the game give it a go with there update they added Palmer and Jolley to the town team if you start a new season Palmer on a season long loan.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, April 9, 2015, 5:00am; Reply: 47
I wish I could get it to play
Posted by: fiveallive, April 9, 2015, 11:33am; Reply: 48
I wish I could get it to play

Are you having issues with the game ?.

Posted by: Codswede, April 9, 2015, 11:36am; Reply: 49
I see they've brought the full version out for iPad, £14.99. Will wait for a few reviews on App Store before forking out though, must take up an awful lot of memory!!!
Posted by: fiveallive, April 9, 2015, 12:38pm; Reply: 50
This game can run slow on a pc, i would never attempt anything else, the best thing about the pc is you can get a update with all kits and player pics.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, April 9, 2015, 4:50pm; Reply: 51
I put a thread on here about a week ago, it hangs on the loading screen
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 10, 2015, 8:28pm; Reply: 52
De Girolamo on loan from Sheff U great at league 2 and conference level
Posted by: fiveallive, April 11, 2015, 3:45pm; Reply: 53
joe anyinsah is decent he's scored a few goals for me a free agent kept Mackreth out the team.
Print page generated: April 17, 2024, 12:47am