Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: JMT, January 20, 2015, 6:51pm
What on earth happens if Saturday get's called off?

surely we have to automatically put through then?
Posted by: Neilo83, January 21, 2015, 11:17am; Reply: 1
What's this?
Posted by: GTFCNiles, January 21, 2015, 11:18am; Reply: 2
It's tonight ....
Posted by: LH, January 21, 2015, 11:19am; Reply: 3
It won't be tonight I very much doubt.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 21, 2015, 11:31am; Reply: 4
If the game gets called off tonight and then called off again on Saturday, it will probably be rearranged for the following midweek, which will mean our game at Eastleigh on Tuesday will be off. IF the games does get played on the Tuesday and we win then I would think that our home league game v Telford a week on Saturday will be off and we will be playing away at Wrexham.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 21, 2015, 11:32am; Reply: 5
So if its not on tonight do they try again Sat instead of playing Nuneaton??

I see Gateshead are going to be holding this game out for as long as they can
Posted by: pizzzza, January 21, 2015, 11:53am; Reply: 6
If it is indeed it is called off tonight no way should it be played Saturday. It's not fair on us and it is not fair on Nuneaton.
Posted by: BIGChris, January 21, 2015, 11:56am; Reply: 7
Quoted from pizzzza
If it is indeed it is called off tonight no way should it be played Saturday. It's not fair on us and it is not fair on Nuneaton.

at every level FA  competitions seem to take precedence over league fixtures! It the 'law' of the land :o
Posted by: OneLove, January 21, 2015, 11:57am; Reply: 8
just send a load of youngsters down and have done with this daft cup what will only end up messing our league pattern up as per usual. Whats this round worth another 5k.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 21, 2015, 12:15pm; Reply: 9
So basically Gateshead are calling the shots here? They can more or less dictate what happens to our important league games in the coming weeks, surely after 2 attempts the match should be played at a neutral ground. :-/
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 21, 2015, 12:18pm; Reply: 10
Surely it's screwing Gateshead up as much as us? Their pitch is crap and it's annoying but I really don't get the conspiracy theories.

It'll be off tonight and the Nuneaton game will be postponed. Then the game against Gateshead on Saturday will be postponed again meaning we could have played Nuneaton all along.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 21, 2015, 12:26pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from cmackenzie4
So basically Gateshead are calling the shots here? They can more or less dictate what happens to our important league games in the coming weeks, surely after 2 attempts the match should be played at a neutral ground. :-/

Blyth Spartens just down the road seem to get all (most) of their games played. Move it there.

Posted by: ginnywings, January 21, 2015, 12:34pm; Reply: 12
I don't blame Gateshead. They have a crap pitch yes, but it's the officials who decide whether the game goes ahead or not and i don't imagine Gateshead are any more pleased about it than we are. Their only advantage is being at home and not having to travel.

Also, didn't we play them at a neutral ground in the past and if so, when will the powers that be decide to go that route?
Posted by: acko338, January 21, 2015, 12:36pm; Reply: 13
Surely after the debacle of last year's fixture pile up from Gateshead, the league could pressure them into hiring a footballing neighbour's league standard pitch to play this game without any further delays from the domino effect each week.

Blyth could probably use some more cash as an add on to their excellent cup run??
Posted by: rancido, January 21, 2015, 12:37pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from cmackenzie4

This is as much our own undoing! If we had beaten them at BP then there wouldn't be a problem. I'm not that bothered about the FAT but you must make the most of the home advantage for the first game.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 21, 2015, 12:43pm; Reply: 15
Why can't we play both on Saturday? Send a second string team to Gateshead without a full subs bench if necessary and send the first team to Nuneaton.
Posted by: Blundelluk, January 21, 2015, 12:48pm; Reply: 16
Because as stated Paul Hurst takes the competition seriously and wants to win it!! Once again though the fans suffer, especially those who like to get to every game as I used to. Crazy situation on Saturday where we could be at 3 different grounds
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 21, 2015, 12:51pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from ginnywings
I don't blame Gateshead. They have a crap pitch yes, but it's the officials who decide whether the game goes ahead or not and i don't imagine Gateshead are any more pleased about it than we are. Their only advantage is being at home and not having to travel.

Also, didn't we play them at a neutral ground in the past and if so, when will the powers that be decide to go that route?

They've had a long time to get their shambles of a pitch sorted. Last year we had mild winter so they got kind of lucky, the season before was a total joke and it looks like this seasons going the same way too.
Posted by: denni266, January 21, 2015, 12:52pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from GrimRob
Why can't we play both on Saturday? Send a second string team to Gateshead without a full subs bench if necessary and send the first team to Nuneaton.

there are a few ways this could be sorted,, but the powers that be wont  and cant see sence,,
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 21, 2015, 12:57pm; Reply: 19
But this is not the first time this has happened at Gateshead though is it? I would be interested to know what Gateshead do to try and rectify the problem, other teams do it, what if they can't get this problem sorted for the next 3-4 weeks then what?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 21, 2015, 1:46pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from pontoonlew

They've had a long time to get their shambles of a pitch sorted. Last year we had mild winter so they got kind of lucky, the season before was a total joke and it looks like this seasons going the same way too.

But my point stands. You can't blame Gateshead FC.

The ground is run by the local council and i suspect would cost way more than they are prepared to spend to sort out the drainage for a fifth rate football team who struggle to attract 1000 fans.. It's not only the football down here that is tin pot- most of the grounds are sub standard too. Nobody really cared about the Conference 'til down on their luck league teams started dropping to this level.

There is enough money in the game to fix all these problems but most of it goes in the ar$e pockets of overpaid footballers and i'm afraid that until we climb out of this cesspit, these problems will occur every year and the people that run this league are set in their ways.

We'll just have to live with it.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 10:25am