Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 17, 2015, 7:01pm
http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8855&start=15
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, January 17, 2015, 7:14pm; Reply: 1
sounds like a fishy match thread.

Their team is clear at top of the league but so much negativity. With all the comments you'd think they were bottom of the league. All side's match threads are the same if youre team is losing i suppose.Football fans are football fans no matter what the colours.

Their team werent at their best today  and the without doubt better side won.
Posted by: mariner tommy, January 17, 2015, 7:16pm; Reply: 2
A quote from their forum-

"In all honesty, Grimsby looked that much better than us that it's hard to see us ending up with anything more than a play-off place, but maybe it's just post-match depression on my part."

UTM
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, January 17, 2015, 7:16pm; Reply: 3
Got slightly bored of trawling through most of that but can't see much relevant to attaching it on here. Have I missed something.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 17, 2015, 7:19pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle
Got slightly bored of trawling through most of that but can't see much relevant to attaching it on here. Have I missed something.

The fact that certain posters argue that it is only Town fans who are negative and moan how they don't like the way things are going.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 17, 2015, 7:24pm; Reply: 5
When we lose many of us are OTT during and after a defeat - it's emotional and frustrating. Basically we were the better team for 70 minutes and deserved the win but they weren't dreadful and against lesser defences would have caused serious problems. I thought we won it rather than Barnet lost it.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 17, 2015, 7:27pm; Reply: 6
As we all thought / page 8, Akinde lucky not to get a red for that tackle ( Barnet fan ).
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 17, 2015, 7:46pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice
As we all thought / page 8, Akinde lucky not to get a red for that tackle ( Barnet fan ).

He made no attempt to play the ball , it was a desperate act to injure a fellow pro. He should have been sent off !
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 17, 2015, 7:49pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

I think he was VERY lucky not to get red for that

No excuses at all for going in as he did when the ball wasn't even there to be won

You could argue it was a forward's tackle but to my mind he knew what he was doing and was intent on taking out the man

Posted by: moosey_club, January 17, 2015, 8:52pm; Reply: 9
Cheered me up even more reading that lot...haha.  Hunt is their boo boy i see and Luisma the golden boy
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 17, 2015, 9:03pm; Reply: 10
I thought Barnet wilted in the second half after Town's 3rd goal. Maybe their manager should question the fitness of his players as well, there were some who looked to be carrying excess weight.
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, January 18, 2015, 10:28am; Reply: 11

My apologies for that post RP. Was in a bit of a rotten mood last night, but that post was a bit disrespectful really.

Posted by: Grimal, January 18, 2015, 11:04am; Reply: 12
Just watched the match highlights and Akinde's  tackle on Pearson was way out of order, he knew exactly what he was doing, flying in with both boots showing studs, could easily end a players career with a challenge like that. I've seen loads of red cards given for much milder infringements. I thought the ref had a good game but definitely got that one wrong.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 18, 2015, 11:44am; Reply: 13
Whilst it didn't make any difference yesterday it would've been good if he'd been banned for 3 games.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 18, 2015, 12:03pm; Reply: 14

My apologies for that post RP. Was in a bit of a rotten mood last night, but that post was a bit disrespectful really.

Thanks for that, UTM
[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/263g10m.jpg[/IMG]
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 8:33pm