Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 20, 2015, 12:16pm
Never heard of this before
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-will-not-use-artificial-crowd-noise-to-improve-atmosphere-at-stamford-bridge-9987999.html
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 20, 2015, 12:17pm; Reply: 1
We used it at wembley v Northampton I believe
Posted by: mariner91, January 20, 2015, 12:23pm; Reply: 2
Simple solution is make ticket prices accessible to younger people and the working class man who are more likely to generate a bit of noise than the family of four who's father works in the city. But they will never do that.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 20, 2015, 1:05pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from mariner91
Simple solution is make ticket prices accessible to younger people and the working class man who are more likely to generate a bit of noise than the family of four who's father works in the city. But they will never do that.

It's the old prawn sandwich argument isn't it? The marketing of the all-seater game as family entertainment has never worked 100% but it has done enough to rob the game of a lot of the energy and excitement of a male dominated all-standing event.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 20, 2015, 1:29pm; Reply: 4

It's the old prawn sandwich argument isn't it? The marketing of the all-seater game as family entertainment has never worked 100% but it has done enough to rob the game of a lot of the energy and excitement of a male dominated all-standing event.

Yeah
Blooming women at the game. Whatever next? The vote

Boo fenty

:o ;) :X
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 20, 2015, 1:34pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Yeah
Blooming women at the game. Whatever next? The vote

Boo fenty

:o ;) :X

;D

Right on Woz !

Posted by: Garth, January 20, 2015, 2:08pm; Reply: 6
We lost a big percentage of our crowd noise when Rob Scott went
Posted by: gary_elton, January 20, 2015, 5:09pm; Reply: 7
I believe it has been used before in this country , Lincoln it was... cos nobody turned up week in week out...   ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 20, 2015, 6:56pm; Reply: 8
It doesn't say who (if anyone) suggested the idea in the first place. So it's a bit like Buck saying "we won't be slaughtering a goat before the game".

Plastic Premiership.
Posted by: Badger57, January 20, 2015, 9:30pm; Reply: 9
I believe it was Hartlepool United who first used artificial crowd noises in the early 70's although it was very short lived as the F.A. took a dim view considering it to give them an unfair advantage.
Posted by: Sconeboy, January 21, 2015, 9:22pm; Reply: 10
I was at RCD Espanyol against Atletico Madrid way back in 2006 and they used it there. Massive open-air stadium so generating an atmosphere was near enough impossible.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 5:28am