Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Simariner, January 17, 2015, 9:39pm
Not one Barnet player (apart from keeper) wore a long sleeve shirt or gloves.

Were Lenny and Arnold wore gloves first half and many wore long sleeves.

I'm sure I've seen in the past that Martin Allen won't let players lose the mind games and let players  wear gloves/long sleeves.

Anyway a pointless thread I know..... Ha
Posted by: LH, January 17, 2015, 9:43pm; Reply: 1
Sort of on subject but Sam Hatton used to wear a long sleeved shirt with rolled up sleeves and an underarmour shirt. What is that all about?!
Posted by: Simariner, January 17, 2015, 9:44pm; Reply: 2
Pet hate of mine.

Rooney is to be seen to wear gloves and long sleeve in September!!!!

Would Buckley let them wear gloves......?  :'(
Posted by: lee65, January 17, 2015, 9:55pm; Reply: 3
I have no problem with gloves, I always wear gloves and short sleeved shirt when playing 5 a side outdoors in winter
Older posters will remember when Keith Weller wore tights when playing for Leicester, a decision discussed on MOTD that evening (I think he scored?)
Posted by: Tinymariner, January 17, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 4
Macca always wears gloves, the soft shite ;)
Posted by: bobbyturtle, January 17, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from lee65
I have no problem with gloves, I always wear gloves and short sleeved shirt when playing 5 a side outdoors in winter
Older posters will remember when Keith Weller wore tights when playing for Leicester, a decision discussed on MOTD that evening (I think he scored?)

in the tranny club   :B
Posted by: Tommy, January 17, 2015, 9:58pm; Reply: 6
They can wear pink ribbons on their heads for all I care if they keep winning football matches.
Posted by: RichMariner, January 17, 2015, 10:05pm; Reply: 7
Whatever makes players feel comfortable.

When you feel comfortable you can play to your potential. No point telling players to go out there and freeze their balls off.

I know it's not like it was in the old days, and that players of today are softer, but things change.

Having said that, snoods were a 'thing', and then they got banned.
Posted by: LH, January 17, 2015, 10:10pm; Reply: 8
Christ! is this a Grimsby Town board or Brighton? ;)
Posted by: lee65, January 17, 2015, 10:12pm; Reply: 9
I liked the pink stripes on Barnets kit  ;)
Posted by: chicaneuk, January 17, 2015, 10:12pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Tommy
They can wear pink ribbons on their heads for all I care if they keep winning football matches.

Here here!
Posted by: LH, January 17, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 11
Looked like they worked in a sweetshop to me.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 17, 2015, 10:52pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from LH
Christ! is this a Grimsby Town board or Brighton? ;)

Town used to play in Salmon pink in the early 1900's.
Posted by: Rick12, January 17, 2015, 11:05pm; Reply: 13
Its up to the players if they were gloves and undergarments or not.Ive read old pros from back in the day have a go at players nowadays wearing all these undergarments and gloves calling them soft and the like.But look at their habits.A lot of them use to be a lot less professional than the players are today with more drinking going on.Of the few who went against the grain was Stanley Mathews who attributed his healthy lifestyle to his longevity in the game  
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 17, 2015, 11:18pm; Reply: 14
The bodies autonomical reaction to very cold conditions is to stop blood flow to the extremities, and keep vital organs warm.  We all know how cold BP can get so if a player has poor circulation or suffers from the elements more due to ethnicity I don't see what the problem is.

The biggest sin of accessories is were someone wears sun glasses when it is dark  ;)
Posted by: Tom13, January 17, 2015, 11:23pm; Reply: 15
Their number 7 did have a pair of tights on though, obviously they must be allowed!

Undershirts and tights are supposed to prevent injury as well aren't they? Don't see why you would ban them to be honest.
Posted by: LH, January 17, 2015, 11:26pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Marinerz93
The bodies autonomical reaction to very cold conditions is to stop blood flow to the extremities, and keep vital organs warm.  We all know how cold BP can get so if a player has poor circulation or suffers from the elements more due to ethnicity I don't see what the problem is.

The biggest sin of accessories is were someone wears sun glasses when it is dark  ;)

B-b-b-but you served in the forces for 22yrs?  ;)

Done a refuel at -20 in a tee shirt me but I earn my techie pay.
Posted by: Grimal, January 17, 2015, 11:45pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Rick12
Its up to the players if they were gloves and undergarments or not.Ive read old pros from back in the day have a go at players nowadays wearing all these undergarments and gloves calling them soft and the like.But look at their habits.A lot of them use to be a lot less professional than the players are today with more drinking going on.Of the few who went against the grain was Stanley Mathews who attributed his healthy lifestyle to his longevity in the game  

Perhaps the old Pro's have a go at players ,cos it takes to long for them to take their gloves and undergarments off and times money  ;).

Posted by: topuphere666, January 18, 2015, 8:17am; Reply: 18
Quoted from LH
Sort of on subject but Sam Hatton used to wear a long sleeved shirt with rolled up sleeves and an underarmour shirt. What is that all about?!

To be fair I do this on extremely cold Saturday's when playing. The weight of the actual shirt is horrible on my arms but the skins shirt is a non existent feel but keeps you warm.
Posted by: Rick12, January 18, 2015, 9:49am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Grimal

Perhaps the old Pro's have a go at players ,cos it takes to long for them to take their gloves and undergarments off and times money  ;).

Probably  :)

Posted by: HackneyHaddock, January 18, 2015, 10:25am; Reply: 20
Surely if you're a professional athlete going out to compete on a cold windy day, you want to feel as warm and as comfortable as you can.  I've no idea if Martin Allen has banned undergarments, but if he has, it would seem to me to be very foolhardy.
Posted by: Richard Cranium, January 18, 2015, 10:33am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Marinerz93

Town used to play in Salmon pink in the early 1900's.
Didn't know that you were around then you Afghan rebel !!

Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 7:09am